Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #22:2010.05.02, Warner Theater, Washington, DC - Spoiler maybe  (Read 12370 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Nice review! Although I also must say that I feel sorry for these very bad circumstances on what could be his last tour, I must admit I really feel that I would like to see the band on stage, toasting to the audience and talking to each other than the usual "lights-out-and-clapping-for-five-minutes-until-they-come-out-again"-thing! Wouldn't it be nice to have this on the rest of the tour also!

LE

"On what could be his last tour"? Don't say such a thing, you scare me  :'( :'(

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Nice review! Although I also must say that I feel sorry for these very bad circumstances on what could be his last tour, I must admit I really feel that I would like to see the band on stage, toasting to the audience and talking to each other than the usual "lights-out-and-clapping-for-five-minutes-until-they-come-out-again"-thing! Wouldn't it be nice to have this on the rest of the tour also!

LE

"On what could be his last tour"? Don't say such a thing, you scare me  :'( :'(

Guy said that they will do another tour a while back right? I don't think this is the last tour... If his leg recover soon :-\
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
A lot of artists might have cancelled the tour dates.    What he 's doing, sticking with it, is really admirable.   I hope that he has time to rest and get some physical therapy before the European leg. 
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Love Expresso

No, no, not stated anywhere that this is his last one. But hey, he is 60, you never know... I hope the best of course and wish him a "long and proper life"
he he, but when there is a discontinuation in his 2-years-album-release-plan than time goes by and...  ???

See ya all in 2012... ;D

LE

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Three nice pics from this show:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/8852215@N02/sets/72157623987124132/

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
First one is real nice  :D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
A lot of artists might have cancelled the tour dates.    What he 's doing, sticking with it, is really admirable.   I hope that he has time to rest and get some physical therapy before the European leg. 

Yes, he needs some r&r before the European leg because he's not on any leg at the moment! :lol :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Thanks for posting the link to the photos, Allen.  I didn't take any because it stresses me out when I bring my camera to the concert.  I know there are always great photos taken by others that I can enjoy.  I hope MK spent yesterday resting up for this final week of the U.S. tour. 
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Now 8 pics uploaded altogether.  Enjoy.  I love them very much.

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Now 8 pics uploaded altogether.  Enjoy.  I love them very much.

Wishes
Allen

Wow, great pictures! For some weird reason I like the one with MK fumbling on his in-ear thingie  ;D

Onlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Just listened to the whole of this concert and imo it is the best, so far!  Thoroughly enjoyable.   :D    I had heard that MK was pretty tired, but he sounded as good as ever!   :)

After all the talk about setlists, I think this is almost perfect, but I wonder what we have in store for us in Europe, maybe something even better, we will know soon!   :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:04:54 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Just listened to the whole of this concert and imo it is the best, so far!  Thoroughly enjoyable.   :D    I had heard that MK was pretty tired, but he sounded as good as ever!   :)

After all the talk about setlists, I think this is almost perfect, but I wonder what we have in store for us in Europe, maybe something even better, we will know soon!   :P

Val, is the Warner Theater concert available for download somewhere?  I didn't see it listed in the 'Recordings' thread.  That's really the only place I look. ???  I'd love to have this one.

Thanks, Joan

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I've just listened to selected bits of it too and usually one can tell they sound tired after a run of shows but this one is great.  I agree with you SV and Speedway especially is stunning on this recording. :P
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
And SV is? (Sorry about this, but please! ;))

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado

Val, is the Warner Theater concert available for download somewhere?  I didn't see it listed in the 'Recordings' thread.  That's really the only place I look. ???  I'd love to have this one.

Thanks, Joan

Never mind -- I see it's on Dime and the Tracker -- Downloading now ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 40 queries.