Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #33:2011.11.21, HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London, UK, # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 93496 times)

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
This was a historic night.

The Appollo was really buzzing, even before showtime  started. I could really feel it. Mark came on to rapturous applause and proceeded to play out of his skin. He put on the best show I have ever heard from him. I don't know if it was because he was back at Hammersmith, with BD, or whatever, but if he plays like this on the new album we have a treat in store. I saw Chuck Ainley and Tim Obrien in the crowd and they were loving it and behaving just like you and I would - nodding to the beat, long applause, standing ovations etc.

I loved BD's set again. Pacey beat, great tight band. Towards the end of the set  Like a Rolling stone is played and got every one singing along. After that one the stage lights went down and when they came up, Mark was standing centre stage with Bob, and had his red strat!! Something special was happening here! Bob and Mark dueted Forever Young and it was a joy to hear and to watch these two icons together. Mark's guitar was so beautiful in this one. I thought at the start of the song, he would just play guitar. When he started to sing, I just didn't know what was going to happen next!! Totally awesome musical event unfolding in front of me was the feeling. Then MK turns to Bob, takes his hand off the strat, makes a supplicative gesture to BD as he sings TO HIM "may your songs always be sung"!!! Wow!!!! What a man to do that. Bob is obviously a real hero to Mark. The crowd went wild at this point and Bob was obviously very touched. When the song ended the place erupted to the loudest applause I think I've ever heard.

What an event to have winessed. Historic for sure. I am still amazed by it right now. Anyone who was there and saw this will remember this night for ever.  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:53:17 PM by DIFFICULTTOBELIEVE »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thank you DTB for your review.   What a night it must have been for everyone who was there - I just wish I had been there too!  I agree "Forever Young" is really beautiful!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

thanks for your review DTB!

And thanks Lars for uploading the song.

Very nice guitar by MK (no surprise here but still, it's nice) and Bob is almost singing!

I got goosebumps listening to this recording, when Mark sang "that line" and the crowd went wild. I cannot imagine what it must have been to be there!!

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
The most meaningful video so far, for this tour Forever Young;

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
It is quite strange that this was the last show of the tour. The excitement every night which songs were played, reading the reviews from all those nice people who can write so good, downloading the recordings, listen to it, all part of the game. I find it so much fun to be 'a little part' of the whole circus, following MK and the band. It's such a nice thing that all those people on AMIT share the same love. Already looking forward to the next tour!  :)

Lars
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Rollergirl

wow

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
Mark on guitar and vocals on "Forever Young". It was a well-worked out and rehearsed joint effort by Mark and Bob - swapping verses, singing together at times and with Mark given a very clear opportunity for a solo.  What a bonus!

When Mark sang the line "may your song always be sung", he gestured towards Dylan, in acknowledgment of the 100s of songs that Dylan has written over the years and the influence his songs have had on almost everyone of note in the musicbiz, and that gesture alone got a huge reaction from the audience. It was truly one of those moments I will remember for a long time.  I'm sorry to be so trite but you really had to be there. The atmosphere was electric. Great song and a great end to their touring together.

I was just about to ask anyone with a decent video of the two of them doing "Forever Young" together to share it, when it appears to have popped up.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
Visually, the video is great and so quickly up here on AMIT but, up in the balcony and away from the crowd, the sound was somehow grander. You can certainly see the audience reaction both when Mark sang and when he gestured to Dylan. Also, to see the line-up at the end, Mark joining in the bowing and Bob's gesture to Mark as well. Me the Bob fan and my wife the Mark fan - a great moment for the two of us.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Absolutely amazing video!!!!! Goosebumps!!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Here is the another video with better audio;

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
My god!!!!!!
Watching that has seriously bought a tear
to my eye. What a superb end to the mini
Bob & Mark tour.
I am going to watch that YouTube clip
over & over.
I'm so glad I got to see them on this tour.

Cheers BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
Just watched it again :o
My whole body has just turned into a GIANT goosebump!!!
 8) ;D

Cheers. BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Just watched it again :o
My whole body has just turned into a GIANT goosebump!!!
 8) ;D

Cheers. BBB

+1

Here too :) It's amazing!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Yes indeed! What a great performance and what a great Mark. Our hero!

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
well spotted on the videos Naif, beat me to it. I think the rougher filmed more stealth one was by the guy next to me.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 42 queries.