Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RSD 2024 EP The Boy  (Read 27358 times)

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
RSD 2024 EP The Boy
« on: November 22, 2023, 11:39:31 AM »
What do we think about the new EP? I think it will contain 4, 5, or 6 songs. anymore and it can really be an album, also, do we think this could be rush released? before the album? maybe a digital and CD only thing to get around waiting for the Vinyl delay.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: RSD 2024 EP The Boy
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 12:08:07 PM »
When was the last time he released an EP? DancEPlay? It's definitely an experimental thing, so I'm actually hyped about that.

Mark is fixing his mistake when he should've released a blues EP separately from regular album in Privateering times.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 12:11:22 PM »
We don't know if the EP will be a separate album. Maybe these will be additional songs, like for example on the Tracker album. Or maybe it will be a bonus album like on Get Lucky or Privateering and Down The Road Wherever.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 12:14:05 PM »
We don't know if the EP will be a separate album. Maybe these will be additional songs, like for example on the Tracker album. Or maybe it will be a bonus album like on Get Lucky or Privateering and Down The Road Wherever.

Bonus disc is still a part of an album, it's not an EP. But either way, it's really better to separate some tunes rather than put everything on a double/triple album.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 12:19:27 PM »

Bonus disc is still a part of an album, it's not an EP. But either way, it's really better to separate some tunes rather than put everything on a double/triple album.

Yes you are right. If the EP is only 4 songs? I want more!!!! :)
Clear as the day

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 12:33:41 PM »
When was the last time he released an EP? DancEPlay? It's definitely an experimental thing, so I'm actually hyped about that.

Mark is fixing his mistake when he should've released a blues EP separately from regular album in Privateering times.

Your opinion, hardly a mistake.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 12:49:36 PM »

The Trawlerman’s Song EP in 2005.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 01:03:37 PM »

The Trawlerman’s Song EP in 2005.

Good point, but it wasn't new material:)
Clear as the day

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 01:30:13 PM »

LE

It's debatable. You can find interviews around the release of Privateering where Mark expressed he thought of releasing a blues album separately, but ended up putting all eggs in one basket. I guess, the idea of releasing a first double album was too tempting. So as usual on this forum, I'm not pulling info out of my butt, but base my opinions on facts and interviews.

Imagine the new album comes out, and it's Mark's first triple album with 42 songs, blues numbers, soundtrack numbers, nursery rhymes or whatever, 15 bonus tracks, everything's completely random taking up 8 LPs, and costs like an aeroplane. Who asked for this? I think it's a much better idea to organise it a little bit.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2023, 01:36:32 PM »
I know where you coming from but he can do as he wishes to do. Using the word "mistake" implies that there could be a "right" way to do it. It's all possibilities but not right or wrong. I love Privateering exactly as it is and the blues songs open new horizons and make it more open. So am I wrong?

LE
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 01:41:37 PM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 01:46:55 PM »
I think it is clear that this will be an EP of all new songs, I am looking forward to whatever is on it.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 01:49:52 PM »
I know where you coming from but he can do as he wissen to do. Using the word "mistake" implies that there could we a "right" way to do it. It's all possibilities but not right or wrong. I love Privateering exactly as it is and the blues songs open new horizons and make it more open. So am I wrong?

LE

There's no "wrong" in art of course. I hate this word. There are, however, strange anomalies like too many bonus tracks, great songs "downgraded" to bonus tracks, bonus tracks for some countries, or releasing a more expensive and longer double album for whatever reason.

My opinion was, that since Mark's blues is almost a genre on its own (Mark has a very unique take on blues), it would be great to have it on an EP rather than shelved among other songs. You don't need me to know Mark's blues songs get fewer listens than his non-blues ones (2, 3 fold and up).

I love Privateering for what it is also, I don't have a choice, but in a parallel universe, where this idea materialised, that would be great.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 01:51:42 PM »
I think it is clear that this will be an EP of all new songs, I am looking forward to whatever is on it.

The question is when will it be released? On the same day as the album? Sooner or later?
Clear as the day

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 02:04:24 PM »
It seems like it would be sooner than the album release otherwise it would might as well be part of the album.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2023, 02:10:43 PM »

LE

What always puzzled me more than the inclusion of these blues songs on Privateering was the exclusion of Follow the Ribbon. If THAT isn't a perfect album closer, what in the world is?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 38 queries.