Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Time To Stop?  (Read 3090 times)

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Time To Stop?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2024, 09:56:12 PM »
"Sure, but as far as I know (I'm not a Dylan expert), they have played more of a supporting role. More in the background"

In addition to Slow Train Coming or Infidels:)

:) Of course there are always exceptions, but in my opinion they prove the "rule".

Slow Train Coming features a lot of guitar, but still little compared with, say, Communique.

Anyway, it's not the amount of guitar or technical level that are important, but how creative and inspired the playing is.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 10:13:26 PM by hunter v2.0 »

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
Re: Time To Stop?
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2024, 10:01:35 PM »
Mark is primarily a songwriter and also a gifted guitarist. A songwriter is looking at the world. He observes and looks closer than most of us do. This is his destiny.
As long as our world is turning and Mark's fingers are moving, he is compelled to write everything down and turn it into a good song, just as he has been doing for almost 50 years.
His guitar playing became secondary to him so many years ago and if one day he hangs the Les Pauls & Co. on the wall and only plays the acoustic, that's fine with me too.
I think the only things that are important to him at the moment are good lyrics and a nice melody. In this respect he is in a class of his own.
I really don't see any reason to stop!
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 39 queries.