Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London  (Read 35052 times)

Love Expresso

Re: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
I tend to be contradictory about Privteering for some weeks now. Some day I like this, some day I hate the other. Seems to proof that it is really a strong album!  :lol  What I know for sure is that Corned Beef City is not at the right place and really spoils the flow of music on the first album, and that I still cannot love Blood And Water. The rest ...changes. Even After The Beanstalk made some impression on me last night. Mark sings it rather good I thought.

Kingdom of Gold, yes, it is not bad. But not a good opener for the second CD. But who cares, I have all 24 tracks in a row on my stick..

Just thought about this:
At the 2007 KTGC promotion shows, he played True Love, Secondary Waltz, Let It All Go (and fuzzy remember The Fizzy?)  and later on tour The Fish And the Bird... that are 4 (5)  songs from the complete album...  With Get Lucky, he promoted 5 songs over all. So we have more new songs now already after the first two BD rehearsals. I think we are in for a treat next year!  :D

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »
I tend to be contradictory about Privteering for some weeks now. Some day I like this, some day I hate the other. Seems to proof that it is really a strong album!  :lol  What I know for sure is that Corned Beef City is not at the right place and really spoils the flow of music on the first album, and that I still cannot love Blood And Water. The rest ...changes. Even After The Beanstalk made some impression on me last night. Mark sings it rather good I thought.

Kingdom of Gold, yes, it is not bad. But not a good opener for the second CD. But who cares, I have all 24 tracks in a row on my stick..
LE

I have it on shuffle, including all the bonus tracks, so the sequence of the tracks doesn't matter to me.  That way, I have a surprise every time!   :)

I didn't like "Blood & Water" at first, but it has grown on me and I love the final solo very much. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »
That shuffle thing might be a good idea. I guess this album has more a "collection" character than a concrete playing-list sort of style. So I think I will try that, too!

LE

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »
I think that the sequence of the songs matters... I try to listen to the whole album in the correct order every time I can... although I skip some of the songs (redbud, hot or what, miss you blues, kingdom of gold, blood and water...)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
Btw:

Guy explained something about the special sound of Gator Blood - with drums, room, mic's, etc. I did not really understand it. Was MK standing next to the drums when they recorded them and sang through the drum mic's? Or what did Guy exactly mean with his explanation?   ???

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
"Gator Blood" is the only one I'm skipping at the moment - at least until the screechy guitar makes its entry!   It's a good song though, so maybe I should persevere until I'm beaten into submission!    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Goodness - MK must really like Marbletown....its getting rolled out a lot on recent tours....not one of my personal favourites....but hey ho.... :P
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 12:06:13 PM »
I agree with LE about Kingdom only more so - it's a load of rubbish!  Also Schmonka about Marbletown.  I don't know how many time I can patiently sit through yet another one.  Never liked it the first time and I like it a lot less now.  Album version is best.

A shame they weren't treated to SFA last night.  Don't tell me they're bored of playing it!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:09:28 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »
Marbletown is probably my favourite song on the RPD album, but I loved the 2010 live version too, probably moreso than 2011, but then I liked everything better in 2010!   

I thought Kingdom of Gold was a bit boring to begin with, but the outro is wonderful. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
Some more pictures on Guy's diary page.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »
Some more pictures on Guy's diary page.   :)

Looks like MK got new boots :)
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »
really liked and still love marbletown, the whole going silent thing and then that crescendo, brilliant.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
Hi,

It's always interesting to read the opinions here. Very often really different view on Mark's work.  :)
I think that " Marbletown " is much better played live. The album version is a skipper for me. The song " Kingdom Of Gold " is maybe boring, but I don't think it's a weak song.

I like the guitar work on " Blood And Water ", in fact one of my faves right now. Songs that I hear every time is at this list.

1 ) Redbud Tree
2)  Haul Away
3)  Privateering
4)  Corned Beef City
5)  Go, Love
6)  Yon Two Crows

7)  Got To Have Something
8) Blue Bird
9)  Submariner ( Still the strongest track on the album for me )  ;D
10) Blood And Water
11) Today Is Okay

The last 9 tracks is played more rarely over the last week or two.  :-\

( I haven't placed the cool smiley at Bluebird and I can't remove it )
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
small (mini) vid from the inside from the german radio station NDR hat joined their winners to london. nothing from the show itself, still. inside!
i believe i see the back of marijn and dennis
http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/knopflerlondon113.html
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 01:30:31 PM »
really liked and still love marbletown, the whole going silent thing and then that crescendo, brilliant.

Pottel, lets go to the point...

As our chairman...

Do you have located recordings of this shows?

;D

Come on man, we need them, you know it!!!

:lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 42 queries.