Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #32:2010.05.22, Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, England - Spoiler  (Read 15915 times)

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Hope there's a recording it was some gig.

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
Yeah it's good to see Why Aye Man back this song is a must! Too bad about What it is though! And to hell with Bonaparte, I don't know why Mark isn't bored of this song,Unless he changed something to make it sound different or even better like Donegan's Gone otherwise there is no point, really ...

Offlineniiiice1

• Guitar George
No doubt that MK didn't want to let the Geordies down - and, as usual, he delivered. As he said before Going Home: "I've just GOT to play this here"...

Strong performance - possibly the best that I've seen. Simon's right too - the band were fantastic, a really tightly-knit performance.

The sound was fine, and the venue wasn't too much of a problem for me in the end. Don't know how it would have sounded at the back though...?

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Plus, Going Home played with a flute/whistle just made it that little bit different to the Glasgow show the night before which sounded more 'caledonian'  :) And it was one of the nicest pieces MK has played of the 'acoustic' version too. he was literally note perfect on it.

Danny was as good if not better than ever and it was a sight to see very often, 4 strummed instruments playing simultaneously. The whole show must have taken some arranging - there is no way it was a set of rehearsals and that is it - each played their own important part and it showed how versatile they all are as musicians.

The sounds was excellent for this venue although I was only 6 rows from the stage and fairly central.

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
Based on the youtube video from the glasgow gig ,I think they played Wild Theme and not Going Home ,they are quite similar. Phil is an amazing musician he adds a lot to this tune ,I would love to have some recordings from these.

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Nice setlist! Actually, I'm glad bonaparte is back! ;D Go ahead, shoot me! :lol

Offlineniiiice1

• Guitar George
Pity What It Is didn't get an airing though. And even though we would all know it wouldn't happen, there was still this tiny part of me that said that Tunnel of Love was going to come back. I can dream though...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Long live Bonaparte !! shoot me too ! :)
WII is a great song, but unlike WAM it does not really work well live; I would love to have both, but if I have to pick one I would choose WAM. Check out the 2002 charity concert video, with Jimmy Nail and Chris White on sax - full of energy, and at least there is one official video of it (even if it is not on DVD/BR)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Pity What It Is didn't get an airing though. And even though we would all know it wouldn't happen, there was still this tiny part of me that said that Tunnel of Love was going to come back. I can dream though...

+1. See my stupid miskate when I was fooled into believing that TOL was back in Dublin. See my threat about a MK movie as well... I think MK does not want to play it anymore because 1) it was his dad's favourite and 2) it is very phyiscally demanding and he would get out of breath. Now I think that 1) 17 years of grief may be enough and wherever he is, Mark's dad would certainly not be angry at his son for playing his fav song again, and 2)there is certainly a way to slow the song down a bit (like was done for TR, SoS or WOL) for him to be able to do it, but, who am I to say ??? I guess we have to be satisfied with the great remixed Alchemy version. Love it, prefer 91/92 version but no soundboard versions exist to my knowledge... Sarting 1985 TOL was enhanced with backing vocals of all members, not just Mark, singing "Tunnel of Looooove..." and with a nice piano break + band introductions. Not on Alchemy. Too bad.

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
Please man ,don't mention TOL again ,You got me pretty badly that night. Even though I knew something like that would never happen, still I wanted to believe he played it even if it was for only 20 minutes.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Please accept my apologies again... never wanted to hurt. Got pretty hurt myself actually...

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
Well actually I wanted to say thanks as you can't imagine how I felt for those minutes.I kept thinking how would TOL sound with Mark's voice at this age, Goosebumps,simply perfect I was on fire really.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Considering the millions made from merchandising on the back of the Get Lucky album and the Get Lucky tour - it would seem odd for anyone not to play a fair proportion of songs from their latest album which the tour is supposedly promoting.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
which pink floyd always used to do as well, even played the whole dark side of the moon before it even got released, or half the animals album.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Considering the millions made from merchandising on the back of the Get Lucky album and the Get Lucky tour - it would seem odd for anyone not to play a fair proportion of songs from their latest album which the tour is supposedly promoting.

The thing is though that the album was released a while ago now so most people already have it.  When the OES tour started, for example the album hadn't yet been released and on that tour they played quite a lot of new songs helping to promote it.  In short, I don't think he tours now specifically to promote an album but solely because he enjoys touring.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 38 queries.