Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 1  (Read 14304 times)

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
Re: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 1
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2021, 11:47:55 AM »
Haven't visited the forum for a few days, came here and just saw that Crimson was killed first. Shame indeed.

Time for revenge now.  :-[

KTGC wouldn't be so disliked if it had a proper drummer on it ;)

Danny?   He is a proper drummer!     ???

Just trolling Nico :)

That said, many a true word spoken in jest and to my ears Danny is a world class percussionist but a good drummer.

Hee Hee, agree with you Dusty, Danny is more than a good Percussionist/Drummer......

I never made this distinction, to be honest with you. The fact that Danny primarily plays the percussion doesn't mean that he's strictly a percussionist. I mean he played all the difficult MK songs flawless, played everything that was thrown to him. So how he just "good" I don't understand, to me he's great!

good, great, fantastico - what more can you say!! :wave

irreplaceable ?  ;D

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2021, 11:53:54 AM »
Haven't visited the forum for a few days, came here and just saw that Crimson was killed first. Shame indeed.

That said, many a true word spoken in jest and to my ears Danny is a world class percussionist but a good drummer.

Hee Hee, agree with you Dusty, Danny is more than a good Percussionist/Drummer......

I never made this distinction, to be honest with you. The fact that Danny primarily plays the percussion doesn't mean that he's strictly a percussionist. I mean he played all the difficult MK songs flawless, played everything that was thrown to him. So how he just "good" I don't understand, to me he's great!

irreplaceable ?  ;D

Not strictly true!

DC was obviously 'absent' for the 2011/12 - Dylan Tours the 2013 'Privateering' tour and the 2015  'Tracker' tour!

but I totally get what you mean!

I guess MK saw the 'error' of his ways and got him back for what may well be the 'last hurrah' which was the DTRW 2019 tour......
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2021, 12:04:19 PM »

irreplaceable ?  ;D

Not strictly true!

DC was obviously 'absent' for the 2011/12 - Dylan Tours the 2013 'Privateering' tour and the 2015  'Tracker' tour!

I guess MK saw the 'error' of his ways and got him back for what may well be the 'last hurrah' which was the DTRW 2019 tour......

The records and tours that I never ever listen to.  :disbelief

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2021, 12:10:33 PM »

irreplaceable ?  ;D

Not strictly true!

Oh dear, personally and arguably 2011 & 2013 were at the height of MK's peak perfomances! 2013 except the Privateering album but the 'Privateering' tour especially was an amazing tour!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2021, 12:21:48 PM »

Oh dear, personally and arguably 2011 & 2013 were at the height of MK's peak perfomances! 2013 except the Privateering album but the 'Privateering' tour especially was an amazing tour!

Depends. Are you are talking about how guitar playing only?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2021, 12:28:36 PM »

With regards MK on those particular tours - he was fresh and playing/singing amazingly well and there was a good feeling whenever anyone saw the band LIVE.
I'm biased but 2013 we had two amazing evenings at the RAH - First night, 2nd row centre and the Second night 1st row centre right in front of 'the master' and that 'blew my mind' - He was on very fine form indeed!!!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2021, 01:41:34 PM »
My favourite tour is Get Lucky in 2010 when Danny was drumming.  I was at Dublin, Manchester, Brighton & Bournemouth and every one of the concerts were great!  The 2013 concerts were excellent, too, of course, but Ianto was on drums, which is fine!   I was there at the RAH first and second nights too, KF.   First night first row, second night second row.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2021, 01:54:02 PM »
My favourite tour is Get Lucky in 2010 when Danny was drumming.  I was at Dublin, Manchester, Brighton & Bournemouth and every one of the concerts were great!  The 2013 concerts were excellent, too, of course, but Ianto was on drums, which is fine!   I was there at the RAH first and second nights too, KF.   First night first row, second night second row.

Haha, it was the show at Bournemouth in 2010 I met your good selves for the first time. I remember you had rubbish seats that particular night as you were sat completely to the left! we had 2nd row centre tickets that night and we were sat behind Mr Pottel, Ingrid etc...That's when I joined this forum incidentally!!

I remember with fondness the RAH shows in 2013 especially being so close to 'The Master' both nights and remember how we literally swapped rows with each other each night!! - good times......

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »
but Ianto was on drums, which is fine! 

Very good indeed!!

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2021, 02:26:32 PM »

With regards MK on those particular tours - he was fresh and playing/singing amazingly well and there was a good feeling whenever anyone saw the band LIVE.
I'm biased but 2013 we had two amazing evenings at the RAH - First night, 2nd row centre and the Second night 1st row centre right in front of 'the master' and that 'blew my mind' - He was on very fine form indeed!!!

Well, of course MK is the songwriter, singer and guitar player that we know. Without him, we wouldn't be here chatting and debating.

BUT, having said that, I've always considered him as a WHOLE, if not a band, whether DS or solo. Then it's all a matter of taste but for me MK -- and band -- has never sounded better than a few years ago. After that, not quite my taste for various reasons. But once again, it is subjective and I perfectly understand that one may not agree.

I still enjoy his music because MK will always be MK but for me it's not the same anymore.

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2021, 08:38:54 AM »
Kill To Get Crimson is my favorite MK album... does that make me a bad person?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2021, 08:39:50 AM »
Kill To Get Crimson is my favorite MK album... does that make me a bad person?

Nope not one bit - it means you have taste!!! (KTGC is my 3rd Fave) :wave

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2021, 12:01:08 PM »

Haha, it was the show at Bournemouth in 2010 I met your good selves for the first time. I remember you had rubbish seats that particular night as you were sat completely to the left! we had 2nd row centre tickets that night and we were sat behind Mr Pottel, Ingrid etc...That's when I joined this forum incidentally!!

I remember with fondness the RAH shows in 2013 especially being so close to 'The Master' both nights and remember how we literally swapped rows with each other each night!! - good times......

1st night was a very well played show indeed.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2021, 12:13:15 PM »
I think I was in the front row first night, my memory is going!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »
I think I was in the front row first night, my memory is going!

Hahaha!! We had first row centre 2nd night@!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 33 queries.