Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 157689 times)

Onlinekoobaa

• Camerado
I know about past shows. I meant the future shows - it looks like at the moment I'm not even able to preorder anything because the "concert cannot be purchased in your country". I remember Passalong gigs were not available to purchase in some countries, so I hope this will not be an issue again.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
I know about past shows. I meant the future shows - it looks like at the moment I'm not even able to preorder anything because the "concert cannot be purchased in your country". I remember Passalong gigs were not available to purchase in some countries, so I hope this will not be an issue again.

Great point.  Being on a Mac I couldn't get the passalong recordings either.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Great news indeed BUT... I just clicked on one of the future concerts to see the details and I can see one dissapointing message there: "Sorry, but this concert cannot be purchased in your country"

Are we going to have the same story as with Passalong concerts?  :-[
One could hope that this will not happen again. Hope this is too soon to be dissapointed and they will resolve this issue.
Which country to you live in ? I'm in France, I did not go through the full process but I've been up to the form to enter my credit card number with no problem. "Country" was automatically set to France, and the choose box seems to have a preferred country list (UK, Germany, France, US, Canada, and a few others) but also below, a list of all countries in the world, starting with Afghanistan, so I would imagine they are available through the world ??

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
These are MP3 so will play on a MAC.

Most silly if they aren't available everywhere, let's wait and see. Kooba, what happens if you try to download some of the stuff that's already up there, like Elton John or Kiss?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineboboDS

• Camerado
  • Alchemy DVD!
It seems it is going to work for me. And if it works in my country, it has to work at least on Mars also.
It's hot in the desert
But I'm cool in the zone
People call me lucky
But I say you make your own

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
It's a bit curious that no announcement have been done yet on www.markknopler.com or MK News?
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Love Expresso

No, a guy outside that venue handed out flyers... I was going to throw it away but when i read it I made a jump in the air - literally spoken!

Too tired at the moment for any review, will all be seen available - if anybody is interested...

LE

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
It's a bit curious that no announcement have been done yet on www.markknopler.com or MK News?

They are just slow!  ;D

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
This is wonderful news!

Thank you so much, Mark!  ;D
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer

This is where you hear the good stuff first :o :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Love Expresso

So the ad says "all shows will be available at the venues as a usb flash"  ... What does that mean? Is the very evening already on sale after the show?
Or are all other recent shows then available? Must be too tired to understand all that correctly....

LE

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
25 Euros!!!  :o Is this normal ????

Can we have a thread advising which is the VERY best concert pls ?  :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Onlinekoobaa

• Camerado
These are MP3 so will play on a MAC.

Most silly if they aren't available everywhere, let's wait and see. Kooba, what happens if you try to download some of the stuff that's already up there, like Elton John or Kiss?
OK, I just checked if I can purchase other artists and it looks good. No probs. But I went back to MK and when entered any future date I still couldn't add it to my cart  :-\. BTW, at the moment the only option available is USB. I'm sure this will improve tho. It would be ridiculous if I couldn't access only MK's gigs.
The price on this side of the pond is $38.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
I assume it's canadian $.
In swiss $, it's also 38.  ;)

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
About Music Networx:

Music Networx specialize in live recordings and developing innovative ways to produce, showcase and market live music. As the operator of the simfy live music portal, Music Networx provides artists, record labels and rights holders with new sales channels and markets to exploit their music.

Over the past five years, CD sales have been on the decline.  Recording artists are compensating for lost sales revenues by increasing their live performance activities.

The concert market is booming.  In 2007 concert revenues outsold CD sales for the first time.  Interestingly, the commercial market for professional live recordings continues to be very niche.  Gerrit Schumann and George Bergheim saw a gap in the market and enormous potential when they founded Music Networx AG in 2006.

Music Networx specialize in live recordings and develops and implements innovative ways to produce showcase and market live music, as the operator of the simfyLive music portal, Music Networx provides artists, record labels and rights holders with new sales channels and markets to exploit their music.

simfy live has over 200,000 registered users and offers downloads of more than 1000 concert recordings produced in-house to an average of 250,000 new visitors to their website each month.

The main simfy live catalogue comprises 250 licensed concert films, music documentaries and video compilations available in all the popular music file formats.  Music Networx has started up a UK division out of London since May 2009

The live concert recordings are produced on multitrack recorders featuring signal input directly from each individual instrument and microphone on stage.  A qualified team of sound engineers mix the live recordings on site in a mobile studio and then convert the songs into high quality MP3 files (320 kbit/s).

Before the encores begin, the mixed recordings are copied on to USB concert sticks using state-of-the-art duplicators.  This ensures that all fans can obtain live recordings immediately after each concert at simfyLive booths without long waiting times.

The USB concert sticks are packaged in specially designed collector

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 40 queries.