Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #86 DTRW TOUR - Sep 25 2019 - Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY, US(w.Bonnie Raitt)  (Read 119624 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Still a lot of tickets available but it looks like the situation improved a bit, they must be close to had sold at least half of the venue...

...after lowering ticket prices by good amounts  :lol

... and despite that I'm not sure if the blue spots are more or less than the white ones yet.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
It's to late now to cancel the show...  So I am fine with that.
A bit disappointed that it won't be crowded but still happy to go

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
The good thing is that th ticket scalpers won‘t be able to make much money with selling their tickets.  Perhaps that prevents them doing  that again.

OfflineShai

• Camerado
There was a tv commercial on NY/NJ/CT the other night. First time in memory that there was any advertising for a Markie show since DS 1992!

I still think it'll be a sellout.

Saul

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 05:22:43 PM by Shai »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
There was a tv commercial on NY/NJ/CT the other night. First time in memory that there was any advertising for a Markie show since DS 1992!

I still think it'll be a sellout.

Saul

The new CBS interview mentions it too.  Hopefully it'll raise interest.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
Was bored so took a note of how many tickets were available on Friday and compared to today.

Section X - Tickets available on Friday / Tickets available on Monday

Section A - 27/1
Section B - 34/1
Section C - 54/15
Section D - 14/1
Section E - 10/0
Section F - 10/0
Section 108 - 89/73
Section 107 - No Change
Section 106 - 41 / 23
Section 59 / 53

Seems tickets are shifting, albeit slowly.

Reckon come Wednesday, atmosphere will be rocking.

X

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
I can't wait but I can't believe this is the last concert :(
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
I can't wait but I can't believe this is the last concert :(

It's not the last. Read Guy.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
I know but I'm afraid the last big tour.
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

I'm not afraid about being the last big tour, in the contrary. The best thing he can do, it´s, like MK says "it has to be normal traveling for old man", a tour of selected places, in Europe and in the US, those places where he knows he sell out the venues and the cities and venues he really loves to play, from a 85 concerts tour to a 30 concerts tour or less. If he doesn't want to retire from touring at all as he is saying lately.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

I'm not afraid about being the last big tour, in the contrary. The best thing he can do, it´s, like MK says "it has to be normal traveling for old man", a tour of selected places, in Europe and in the US, those places where he knows he sell out the venues and the cities and venues he really loves to play, from a 85 concerts tour to a 30 concerts tour or less. If he doesn't want to retire from touring at all as he is saying lately.

I hope you're right, jbaent.   I can't bear the thought of not seeing Mk in concert again and if he does continue touring, but on a reduced scale, it could be much more difficult to get tickets, due to demand.   We will have to keep our eyes and ears open and be very quick on the button!   ;D   I look forward to seeing you somewhere again.   :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineSolid Rock

• Camerado
  • Get lucky, down the road wherver.
Someone still an update how much ticket still available.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

I hope you're right, jbaent.   I can't bear the thought of not seeing Mk in concert again and if he does continue touring, but on a reduced scale, it could be much more difficult to get tickets, due to demand.   We will have to keep our eyes and ears open and be very quick on the button!   ;D   I look forward to seeing you somewhere again.   :wave

When Eric Clapton stopped touring and only did three or four concerts at the RAH in May, to get tickets was more difficult, but we are experienced purchasing tickets with the fair admission and presales, so we don't have problem to get tickets, but the general audience that doesn't know about the FA and presale... I managed to get tickets to Clapton at the RAH two years ago, using the "what´s Eric" presale, for example, and it was the only time I tried, so, 100% of success, LOL

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
When Eric Clapton stopped touring and only did three or four concerts at the RAH in May, to get tickets was more difficult, but we are experienced purchasing tickets with the fair admission and presales, so we don't have problem to get tickets, but the general audience that doesn't know about the FA and presale... I managed to get tickets to Clapton at the RAH two years ago, using the "what´s Eric" presale, for example, and it was the only time I tried, so, 100% of success, LOL

A die-hard fan will always find a way to buy a ticket for any price so it's not a problem at all :lol
What about tickets price? Will it reach stratosphere in that case by the way? With a smaller tour.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms

Yes and I believe that it will be so. But for many of us the days are over when Mark came to you.
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 35 queries.