Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #17:2010.04.27, Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, MI - Spoiler maybe  (Read 9716 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Rest day is over, now rolling on...

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Oh dear!   According to Isaac's blog today, Mark has hurt his left leg and spent the whole of the concert seated!    I wish him well and hope it gets better soon.   Apparently he played just as good as ever though!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
And since he didn't manage to get back to the chair in time for the outro solo of Romeo, he played it standing, but away from his volume pedal :o that he uses extensively during that solo. He then had to use the volume knob of his guitar instead for the volume swells! Would be interesting to hear a recording of that. Wonder if we are able to hear some difference.

He also apologized to the crowd for not doing the regular jumps over the monitors :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Donegans was played, according Jeroen
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Donegans was played, according Jeroen
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
What a show last night!!!!! I was able to get an audio of the whole show but had to return the borrowed recorder right after the show so I don't yet know how it turned out. This show was the last of three for me, and what a pleasure it was to be in my hometown. Yes, Mark played virtually the entire show sitting down. This made for some slightly different and more energetic solos than usual. What a hoot!!! I won't have the audio ready to share until probably Sunday. I haven't heard it myself yet. I will get the file back on Saturday. My buddy said he listened to a couple of clips and said that it turned out pretty decent with a little bit of echo to the voice. Ill post it on this forum once I chop it up into songs. I also have around 300 photos from my trip of MK and will post a link once I trim them down and get them into an online album.

SET LIST SPOILER ALERT

Border Reiver
What It Is
Sailing To Philadelphia
Coyote
Prairie Wedding
Hill's Farmer Blues
Romeo & Juliet
Sultans of Swing
Donegan's Gone
Get Lucky
Marbletown
Speedway at Nazareth
Telegraph Road

Brothers In Arms
So Far Away
Piper to the End

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Thank you buddy, that
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Hmm, that's nice! I'm glad Piper to the end is still in the setlist. I really hope it makes the european tour as well... ;D

Rollergirl

love this pic, the tall one and the short one  ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Yes, nice picture indeed  :) And Richard's beard always reminds me of a West Highland Terrier ;D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Concert #17:2010.04.27, Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, MI - Spoiler maybe
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:39:35 PM »
hey diremark, thanks for that info, and for taping! did you also tape the two other shows you went to?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
And it is one of the few pictures (until now) in Guy's 2010 diary where you can see Glen Worf! As if he got as shy as Mark... I already wondered if we
will ever see the Mighty Worf at Guy's site again...

LE

Offlinegbobmi

• Camerado
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 12:01:21 AM »
I was at the Ann Arbor show, too! I didn't see you, diremark, but then, I don't know what you look like! I did meet Jeroen, after the guy sitting next to me mentioned that the guy in front of him (Jeroen) was from Europe and he was attending all the American shows. I knew he had to be a forum member (to be that crazy), so I tapped him on the shoulder and introduced myself. Our very own Jeroen! What a pleasure to meet him...

As diremark said, MK was seated for the entire gig, except for a few painful looking attempts to move around. I thought the lighting was spectacular and the sound was terrific. The crowd was enthusiastic and very responsive. I resisted the urge to shout "We love you Mark!" during the quieter moments, although I did hoot and holler with the crowd. Far be it from me to overreact to Mark's presence. I avoided all pre-show spoilers so that I would be surprised at the setlist. My patience was rewarded, time and time again. Highlight of the evening? A scathing version of Speedway, played loud and with verve. I loved it! Mark gave the thumbs up at the reference to Belle Isle in Detroit, a gesture which did not go unnoticed by the crowd. Diremark already gave you the setlist and every song sounded fantastic to me, so I won't go over each one individually. It was a wonderful evening, from the second row, center stage! I wish I'd had my camera with me!!!
arse ;D

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »
I also like the picture of Glenn and Richard very much! Thank you for sharing Rollergirl!

Thank you Diremark and Gbobmi for the review! What a pity that you didn't meet each other, BUT Gbobmi it is great what you were able to meet Jeroen!  ;D I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time at the concert and that you enjoyed all the songs! Yeahhh it sure is a pity that you didn't take your camera with you, but lucky Diremark made a few (LOL)  pictures!  ;) I am looking forward to watch them!

Fieneke

If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 02:03:45 AM »
I feel so bad when I learned that Mark was in pain and had to sit down to play.  I really am very concerned with his strenuous schedule playing night after night.  Standing up, holding those heavy guitars, and sings for 2 hrs.  That I feel is wayyyyyyyy too much for him.  I can't bear to see anything happening to him. :'(

Now, I think will be a good time for all our ladies in this forum to give Mark his well deserved massage thearapy and pampered him to a point where he feels so good and ready to rock again. 

What do you say, Fieneke?  Any ideas to revive Mark ?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 42 queries.