Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Exciting Mark Knopfler Competition- Win a 1 on 1 tutorial with Mark!  (Read 6783 times)

OfflinePureSolo

• Guitar George
Hi guys,

My name

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
Re: Exciting Mark Knopfler Competition- Win a 1 on 1 tutorial with Mark!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:55:30 PM »
Holy Crap! Sounds like a dream....!
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinetobi777

• Local Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:01:18 PM »
Interesting business model - you have to pay for the backing track (2,49 Euro). If 1000 people do this the costs for flight (economy!) and hotel are more than compensated. I'd like to know how much Mark actually claims for this lesson... btw: how long will this lesson be?

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:26:45 PM »
Huh, cool thing... I'd already be happy if I could manage to play a proper RHYTHM guitar on Sultans  ;D

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »
Huh, cool thing... I'd already be happy if I could manage to play a proper RHYTHM guitar on Sultans  ;D

Same for me... oh well maybe i should try they'd pay to stop !!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:22:49 AM »
I'm totally ecstatic about the news.  It's almost like a dream for guitarists.  One question :  is there  age  limitation to enter this contest ?  I've talked incessantly tonight to convince my  12 year-old son to enter the contest.  He's a heck of a guitar player.   I think he'll give it a try.  How many entries are allowed? 

Thanks,

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 11:19:04 AM »
I'm totally ecstatic about the news.  It's almost like a dream for guitarists.  One question :  is there  age  limitation to enter this contest ?  I've talked incessantly tonight to convince my  12 year-old son to enter the contest.  He's a heck of a guitar player.   I think he'll give it a try.  How many entries are allowed? 

Thanks,

Afraid the rules state that entrants must be over 16 years of age and the competition winners will have to produce proof of their age http://www.puresolo.com/mk
This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflinePureSolo

• Guitar George
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
Hey guys!

In regards to your questions about the competition:
-The mentoring session will last a day (exactly how long that is has not been confirmed yet)
-As was mentioned, the age limit is 16
-Entrants can submit multiple competition entries of eligible tracks but, in the case of multiple versions of the same song being entered, votes cannot be combined or transferred from one entry to another and in the case of multiple entries the highest scoring entry will be the designated entry. An excessive level of multiple entries may lead to disqualification if the organisers deem it necessary in their sole discretion.

Cheers!

Love Expresso

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 01:12:52 PM »
One day? Never!!

One hour the most! Mark is very exclusive with this stuff. Maybe one day at British Grove itself, but I do not think MK will show up the whole day!

LE

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 02:25:55 PM »
Even 5 minutes is worth a try :) It'll be a tough one.. I suspect thousands of entries. For me, as a guitarist, one on one session with MK is beyond my wildest dreams.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »
I must go for lessons :o :o - I havent a note or hair in or on my head :disbelief :disbelief
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »
Hey guys!

-The mentoring session will last a day (exactly how long that is has not been confirmed yet)
-Entrants can submit multiple competition entries of eligible tracks but, in the case of multiple versions of the same song being entered, votes cannot be combined or transferred from one entry to another and in the case of multiple entries the highest scoring entry will be the designated entry. An excessive level of multiple entries may lead to disqualification if the organisers deem it necessary in their sole discretion.

Cheers!

oh no !!!! >:(  My dream for my son has just crumbled.  Heck, I'm over 16, I'll go get an intensive guitar lessons myself.  Can I learn to play "calling Elvis" in 2 months? ;D  LOL  I'll do anything to get an one on one time with my hero !!!!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »
oh no !!!! >:(  My dream for my son has just crumbled.  Heck, I'm over 16, I'll go get an intensive guitar lessons myself.  Can I learn to play "calling Elvis" in 2 months? ;D  LOL  I'll do anything to get an one on one time with my hero !!!!

I first picked up a guitar in 1993 with the ambition of playing the widdly bit in the middle of Calling Elvis.

Still can't do it properly.  :-\
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 02:29:49 AM »
Looks like no chance for me huh ! :'(  I think I'll cook and give him massage then. :D

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 03:01:30 PM »
Hey guys!

Cheers!

You could always pass off your son's playing as your own. Just brush up on your air guitar skills so you can mime along to his killer licks ;D
This baker's boy from the West Country

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 40 queries.