Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #41:2010.06.02, Royal Albert Hall, London, England  (Read 11757 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Concert #41:2010.06.02, Royal Albert Hall, London, England
« on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:17 AM »
Rolling on ...
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Concert #41:2010.06.02, Royal Albert Hall, London, England
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:04:14 AM »
We are on the way up today from an overcast Dorset soon, gonna take in the Natural History museum before the concert... see everyone there..
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:26 PM »
will be in the stanhope arms at Gloucester road tube station sometime between  and
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 11:42:48 PM »
According to Pottel, the setlist was:

Border reiver
What it is
Sailing
Coyote
Prairie
Hfb
Romeo
Sos
Bonaparte
Monteleone
Marble
Speedway
Telegraph
Brothers
Sfa
Piper

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 12:47:18 AM »
yep.
one question to anyone who was there though.
who was the "person" (not sure if male or female, as i stood at the complete other side of the stage) that mark went to and shook hands with, and laughed with??
great sultans again tonight, he plazed some of the parts towards the end COMPLETELY differently.
some drunk kept shouting slightly to my left, "yeah son" "i'm a geordie" "show them son" yeaaaahhhhaaaa"" and so on....
i guess there's one in every crowd....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 10:58:59 AM »
yep.
who was the "person" (not sure if male or female, as i stood at the complete other side of the stage) that mark went to and shook hands with, and laughed with??
great sultans again tonight, he plazed some of the parts towards the end COMPLETELY differently.
some drunk kept shouting slightly to my left, "yeah son" "i'm a geordie" "show them son" yeaaaahhhhaaaa"" and so on....

Hello Pottel,

Just missed seeing you as when ever I went to say hello you moved off to see someone else! and I didn't want to disturb you when you were meeting Guy.
I was after all just in front of you last night. Oh well there will be another time I'm sure. I was sat next to the chap who is doing all the shows!!

Not sure who the lady was who Mark shook hands with but he seemed pleased to see her, so did Danny too. The guy who kept shouting out got very annoying the same as the chap behind us trying to sing each song word for word without much success! He also gave a running commentary to his 'friend' what song was coming next!!

Besides those 'minor' interuptions I and my wife thought that was the best MK has played for a while giving his back problem which you can sense is slowly getting better.

'Marbletown' oh what a treat!!!

Some piccies from last night's 'Mind blowing' concert...

http://markknopflerimages.fotopic.net/c1856356.html

x

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 11:06:39 AM »
Many thanks Marky49 and also Knopflerfan for the pictures - much appreciated!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »
Thanks, a bit more difficult from Stalls (need to change settings of camera a lot) also due to bigger distance, but my amateur camera still does the job. Although I would love to bring my Nikon D3 with me...but professional equipment is not allowed :-\

Love Expresso

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »
On sunday, nobody controlled me. I could have brought in anything into the Hall...  ::)

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »
According to Isaac's blog, Concert #41 had members of the band's families in the RAH in the first rows, so perhaps the lady MK shook hands with was connected to a member of the band!      Isaac was on row #7 instead of row #1 for the first time - perhaps for this reason!  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:16:55 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 07:36:24 PM »
According to Isaac's blog, Concert #41 had members of the band's families in the RAH in the first rows, so perhaps the lady MK shook hands with was connected to a member of the band!      Isaac was on row #7 instead of row #1 for the first time - perhaps for this reason!  :)

I guess Isaac is the guy I spoke to last night as he was sat next to me!! He is doing all the shows of the tour?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »

I guess Isaac is the guy I spoke to last night as he was sat next to me!! He is doing all the shows of the tour?

Yes, It's Isaac, who's doing all of the shows!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 02:20:35 AM »
yep.

Hello Pottel,

Just missed seeing you as when ever I went to say hello you moved off to see someone else! and I didn't want to disturb you when you were meeting Guy.
I was after all just in front of you last night. Oh well there will be another time I'm sure. I was sat next to the chap who is doing all the shows!!

Not sure who the lady was who Mark shook hands with but he seemed pleased to see her, so did Danny too. The guy who kept shouting out got very annoying the same as the chap behind us trying to sing each song word for word without much success! He also gave a running commentary to his 'friend' what song was coming next!!

Besides those 'minor' interuptions I and my wife thought that was the best MK has played for a while giving his back problem which you can sense is slowly getting better.

'Marbletown' oh what a treat!!!

Some piccies from last night's 'Mind blowing' concert...

http://markknopflerimages.fotopic.net/c1856356.html

x
ooh, too bad we did not meet, somehow did not notice that.
when we were seeing guy, where did you stand then??
what did you wear, look like?

will you do any other shows??
also, for the jealous ones, isaac and jeroen had row 13 tonight, satisfied?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 08:06:32 AM »
Pottel,

I met you at Bournemouth, being sat right behind you at the show!! and we exchanged email addresses with each other and you also told me about joining this forum!!

I was stood by door 1 waiting to get MK.COM tickets on Wednesday evening, I happened to glance round and saw you were with Guy chatting... I had my 'Get Lucky' black T-shirt on and had a blue rucksack stood first in the queue for the pre-ordered tickets...

I'm afraid thats it for me/us now regarding shows until the next time...
We were sat in row 7 that night next to Isaac!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:09:17 AM by knopflerfan »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 38 queries.