Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Nice comments about MK from Keith Urban  (Read 1790 times)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
Nice comments about MK from Keith Urban
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:18:57 AM »
Keith Urban was interviewed recently for his new cd.    He had this to say about MK:
One of your inspirations as a guitar player was Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits. Why him?

When I was 15, a guy who played guitar in a little band in Brisbane, where I grew up, was in love with Dire Straits. He had this Stratocaster - it just sounded so great, and I said, "Where do you get your sound from?" He said, "I'm fully inspired by Mark Knopfler." Just the beautiful tone and the melodic creativity, it's sublime.

Have you ever met him?

It was more of a strange fan sighting one night - one of my early years in Nashville. He was sitting at a table in a restaurant. I was just sort of awestruck. The only really "fannish" moment I've ever had was seeing him at the table. I waited till the end and introduced myself and he was just really cordial. I would love to meet him proper some day.

For the full article, here's the link:  http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/keith-urban-is-in-a-lighter-mood-for-his-garden-show-1.1502529
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 38 queries.