Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Ismail's Guitar World  (Read 1469 times)

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
Ismail's Guitar World
« on: February 27, 2023, 11:53:21 PM »
I have no idea where these guy came from but I'm going to shamelessly plug his channel here. Search returned nothing for either Ismail or Khalid on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/@IsmailsGuitarWorld/videos

He's usually playing over original MK songs, perhaps filtered somewhat to reduce other instruments. All I can say is he knows a thing or two about playing in MK style.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Ismail's Guitar World
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 01:20:55 AM »
I have no idea where these guy came from but I'm going to shamelessly plug his channel here. Search returned nothing for either Ismail or Khalid on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/@IsmailsGuitarWorld/videos

He's usually playing over original MK songs, perhaps filtered somewhat to reduce other instruments. All I can say is he knows a thing or two about playing in MK style.

He's a great guy, and often leaves comments on my videos. Then I remember he's like 2 times younger than me, and I want to quit :lol

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 09:02:14 AM »
Those are pretty much my feelings as well. I'll never be able to play like that, I'm now getting too old and to be honest, even if I tried years ago he'd still be better. But then again, it's not a competition.

Angel of Mercy. There's probably one other guy with a pretty poor cover of this song and another one did the solo I think and that's pretty much it on youtube. And then comes Ismail and does the whole thing.  :clap

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 10:19:56 AM »
Those are pretty much my feelings as well. I'll never be able to play like that, I'm now getting too old and to be honest, even if I tried years ago he'd still be better. But then again, it's not a competition.

Angel of Mercy. There's probably one other guy with a pretty poor cover of this song and another one did the solo I think and that's pretty much it on youtube. And then comes Ismail and does the whole thing.  :clap

Yeah, so he basically plays like that at the age I haven't even started playing. Which is quite ridiculous to think about. Imagine what he'll be up to in 15 years!

And unlike me, I think he has all the chances to actually pursue a music career. To have such a jump-start early in life is a dream for any musician.

And for all the rest... It's never too late to learn some guitar. By the way, I found another young musician on YouTube who plays for 2 years but already can handle solos like Sultans Alchemy Live Version. I reckon Mark's music will be in huge demand again soon with players like that.

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 09:41:29 AM »
Holy hell this kid is good!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 36 queries.