Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #22:2010.05.02, Warner Theater, Washington, DC - Spoiler maybe  (Read 11991 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Rolling on...
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
No change in the setlist, so still donegan's gone instead of of bonaparte. I guess the setlist is set for the rest of the north american tour now
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Guy about the bandline-up change in Europa:

I see no problems, the band will have a different line-up and there will be some set changes but as you well know, I don't go into all that.

No :'( Don't drop Border Reiver/Piper To The End.... I'm afraid they will do... :-\
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Guy about the bandline-up change in Europa:

I see no problems, the band will have a different line-up and there will be some set changes but as you well know, I don't go into all that.

No :'( Don't drop Border Reiver/Piper To The End.... I'm afraid they will do... :-\

I agree. That would be horrible! Especially because Border Reiver is THE perfect opening song.

OfflineHolger_MK

• Local Hero
I can

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
It would be absolutely unthinkable, not to say unforgiveable, if Border Reiver was not played with John McCusker in the band.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Ah yes! Then we have a chance to hear SFSL again!!! YESSSSSSSS.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
And SFSL is?  ??? ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Song For Sonny Liston!    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

I thought also that Border Reiver is a perfect opener. But after I heard some versions I must say they give it away really. Mark is twiddling a little bit here
and there, you wait for an extended solo playing-out, but it doesn't happen. The intro sounds very much like synth samples are involved, as the whole song
is pretty much reproducing the album version. Very disappointing for me. I like the song, but would have expected some worked-on version. So they
can change it in my opinion.  ;)

LE

OfflineTally

• Camerado
I think that the part where the intro goes into the minor chord before the theme kicks off, where the bass is prominent, should be expanded. It sounds like a nice place for some guitar licks and a chance to build suspense.

Offlinelfblaauw

• Camerado

Well. when I have to choose between one of the Local Hero-tunes or Piper To The End as the last song, I would choose Local Hero (Wild Theme or Going Home).  Without it, a DS/MK-concert isn't complete.  Piper To The End is a nice song, but put it in the 'main' set and not as an encore.

Lars B.

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
I drove 3 hours yesterday to meet my friend, Lynn, in Wash. DC to see this concert last night.  I forgot what an amazing experience it is to see him in person.  Two hours of sheer bliss.  We were in the 6th row center -- fantastic view of the whole stage.

He came on stage being supported by Tim O'Brien and sort of hopping on his good leg.  It was obviously painful to him to put weight on his left leg.  I was heart broken to see him in so much pain knowing he had a two hour concert ahead of him.  It couldn't have been easy to sit on a hard stool and play for that long.

To look at him playing throughout the concert, I couldn't tell if he was in pain.  He probably was but he didn't show it.  He made a crack about "sorry I'm not kicking up my heels, as usual" but "I pinched something".

During the show, he said "I don't know if it's from the medication I'm on, but my fingers feel like they have super glue on them".

The set list was exactly the same as the night before.  I have never heard such perfect sound and, as usual, MK did not disappoint.  I thought the concert had a great energy, and the guys seemed to be having a blast.  There was plenty of interaction among them with Mark smiling quite a bit, especially during the second half of the concert.

There was no finger of death, thank goodness.

I loved hearing the new songs from Get Lucky, and thought Coyote and Prairie Wedding were fantastic.  He got the biggest applause from the DS songs though.  I'm not at all tired of hearing TR or SOS -- they were amazing.  Every song was amazing.  These guys are just a joy to watch and listen to.  Such talent! 

Cups of refreshments were brought out to them on a tray before the encore.  All the lights went on and bright lights were shining on the audience.  The band all came to the front of the stage and toasted the audience. 

After the encore, Danny came over to MK and supported him so he could hobble off the stage.  I don't know how he is able to perform the way he did under the circumstances.  I hope he gets better soon so he can enjoy this tour experience more.

I'm still floating from the moving experience.  How lucky we are that he still writes, records & performs.  As Guy said, he really is a "trooper" .... no doubt about that!!!! :-*

It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thank you Joanzimm for your review.  I'm so pleased for you that you enjoyed the concert.  Maybe a recording will turn up eventually.  I hope so, then we can all hear what seems to have been a very good gig.  I keep thinking of Mark and feel so sorry for him, especially as he is away from home.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

Nice review! Although I also must say that I feel sorry for these very bad circumstances on what could be his last tour, I must admit I really feel that I would like to see the band on stage, toasting to the audience and talking to each other than the usual "lights-out-and-clapping-for-five-minutes-until-they-come-out-again"-thing! Wouldn't it be nice to have this on the rest of the tour also!

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 40 queries.