Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tremors in MK's right hand  (Read 7226 times)

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
Re: Tremors in MK's right hand
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2024, 07:59:23 PM »
I would tend to advise against asking Guy. He is not Mark’s spokesman and is hardly at liberty to discuss Mark’s health.

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2024, 08:11:44 PM »
And it is none of our business anyway.

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2024, 08:29:44 PM »

Absolutely. If Mark has some sort of problem, it is up to him if he wants to discuss it. It’s not our business and frankly I think it is quite rude for us to speculate or make assumptions.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2024, 09:00:12 PM »

Absolutely. If Mark has some sort of problem, it is up to him if he wants to discuss it. It’s not our business and frankly I think it is quite rude for us to speculate or make assumptions.

100% agree!

Can't you just leave him alone? It must make him very uncomfortable to read that people speculate about his health.
It's hard enough to accept it yourself when something is wrong with you. Mark has always been a very privat person and we should respect his privacy.
Like Kris said, it's non of our business!
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineSultan70

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2024, 09:13:51 PM »
It's a public video,
Should we just watch and shut up without worrying ? Unbelievable

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2024, 09:35:37 PM »
100% agree with you Sultan, and I don't understand why some of you refuse to believe yours eyes. It is age, and quite possible something more, yes. Age is "only" a number, except that it is not. You can not possibly know someone around his age and not observe what age does to the body. Why is that rude to talk about.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2024, 09:40:09 PM »
This shaking hand is not new.
This has already been discussed on the forum and there is not much to say more.

Ok his hand is shaking and we have to deal with that, without knowing the answer behind it.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2024, 08:03:52 AM »
Regarding this issue, I know for sure, and that's information, not an opinion, that MK doesn't feel well about his actual condition and he felt even worse with the TCT project when he met other guitar players of his age or older, already planning to go on tour, because he can't do it anymore.

Obviously I can't say from where I get this, but I was told that this is information, not an opinion.

Let's enjoy whatever he can record in the future and offer us, and treasure our memories of him playing live.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2024, 10:29:33 AM »
Regarding this issue, I know for sure, and that's information, not an opinion, that MK doesn't feel well about his actual condition and he felt even worse with the TCT project when he met other guitar players of his age or older, already planning to go on tour, because he can't do it anymore.

Obviously I can't say from where I get this, but I was told that this is information, not an opinion.

Let's enjoy whatever he can record in the future and offer us, and treasure our memories of him playing live.

Oh dear. That must be heartbreaking.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineMorkY555

• Guitar George
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2024, 11:23:42 AM »

[/quote]

I wondered this myself, then thought perhaps the idea was to play some more snippets and he was suddenly put off by what happened.  Who knows.

Speculation sure isn't good but sadly something doesn't seem right.
[/quote]

I guess he is very well aware that people really want to see him with a guitar in his hands 'live', so I think he could not help himself from picking up the acoustic.... even if that means showing he is not anywhere close to where he wants to be physically...

Also looking at how he moves (shuffles) in the PR snippet at the bridge, his body seems to have aged well past his mind, which is really sad to see. I honestly hope he can continue to find sufficient satisfaction creating all the beautiful things for the world together with his friends and for his friends, us, for years and years to come....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2024, 11:33:06 AM »
I have fully accepted that Mark Knopfler as a touring musician is over. I am very happy Mark Knopfler as a song writer continues, we will still get to hear his guitar playing on his new songs, and I am sure they will sound great. It's not the end of the road for Mark, a lot of famous musicians have ended touring, some go on when they should have stopped, but good luck to them. It's clear Mark has a medical issue that is affecting his hands, to be honest, I am sure it would be a miracle for any musician of his age not to have something wrong. Let's talk about the music, not his health.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinebanden

• Guitar George
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2024, 02:00:42 PM »
Health speculations aside - I can't help but feeling sad watching him struggle with a few simple notes, far from the guitar hero he ones was.

Maybe it's harder for him not beeing able to play the Christies guitars like he used to, than actually selling them...

uapueq

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2024, 05:11:58 PM »
Health speculations aside - I can't help but feeling sad watching him struggle with a few simple notes, far from the guitar hero he ones was.

Maybe it's harder for him not beeing able to play the Christies guitars like he used to, than actually selling them...

uapueq

I don't think there's any question of that. I bet he would trade all but one of his guitars to be able to play like he used to.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2024, 06:28:53 PM »

Thank you for the info. It explanes a lot.

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2024, 09:18:12 PM »
The problem is that when there is no information and something clearly is up, fans will spend alot of time studying the details trying to figure something out. I don't think MK reads this forum or random youtube threads, but if he does and is bothered by speculations, he's the only one who can stop it by being a bit more open.

You could, in some sense, compare it with Michael Schumacher - just on a smaller scale. If everyone knew how he was doing and what was the end result of the injuries, they would leave the family alone as the important questions got their answers.

Like, Springsteen had to cancel a bunch of shows last year due to health reasons. If he offered no explanation, speculations would be all over the place - but us fans know why and wish him a happy recovery.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.