Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: GUY  (Read 34317 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: GUY
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 09:08:17 PM »
And when a song playing is no more uptempo then the magic word : on this tour XXXX had such a groove on it.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »
Guy is in a good mood today. He answered

Sorry, I cannot answer any questions relating to the recordings...It'll be a surprise

to a question about if Privateering will sound the same on the album than live. Which made me thinking: The great thing about the Mark's shortened set
is that 73 to 75 minutes will perfectly fit onto a CD! A complete live show as a bonus, packed into the new album, and the three new songs all bonus stuff!
That would be great, wouldn't it? However, I WANT a properly recorded studion version of Privateering because I think it is really a MK classic, I like it so much, must have listened to it 20 times or more...

LE

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »
Now someone is complaining that new songs are boring and almost no guitar. Some could say, ett

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »
is that 73 to 75 minutes will perfectly fit onto a CD! A complete live show as a bonus, packed into the new album, and the three new songs all bonus stuff!

Guy already answered to this...unlikely to happen I am afraid  :disbelief
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
I don't know who 'Val' is on Guys forum but his post was pathetic, and I'm glad Guy was clear in NOT agreeing with her/him.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 10:32:10 PM »
I don't know who 'Val' is on Guys forum but his post was pathetic, and I'm glad Guy was clear in NOT agreeing with her/him.
Right on Arabia! But you know what Clint Eastwood says about opinion... ;)  Of course when you try to force your opinion down people's throat it is a different matter altogether. But it must be the great misunderstanding many people has with the internet. But just because you can have immediate communication, doesn't mean it is intimate.
Glad you participate in AMIT, hope you remain active long after the end of this tour.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 10:33:14 PM »
val is a longtime member and valued member here at amit. you must understand her actions as defending the artist she has loved and admired for decades, and his surroundings as well, and she felt the need to "protect" them, pls val correct me if i see this in the wrong light.
i too do not think too much weight needs to be given to this "incident" coz of the various possible explanations, but she has every right to express her opinion, and she also changed "ignorant" to "insulting" in a later statement.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 10:54:47 PM »
My guess is that Guy is already regretting posting it in the Diary in the first place   ;D. Two completely different personas between MK and BD..just look at how Mark treated Pieta Brown during the GL Tour..with a great deal of respect. I'm sure he had already known her father..but he seemed to go out of his way to help her and Bo out during the tour.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »

As someone else has said everyone has their own point of view & having met Val & Mr Val on two occasions you could not meet nicer or friendlier people. I just dont think Bob was her cup of tea & the fact that he never acknowledged MK added to the situation - legend or no legend he could have at least mentioned him or maybe he forgot who payed before him or that anyone did at all :o :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 11:54:36 PM »

I really didn't find pathetic Val's post. She simply expressed her opinion which, from my side, is condivisible (but it's just an opinion). And it's easy to understand that Guy's answer couldn't be different. Ignorant is a strong word but impolite fits perfectly (at least at this occasion) . Let's try to respect other's opinions (even if we disagree).

edit: no more pulpit  ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:19:51 AM by rudiger »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 12:40:35 AM »
i'm sure Arabia is not on a pulpit (what the heck does that mean really??) and that he respects others' opinions. so no need to get this more heated then it needs be.

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 01:14:20 AM »
Maarten, I understand your position of moderator but define "pathetic" a comment just because you disagree is not so "respectuful". Anyway it's not my intention to argue with you or arabia, I've just expressed my disappointment at what I thought was a gratuitous insult. That's all  :)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 01:19:54 AM »
you get me wrong rudiger. i just think this discussion has gotten enough attention as it is, and my comment was also not in your direction but to the members in general.
EVERYONE has the right for their opinion, in my eyes.

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 01:29:08 AM »
you are right.  Let's come back to "Nottingham"  ;)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 01:33:41 AM »
it is online!!!
am at 20%
and the same guy also recorded the dylan show, and that one sounds real good, so we are in for something!!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 39 queries.