Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Ruth Knopfler. (Mark's sister)  (Read 31206 times)

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
Re: Ruth Knopfler. (Mark's sister)
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
Blimey!
I wish I hadn't started the thread now.
It was only meant to be a very innocent
bit of interest in one of Mark's siblings.
I must admit though, the more i think about it
to speak about David is probably more ok, bearing
in mind he was part of the history behind Dire Straits.
Ruth has got her own private life, with no cares I'm
sure, to be spoken about on forums.
Maybe this topic should be deleted?
I just thought that maybe a few pics & a little info
on her life, might add another layer to the whole
knopfler family history.
The decision is yours.

Cheers. BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 11:12:16 PM »
No, it won't be deleted (throwing my weight around again :) )
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 11:26:54 PM »
Blimey!
I wish I hadn't started the thread now.
It was only meant to be a very innocent
bit of interest in one of Mark's siblings.
I must admit though, the more i think about it
to speak about David is probably more ok, bearing
in mind he was part of the history behind Dire Straits.
Ruth has got her own private life, with no cares I'm
sure, to be spoken about on forums.
Maybe this topic should be deleted?
I just thought that maybe a few pics & a little info
on her life, might add another layer to the whole
knopfler family history.
The decision is yours.

Cheers. BBB

Maybe the issue of 'family privacy' is why he stopped playing TOL..too many family memories. That being said...us 'enquiring' minds need to know Dusty...did he sign your guitar?
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 12:14:14 AM »

There is nothing illogical in my comment since you understood it Jackal. Logic has levels of understanding. You can't understand 2 if you don't get the concept of 1 or numbers in general. Since you got the logic of my argument there is no need to explain.
But I also like to say that words exist having meanings and purposes. The words on their own are not bad (OK some might blush if I write words describing the genitalia-then again it might be of lust and not shamefulness  ;) ).
And when JC said the f word at the memorial of G.Chapman, (that you so beautifully hinted) it was the time and place, but judged after he had said it. For those that all this sound Greek: . (and an other including Greeks : )
And just see this to laugh:   about Germans and their sense of humor. Do Germans or Jewish people laugh with it? It is the concept of the joke not the actual deeper creepy truth it is based upon.

Anyway. As I said it is a nice puzzle to solve: I don't know your mood, I don't know your back ground and kind humor, I don't know you, I can only see what you write.  Sometimes, the writing reflects on our own mood and living experiences and that is when everything gets mixed up. As I said, it is all down to good intentions, and the feeling that nobody tries to patronize you. But I thought all these go without saying.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 12:27:59 AM »
No, it won't be deleted (throwing my weight around again :) )

What weight :o :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Jackal

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 05:59:32 AM »
There is nothing illogical in my comment since you understood it Jackal. Logic has levels of understanding. You can't understand 2 if you don't get the concept of 1 or numbers in general. Since you got the logic of my argument there is no need to explain.

*Nitpicking mode on.*

Whether your comment "If you don't get it, I can't explain it" is illogical or not depends on what the "it"s refer to. If "it" in the first clause means "1" and "it" in the second clause means "1", then your comment means "I can't teach you logic 101 because you don't know logic 101". It also then means that you probably shouldn't seek a career in teaching. Unless of course you consider me a basket case who'll never have a chance of learning anything about logic whatsoever.

If "it" in the first clause means "1" and "it" in the second clause means "2", then your comment means "If you don't get logic 101, I can't teach you logic 202". Which makes perfect sense, but has rather unflattering implications. It makes me look ever so dimwitted and you a trifle arrogant.

The reason I "got your argument", was not because I "got the logic", but simply because you forced me to go back and see what was illogical about mine. Yes, my argument was illogical if it meant the readers could avoid feeling uncomfortable by not reading the thread, but to know what the thread was about would have to read the thread and therefore put themselves at risk of feeling uncomfortable. I just assumed it was understood I was referring to reading the thread title. For someone as intelligent as you (I'm not being sarcastic), I'm a little surprised you didn't get that.

Love Expresso

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 07:49:28 AM »
Jesus,

I nearly missed the train to work by reading all this... One day off and all kind of things are happening... You cannot be serious about all this, can you?

I think, yes that joke was not a good one, I knew by reading it that it could/would cause some trouble, by all means it was not as good as all the dozens we were able to enjoy from Jackal's since he is a member here, but that also means we should Jackal give some credit for this ... blooper, shouldn't we? 

We know him as a man of good taste, good humour and a giant YouTube clip archive, so can we not say "Yes, bad one, never do it again, boy" and off we go to discuss how bad Bob's voice REALLY is??

LE

Rollergirl

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »
And Rollergirl, after listening to Kill to get Crimson for at least 10 times (no joke) I declare that it is a fine album, that I like a lot, with only a couple of weak moments. Still not my favourite album, but it was only a matter of repeated listenings. Or is it what they call brainwash. We can never know ;)

Well, thank you for giving this album a chance and letting me know about it.

It's not my favourite either but I enjoy it from time to time.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »

Jackal have a nice day. :)  I am not in the mood to do this anymore, it is futile and will get as nowhere. The friendly spirit has not left the building, since( I'd like to believe) this was nothing more than a test for logical and illogical teasing.  :-\ After all my cover is blown, I have a master in arrogance but miserable failed in logic and pedagogics.  :lol  And by all means you can have the last word.   ;)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Jackal

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 08:54:52 AM »
LE,

Thanks for your flattering words. Don't know if they are deserved or everyone else shares your view, but thank you nevertheless :)

Anyway, what I'm puzzled about is why the joke was what set off this debate! Ok, so the joke was a bit edgy, you might call it poor, but the issue is not the joke, but whether we should discuss Mark's (and other people connected with him) private life.

I suggest any thread on private topics be given a clear, unambigous title so people can know at a glance that the topic will contain information and discussions on someone's private life.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 08:55:35 AM »
That being said...us 'enquiring' minds need to know Dusty...did he sign your guitar?

He sure did. He was "very sweet" about it, had a laugh and a joke with me, couldn't have been nicer. I feel bad that his wife and kid had to wait while he was doing, but I literally saw him walking towards me on the street, I had taken the guitar 500 miles in the hope of getting it signed and I had a split second decision to make.

In the end it was probably the right one, as he didn't meet fans after the event. Not ideal, but he was walking down a public street after all, not like I turned up at his house or anything. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Jackal

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 09:13:11 AM »

Jackal have a nice day. :)  I am not in the mood to do this anymore, it is futile and will get as nowhere. The friendly spirit has not left the building, since( I'd like to believe) this was nothing more than a test for logical and illogical teasing.  :-\ After all my cover is blown, I have a master in arrogance but miserable failed in logic and pedagogics.  :lol  And by all means you can have the last word.   ;)

VGONIS2002, you have a good one too, mate. Sorry for the blowout. I might be argumentative, but I'm not mean-spirited or an a%#hole. So, the friendly spirit has not left the building :)

(I feel a songtitle coming - "The Bitter Taste of the Last Laugh")

Rollergirl

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »
GROUP HUG!

Love Expresso

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »
In the end it was probably the right one, as he didn't meet fans after the event. 

Hmmmmmmm...  ::)

LE

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
You can go on websites like genie and find out all sorts of things about people's families .Its in the public domain.Quite scary actually

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 50 queries.