Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Sweetwater - British Grove Studios: Touring Mark Knopfler’s Sonic Sanctuary  (Read 2268 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

If you have problems with what a fan forum is, it is very clear you need the door as, also very clearly, a fan forum is not the place to be for you,

Great. Funny that fans are placed above actual band members, and negativity is preferred over reality.
That's fine by me.

So reality can only be positive according to you? I just can't understand the logic. This trolling is beyond my kung fu I'm afraid! ;D

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
This forum is a haven to me, a place were people care about the same things as I do. My friends and family don't even pretend to care, not even to make me feel seen. 
My impression is the same as pointed out by many others, and which I thught was understood, is that before we had facts, we think, discuss and speculate. I have never read anything here of real significance
that have been wrong. We are chatting, not knocking eachother in the head claming to have facts. We may be negative, yes we probably are and I love it. We ususally live in peace, until somebody comes in and tell us how to behave.  Oh, were are that person who accused this page of being all sunshine  :lol

The comment about the video being crap would probably pass as an *opinion* and forgotten, until one single person pointed out how horrible is was to say so
Yeah. For example, I come in here all the time to criticize Mark's choice of footwear. Now that's negativity!  ;D

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
A free speach about free speach (i am sorry in advance):

Free speach is not a right to say what you want without being contradicted. When people express their disagreement, they are not limiting free speach, they are exercising free speach.

The purpose of free speach is not free speach itself, but the argument and the disagreement. The goal is truth.

So it’s a democratic tool too seek truth through arguments. Free speach only works if disagreement is allowed and feels safe, both sosially, psychologically and legally.

Free speach has to apply to all to work. It does not apply to all if not all opinions are welcome. Ways of limiting free speach is to ridicule, exclude or punish.

So let people disagree with you. Let people argue. If someone means that things are too positive or negative here, just argue or shut up. They are not saying that it’s not allowed to be positive or negative or whatever, just expressing theirselves. Don’t show them the door or tell them how stupid they are (in different suptle or obvious ways) or exclude them from the argument by telling them that they are not real AMITERS, fans or give other reasons to show that their opinions count less.

Ok, sorry about that, guys. Now, lets cut the crap, be nice and have fun!! (And yes, speculation is fun.)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 39 queries.