Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark on tour with Bob Dylan???  (Read 91013 times)

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
Re: Mark on tour with Bob Dylan???
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »
I guess I have to put my house on sale!  ;D

I am a huge fan of Dylan and I listen to his records very often but man he really got old and his voice is completely gone , but it would be very interesting and fun to see how Mark is going to act around him, out of his comfort zone! Plenty of guitar I hope.

Anyway I really hoped the "Big News" was the Montreux DVD or something like that! We all know that the tour can't be enjoyed by all the people in this world! Let's see know...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:34 PM »
hey GennT, try any of his latest shows, i think he does a great performance these days, Dylan in the 80 ies was a far worse voice..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »
Just a funny moment right now: I can
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
Singing old Dylan songs and writing AMIT entries  :disbelief .... WHAT are you exactly working??  :lol :lol

LE
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:59:45 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 03:23:58 PM »
I admit it would be a great feeling to attend a Dylan gig for the first time and also when you have Mark Knopfler performing too I am sure it would be an incredible experience but if you want to hear Blind Willie Mctell for example you need to get used to the fact that it will be quite different to the original song if not completely different (as for the words you won't understand them that much anyway) :

;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »
I agree GennT, his voice is terrible!   :o  Maybe if Blind Willie is played on the tour,  MK will make it sound more like the original version - I hope!  One thing is sure, MK's voice will sound wonderful alongside Dylan's!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Jackal

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
I agree GennT, his voice is terrible!   :o  Maybe if Blind Willie is played on the tour,  MK will make it sound more like the original version - I hope!  One thing is sure, MK's voice will sound wonderful alongside Dylan's!   :)

Even Dylan's voice would sound wonderful alongside Dylan's. Now hang on a minute ...

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »

Even Dylan's voice would sound wonderful alongside Dylan's. Now hang on a minute ...

It's a good thing MK quit smoking or he'd probably sound the same way :o
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Love Expresso

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2011, 05:36:44 PM »
Topic on Dylan forum:

http://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=959390&sid=de32817015adae97ea2bccfb1987e0d8

Hmm Sounds like the Dylan fans are not too keen on sharing with MK!   One note wonder indeed!    :o

Was just going to quote that. Haha. "Could do without the Geordie one note wonder to be honest!!" Lol. The "Geordie one note wonder", that's just too funny.

I read the whole thread now and I must say that I like it much more to be around HERE... Strange kind of humour, but very much traffic on a day like this... it seems there are some Germans, too... But it is right that Mark isn't very popular over there obviously...

I think it's funny that some of them are talking about Mark as a "support act"... If the first posts are right it really seems like Bob's management asked Mark and he then postponed the new album's mixing... and not vice versa.. Maybe the last European tours of Bob weren't that successful anymore and he needs a new attraction to sell some tickets...

LE
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:40:35 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2011, 05:48:44 PM »
Fantastic news, if the rumor is true! I'm a fan of both, but of course there's only one MK. ;) I regard His Bobness as one of the greatest poets ever, and he makes good tunes too, so this is going to be great.

I don't see why MK couldn't handle a different set every night, because it seemed like no problem for him to do that during the promo tours (shorter set, I know, but...). I don't think he is that limited as (too) many of you seem to think. I just think he likes to do things his way, and since he is the boss, he does. But I think he would be perfectly capable of stepping out of what many of you call his comfort zone. The same applies for his guitar playing. I am absolutely certain that he could play fast if he wanted to, but he just doesn't want to.

And I hope they come to Norway, of course. Both are very popular here, and they play here often, so there is a great chance they come. If they will tour at all... :)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
Very weird and arrogant atmosphere over there ...
I guess they don't know who they are talking about.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »
It's a good thing MK quit smoking or he'd probably sound the same way :o
That was a very good move : no more cigarette to hold, he has two extra fingers to play the guitar.
He really improved his technique !  ;D

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
Forum Update by Guy:

Missing the posts of LE and Pottel, but he's ignoring ALL the Dylan posts!

So....

It must be true then right? :P :D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
Hey, this thread has 88 posts now, it MUST be true!

lol

LE

Jackal

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »
Presuming he goes on tour with Uncle Bob as a double header act, I wonder how the setlist would be. A mini version of the setlists of the recent tours wouldn't really make sense and it's kind of too early to promote new material. Perhaps it would "just" be as Dylan's star guitarist with a couple of Mark's own tunes thrown in?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 45 queries.