Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bootlegs from ebay  (Read 4944 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Bootlegs from ebay
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:31:38 PM »

I remember one similar thread for DS/MK related items, but I couldn't find it. I guess it would be nice for those that love bootlegs but don't have the time to look for them, if there was a heads up thread. Here are two, very questionable ones.

Twisting by the pool expanded! It looks like a nice work but unfortunately the source is from vinyl.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110819391720&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

One of the first MK/BD bootlegs!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120854094231&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineFat Bob

• Guitar George
Re: Bootlegs from ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
Thanks for this. The Dylan bootleg is the Bournemouth show so Mark is only playing on 1 track- "Beyond Here Lies Nothing"- the rest is all Dylan. Anyone who has the "Two Buddies In Europe" bootleg will have that track already- I think I'll pass. The "Twisting By The Pool" disc looks interesting, but as you say, a lot of the tracks are rips from vinyl so no knowing what the quality will be like.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »
nothing semi official about that one.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »
Thanks for this. The Dylan bootleg is the Bournemouth show so Mark is only playing on 1 track- "Beyond Here Lies Nothing"- the rest is all Dylan. Anyone who has the "Two Buddies In Europe" bootleg will have that track already- I think I'll pass. The "Twisting By The Pool" disc looks interesting, but as you say, a lot of the tracks are rips from vinyl so no knowing what the quality will be like.

There is a cd source as well, the cd video officially edited with the Twisting by the pool video and Twisting/Two young/If I had you in audio format.

There is also a cd source for Badges, posters, I think that from one of the OES cdsingles, maybe it was "You and your friend"
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »
Thank you for the info, Pottel, I was not sure because it is not released from Mercury, Polygram but a small label. I guess the loop hole of the TV shows, or under permission from Mercury. I have a Pink Floyd show and several others from this label.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOB-DYLAN-Rough-Cuts-Infidels-Studio-Sessions-Mark-Knopfler-RARE-Orig-2xCD-/170778775254?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item27c3354ed6

This is a different edition from the one I have or have seen, but pretty much the same title and songs. I think there is a more complete session works with Dylan, with more Infidels cuts plus the slow train sessions.

OfflineFat Bob

• Guitar George
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »
"Rough Cuts" is a good bootleg- I too have a slightly different edition but with exactly the same tracklist. For those who aren't familiar with it, it contains the alternative "electric band" version of Blind Willie McTell which some Dylan fans prefer to the acoustic version which was eventually released as well as some very interesting alternative versions of songs that did make it onto "Infidels", such as Jokerman and I and I. It also has one of the worst songs Dylan has ever recorded (in my opinion), a horrific effort called Julius and Ethel, justifiably left off "Infidels"- I think I listened to it twice before deleting it forever from my hard drive, life's too short!
As a Dylan fan as well as a Knopfler fan you've got me intrigued with your comments about a bootleg with the Slow Train sessions- I don't know that one, do you have any more details?

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »
http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents.php?parent_cat=Otros
I thought I have seen it here, but no. Only two versions of the Rough cuts album. Must have downloaded a long ago from another torrent. Sorry can't remember. I believe it was called "The complete collection-Dylan and Knopfler" and I might be wrong about the Slow train sessions, because the only song that actually am sure it came from there and is included was Trouble in mind.  OK, just found it. It must be in two volumes, I see the cover of volume 1, volume two is nowhere to be seen, though. This volume one consists of 33 songs, as opposed to Rough cuts. Has two versions of trouble in mind, (now both officially released) and two songs that are not included at rough cuts: Dark Groove and Straight A's in love. The rest are alternative versions, some of them mono and also includes some of the versions that ended up in Bootleg series 1-3. So unless volume 2 contains some hidden gems, the only song that comes from slow train is Trouble in mind. It seems I am getting old and lose it. Just found out today, while trying to find the source, that Bt junkie is also down. There is a war going on, from the companies, that seem to think that the loss of sales is due to illegal downloading. If the products were cheaper and people could afford them, I think nobody would ever download.  But this is another discussion altogether.

OfflineFat Bob

• Guitar George
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
Thanks for taking the trouble to check that- as a dedicated Dylan fan I was worried I'd missed something! The whole question of downloading is indeed another topic that will run and run...

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
Pottel is the expert on MK and BD and every possible combination, matters. He might be able to help when he reads this. And downloading official material when there is a nice release with booklet and material for the fan is a ruined experience. On the other hand, this works only with the already well known artists. There must be a way, they should find a way to let people listen freely to new releases from new groups, and at the same time convince the constant down loaders that it worths every penny to buy he record/CD/paid download. And as Todd Rundgren said, musicians in this new age, must learn to make their money not from selling records but good old fashion touring and playing live. Oh God. 

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »
you can also check JVT's site http://www.oneverybootleg.nl/
it contains ALL material with MK, and it include slow train coming sessions mixed with Infidels sessions
I can't post a direct link to the page, it doesn't work
you have to search on his site  :)

I also love rough cuts as it contains another great and underrated guitarist : Mick Taylor

his slide work on Blind willie Mc tell and many other tunes is fabulous
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:56:37 PM by Jean-Fran »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:31:42 PM »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:54 AM »
it's there : http://www.oneverybootleg.nl/mkdylan.htm

but it's not silver pressed

it contains 2 takes from slow train coming sessions :

1. Trouble in mind
2. Ye shall be changed
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:05:06 AM by Jean-Fran »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
Thank you Jean -Francois. It is the same with the one I mention earlier but under a different name. Exact songs and order. And the two tracks were issued as B-sides, and TiM complete version on this German Dylan Compilation last year, so no other sessions from Slow train. I would love some rehearsals, warm up covers, even chit-chat...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.