Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits star Mark Knopfler to auction Brothers In Arms guitars - BBC NEWS  (Read 42105 times)

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Probably a case of "omg, I just spent £15,000 on a guitar ...". Or unexpected expenses and now their credit cards are maxed out.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Probably a case of "omg, I just spent £15,000 on a guitar ...". Or unexpected expenses and now their credit cards are maxed out.

I did raise an eyebrow when people were speaking about these guitars as investment pieces. A lot of them, like this one, are fairly nondescript and not that interesting.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado

I did raise an eyebrow when people were speaking about these guitars as investment pieces. A lot of them, like this one, are fairly nondescript and not that interesting.

Any regular guitar Mark has just owned and barely used is just nuts to pay that kind of money for. M.J. Franks is a totally unknown builder to me, and a quick search reveals that he's not exactly often discussed online. I'm sure it's a great guitar, but it seems the base model of that guitar starts at the equivalent of £3675. The seller will have a hard time getting rid of this one.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
Lucky Mary Spender:

https://youtu.be/55VAI6YFqBY?si=gOjNHsXRNFZ7f7vu

Wow, very cool. Nice to hear these guitars played in a style and with a tone that are not associated with Mark.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.