Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158740 times)

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
It seemed so odd because it was like the guitar solo was being mimicked or competed with on the flute. That part of the song should be the screaming guitar - not a sympathetic flute also - just my opinion of course. Sounds like MM was being made to work for his salary:-)

OnlineTxuri-urdin

• Guitar George

However when I put the MP3s onto an SD card and tried playing them through the car stereo it would not recognise the files. I tried various bitrates from 320 down to 128 and the result was the same.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Just try to rename the files and make them shorter. I think that the file names are too long for some devices or softwares.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Wow that sounds so logical it has to be the answer - thank you.
I am sure it will work.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Hmm it didn't work - i still get a message saying 'data corrupted' yet i have tried various SD cards and the same method that i always use for copying MP3s to the cards.

Anyone else had this problem?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Try to burn them on CD and listen in your car, if that works out, it must work for SD as well! Do you have the good extension, does your car read mp3 or other extensions? Maybe you can use Switch Sound File Converter (free) for changing the files.

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Well, I noticed some problems too. At home I have a Roland Sonic Cell (a sound module for keyboards) with USB slot and the possibility to play mp3's (and few other formats) via the device. For some reason, the simfy recordings can't be played (even when copied to another USB stick). :)

Love Expresso

I have a technical querie because I am a total computer-muppet...
So how comes: I tried this: When I go to the Simfy-page directly I will have all 48 shows as download and as stick. But when I follow f.e. the MK.COM site-link or the link on Jeroen's page (www.what-it-is.nl), it will show only 47 downloads, without Manchester. Are these links somewhat not "fresh" or what? Just curious... Please enlighten me!     :disbelief
LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Same for me

explanation : the link are not the same

wiis.nl : http://www.simfylive.de/en/shop/29388/live-recordings/Mark-Knopfler.html
google :http://simfylive.com/de/artist/3272/live-recordings/Mark-Knopfler.html
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Try to burn them on CD and listen in your car, if that works out, it must work for SD as well! Do you have the good extension, does your car read mp3 or other extensions? Maybe you can use Switch Sound File Converter (free) for changing the files.

Yes I have tried all that Ingridswing. And I use Switch too:-)

It works for all other sounds and music - i simply convert to MP3 then laod them onto SD. But the MK ones don't do this for some reason - I am guessing it is copyright protection but its odd considering i can make wav files and distribute that way. Also i can play the mps on media player on pc.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford
« Reply #339 on: September 01, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »
The file is not protected but I did not find the encoder is used to generate.

Maybe you could contact Simfy about this.

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
Re: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford
« Reply #340 on: September 01, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »
It works for all other sounds and music - i simply convert to MP3 then laod them onto SD. But the MK ones don't do this for some reason - I am guessing it is copyright protection but its odd considering i can make wav files and distribute that way. Also i can play the mps on media player on pc.

perhaps your car stereo system needs special ( eventually LAME ) encoded mp3 files ? Analyzing the simfy mp3's shows that they are not LAME encoded .... contrary to all music which I converted in the past myself on my PC and are all playable on different mp3-players.
Try to convert with your conversion program the simfy mp3 files again to mp3 format ... so they  should be encoded the same way as all your other mp3's, which were working so far.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2010, 11:19:12 AM »

perhaps your car stereo system needs special ( eventually LAME ) encoded mp3 files ? Analyzing the simfy mp3's shows that they are not LAME encoded .... contrary to all music which I converted in the past myself on my PC and are all playable on different mp3-players.
Try to convert with your conversion program the simfy mp3 files again to mp3 format ... so they  should be encoded the same way as all your other mp3's, which were working so far.

Interesting.

I saw that the encoder id tag was empty but did you find what encoder they are using, or at least how do you know that it is not LAME.

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #342 on: September 01, 2010, 02:52:36 PM »
I see the difference after analyzing the files with codecinstaller (freeware). On all the simfy mp3's no LAME encoding is detected whereas for all my own mp3-files LAME encoding is indicated. I'm not sure but probably this fact can be helpful.

I'm quite sure there is no copy protection on the simfy files. I've copied the files 1:1 ( without any conversion ) to two different mp3-players and all worked perfect. Simon's car mp3-player can't work with the original simfy mp3 format, but should do it IMHO after Simon converts the files the same way as he has done in the past with all his other mp3's, which were working well in the car ... at least I hope so. ;)

@Simon: what is the name of your car stereo system ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:00:36 PM by joko »

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »

For Car Audio playing you could try buring them as WAV files.....that works in my car.... that approach works for me!
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2010, 06:04:43 PM »
Still four more shows to be uploaded, it looks like next two will be Brighton and Bournemouth. I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 37 queries.