Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Roger Waters  (Read 2769 times)

Offlinevape68

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Roger Waters
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 06:08:19 PM »
But it was Russia that invaded Ukraine. In Ukraine, innocent children and women are dying. Schools are bombed. If Russia wins, it will not stop.

True but only after 20 thousand 'russian' people were killed in Donbass from 2014 to 2022.
if you think Ukraine is so good and so great you are completely wrong.

Offlinevape68

• Guitar George
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 06:09:06 PM »
No matter if Water is pro-anything, the things he said and promoted are just unacceptable.

like what exactly ?

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 06:25:00 PM »
This is becoming too political and ideologically biased.

Innocent are being bombed, tortured, civilians killed

No war of any kinds has any justification and the sense of revenge once led to world war II
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 06:29:17 PM by Pierre »

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 06:26:48 PM »
This is becoming to political and ideologically biased.

Innocent are being bombed, tortured, civilians killed

No war of any kinds has any justification and the sense of revenge once led to world war II

Exactly.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 06:42:28 PM »
No matter if Water is pro-anything, the things he said and promoted are just unacceptable.

like what exactly ?

Well, you can just Google "Roger Waters Ukraine" and it rains with atrocity. I think it's a perfect example of when a musician should focus on music instead of venturing into politics. I mean David releasing a song that supports Ukraine is one thing. It's not politics, it's basically charity... But having a strong position and trying to defend someone is completely another thing.

I think Roger represents this classic hippie kind of person that ignores the facts completely. Nobody wants war, but you also need to consider how it will develop and what happens next. Peace on what terms exactly? How do you think Russia will behave after this "peace"? Personally, I don't think any peace is real because both sides have no common ground whatsoever.

Please, do not close this topic, as I'm sure somebody will come in and say we should not discuss politics here. It's not politics, folks, it's history.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 06:50:51 PM »
"Please, do not close this topic, as I'm sure somebody will come in and say we should not discuss politics here. It's not politics, folks, it's history"

Exactly. it's history and life. Brutal but life.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 06:59:59 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinevape68

• Guitar George
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 07:06:40 PM »

like what exactly ?

Well, you can just Google "Roger Waters Ukraine" and it rains with atrocity. I think it's a perfect example of when a musician should focus on music instead of venturing into politics. I mean David releasing a song that supports Ukraine is one thing. It's not politics, it's basically charity... But having a strong position and trying to defend someone is completely another thing.

I think Roger represents this classic hippie kind of person that ignores the facts completely. Nobody wants war, but you also need to consider how it will develop and what happens next. Peace on what terms exactly? How do you think Russia will behave after this "peace"? Personally, I don't think any peace is real because both sides have no common ground whatsoever.

Please, do not close this topic, as I'm sure somebody will come in and say we should not discuss politics here. It's not politics, folks, it's history.

You are very confused imho, Google is the truth, oh yes, and David releasing a song that supports Ukraine is not politics, oh yes

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 07:23:39 PM »

like what exactly ?

You are very confused imho, Google is the truth, oh yes, and David releasing a song that supports Ukraine is not politics, oh yes

Google is a search engine, how can it be "the truth"? I meant that you can find Roger's quotes and attempts of defending Russia by claiming that it wasn't Russia who started the war, which is exactly what our propaganda says (believe me, I'm Russian). I'm not a fan of black-and-white vision, but the war set such a clear border than any, and I mean — any attempt of defending Russia or Putin is ridiculous and unacceptable. And yes, as the vast majority of the world is on the side of Ukraine, so by supporting it you're basically doing charity.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2023, 08:02:46 PM »
I'd say to Roger, that if your line of thinking happens to match that of a dictatorship regime and what its propaganda says... Then don't be surprised you're being cancelled and bashed all over the world for your "active political position". Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt, as Mark Twain said.

Offlinenando_5994

• Local Hero
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2023, 11:41:17 AM »
Well i started this because the Roger Waters concert is a great great show! But is normal that politics come to the theme. This is the link for the RW speech to the ONU about the war in Ucraine. Dont see suport to Russia, but an appeal to the end of war.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2023, 12:23:36 PM »
Well i started this because the Roger Waters concert is a great great show! But is normal that politics come to the theme. This is the link for the RW speech to the ONU about the war in Ucraine. Dont see suport to Russia, but an appeal to the end of war.

Again, Roger Waters represents an average human being who thinks only in terms of peace, "the war is bad", and "killing is bad" paradigm, but they do not think about the future, and how this "peace" will escalate the war even more. Like any peace talks, peace, in general, will give Putin even more time and opportunities to build a bigger army and do even more killing. And more than that, any peace talk will show all the remaining dictators that you can do pretty much anything you want, and the world still be OK with that. Invade all you want, kill whoever you want, and we will "negotiate" that.

Roger doesn't understand that any prolonging of the war, peace talks, or decrease of military supplies to Ukraine are all an advantage for Putin. Ukrainians do not want any compromises on their land and want all their territories back to 1991, Putin wants to capture as many new territories as possible. There is no common ground for peace talks, it's impossible. And by calling for de-escalation he unconsciously helps Putin. Thanks, Roger.

What Roger is doing is called populism.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.