Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #29:2010.05.19, The O2, Dublin, Ireland - Spoiler  (Read 37737 times)

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Re: Concert #29:2010.05.19, The O2, Dublin, Ireland
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
mmm, i guess  ".DE"
lol

??? I  don't get it

.de is usually the url addition for Germany (Deutschland). Hagelwurst - Curryslag is a combination of things: Hagelslag (small pieces of chocolate meant to eat on bread, famous in The Netherlands) and Currywurst. Well, Currywurst ladies and gentlement, that is a culinair piece of perfection I can't describe with 1000 words! ;D

Rollergirl

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »
and?

Love Expresso

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 07:38:32 AM »
It is all about that new member that posted a first post here with the nickname Hagelwurst Curryslag... Hope you understand it now?? ::) :-*

LE

OfflineHagelwurst_Curryslag

• Guitar George
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 03:43:38 PM »
OK, where to begin? :)
I'm already sorry for this huge off-topic my nickname caused ;)

So, as localhero said correctly: a "Currywurst" is a typical german masterpiece in "kitchen-engineering" - and even a Million words aren't enough to describe it. I think Currywurst is THE reason for a trip to Germany. (not only the Autobahn!)

OK, who am i? I'm from Germany (who would've thought ;) ) and i got my nickname after i met up with Waldo (guess everyone knows him - Mr Bootleg, Mr Digger) for doing some trading the special way: he gave me gazillions of Hagelslag-packages and in exchange i gave him some Currywurst-packages - unfortunately not the real ones, only some fast-food-microwave oven-ones.
This hagelslag-currywurst-thing is some kind of running gag between me and Waldo.
OK, think it's enough now. We're here to discuss the 2010 version of Portobello Belle  ;D
Wer andern eine Bratwurst br

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
Hi!

Welcome at the best MK forum (of course) and thank you very much for clearing this VERY important thing up!  :lol Have a good time around, good to see new members here!

All the best

LE

Rollergirl

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 10:22:17 PM »
Hi, there,

I think you really HAVE to explain your nick name!  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol if you don't mind! And welcome btw! Where are you from? Germany/Netherlands?
Just curious...

LE

I had missed that post! So when Pottel said DE I thought he was replying to the fact that they should play rudiger in germany and portobello belle in Ireland and Bonaparte in france. You see why I was confused?

Anyway, welcome here curry-wurst-hagel-thing (I hope you don't mind people misspelling your nick  ;D)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »
So, as localhero said correctly: a "Currywurst" is a typical german masterpiece in "kitchen-engineering" - and even a Million words aren't enough to describe it. I think Currywurst is THE reason for a trip to Germany. (not only the Autobahn!)
Currywurst is the reason and not the beer  ;)
Currywurst is chemical free  ::)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
  ;D  :lol  :lol ;D Good one tunnel

• Guitar George
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
Why isn't anyone live-streaming the concert?? I'm terribly curious if they play Portobello Belle ;)

So, please let us know the setlist asap!!!

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 09:04:27 PM »
Currywurst is chemical free  ::)

I wouldn't be so sure  :-X  ;D

You just reminded me of that old Herbert Gr

• Guitar George
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »
Haha! Great, goldenheart!! Nice to hear it again.

But i think we should keep on discussing about the Dublin concert here :)
What will people think if they want to read all about the Dublin gig and all they find is Currywurst? :D by the way.....is the Pommesbude around the corner still open? I'll take a look ;)

Offlinezigner

• Guitar George
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 09:46:57 PM »
I'm terribly curious if they play Portobello Belle ;)

I have to ask after reading posts like this and those similar.   I assume you are a long time fan and are familiar with MKs set list staticness throughout his tours.  How/why do you believe he will pick this song to add to the setlist tonight?  It amazes me to no end all the speculation like this (not just from you) when in the past, between continents he has maybe changed 1-2 songs on the setlist.  And of all songs, you pick this one, which I believe has never been played on tour?

I just don't understand the thinking.  If this was Bruce Springsteen okay fine, any song could be played at any show, but this for MK?  In my opinion, you have the same chance of hearing I Saw Her Standing There, as Portobello  Belle.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »

I have to ask after reading posts like this and those similar.   I assume you are a long time fan and are familiar with MKs set list staticness throughout his tours.  How/why do you believe he will pick this song to add to the setlist tonight?  It amazes me to no end all the speculation like this (not just from you) when in the past, between continents he has maybe changed 1-2 songs on the setlist.  And of all songs, you pick this one, which I believe has never been played on tour?

I just don't understand the thinking.  If this was Bruce Springsteen okay fine, any song could be played at any show, but this for MK?  In my opinion, you have the same chance of hearing I Saw Her Standing There, as Portobello  Belle.

You never know..
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »

I have to ask after reading posts like this and those similar.   I assume you are a long time fan and are familiar with MKs set list staticness throughout his tours.  How/why do you believe he will pick this song to add to the setlist tonight?  It amazes me to no end all the speculation like this (not just from you) when in the past, between continents he has maybe changed 1-2 songs on the setlist.  And of all songs, you pick this one, which I believe has never been played on tour?

I just don't understand the thinking.  If this was Bruce Springsteen okay fine, any song could be played at any show, but this for MK?  In my opinion, you have the same chance of hearing I Saw Her Standing There, as Portobello  Belle.

i suppose you mean "on THIS tour" but if you mean "any tour" you are wrong of course.
well, if one song would pop up in Dublin, i would also imagine Portobello Belle, it is kinda "irish" innit?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief
Just received a SHOCKING SMS from my friend Caimin in Dublin at the O2... here it is....

"!!!!!! TOL played just aft BR. MK said 18y overdue. sound great, audience hysterical"

Can't believe it....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 46 queries.