Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Merchandising 2013 topic (MK.com Newsletter)  (Read 10331 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: Merchandising 2013 topic (MK.com Newsletter)
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
I would go for:

- a reduced replica of the rusty van we all love (and some love to hate)
- a special cd with all the b-sides, from the day the world has begun
- a sheet music's mega super deluxe book

Nababo you just read my mind! I would love a hot wheels replica of the track! And yes the B-sides and some out takes would do greatly. I don't know about sheet music. There are a lot of books out there, and rather expensive too, and would only please the musicians among us! Let's face it, we have everything and we want a souvenir. An official one. How about that comic book with the story of DS?   Or an edition of STP and GH in vinyl? Or make available again the DVD edition of STP? I have to confess that when it comes to musicians, I expect music, though I used to buy other memorablia as well. So how about a specially made CD, with some of the songs from The Princess trust shows/Knebworth/Mandella live? 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
More seriously... I've emailed them with :

- Towels (black) with a "Privateering " print  (like the one the guys use on stage).
- Posters ( no litho)
- Glasses cases.
- Sound Recordings, like Simfy .... Video taping with something like Simfy?
- A book with the promo pics ( by Fabio Lovino)
- An official Calendar

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
Since Simfy was introduced for the European leg of the GL tour in 2010 we had only a few recordings from bootleggers during that leg (presumably because they thought the soundboards would be a nice souvenir).  These are (from memory): Hamburg, Badalona, Birmingham and a few RAH nights (which weren't available on Simfy anyway).  For the North American leg where Simfy wasn't available there are many, many more.  I think it's pretty evident that the availability of the soundboards had a major effect on the number of recorded shows by bootleggers.

Now that may be fine if you don't collect and only want a copy of the show you went to, but personally I do collect and want to have as many as possible so these Simfy recordings have been the bain of my existence, especially due to their terrible mix and not-so-good compressed sound.

I therefore hope sincerely that we do not see their like again on any future tour and cannot understand the demand for them on here. :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 07:15:11 PM »
I know I have said it before somewhere, but I think there is a place for both and I wouldn't want the wrong message to be sent to MK.com or PCM about official recordings not being wanted, because they have given me endless pleasure and it would be terrible not to have them!   

It was great to have audience recordings last year in Europe and also this year in the US and Canada, due to the very good recordings of the likes of soomlos, hide, bach etc, who are actually Dylan fans and we were lucky enough to have the benefit of them.  Next year it is an MK only tour and I doubt if those particular people will be recording the MK concerts. I haven't noticed a similar quality from any MK audience recording so far, that I listen to, with as much pleasure as I do with my Simfy recordings, therefore something similar would be wonderful!   

I must add, though, that before Simfy came along, I was delighted with the bootlegs that were available to us and was grateful for them and I still am!   There will always be a need for bootlegs, for that feeling of audience participation!    So, I hope the bootleggers will keep on recording in the future - alongside the official ones!   :)

PS - I have emailed my request for merchandise:

An official recording of the concerts, similar to Simfy

A guitar pin
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:09:42 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
I would go for:

- a reduced replica of the rusty van we all love (and some love to hate)
- a special cd with all the b-sides, from the day the world has begun
- a sheet music's mega super deluxe book

Nababo you just read my mind! I would love a hot wheels replica of the track! And yes the B-sides and some out takes would do greatly. I don't know about sheet music. There are a lot of books out there, and rather expensive too, and would only please the musicians among us! Let's face it, we have everything and we want a souvenir. An official one. How about that comic book with the story of DS?   Or an edition of STP and GH in vinyl? Or make available again the DVD edition of STP? I have to confess that when it comes to musicians, I expect music, though I used to buy other memorablia as well. So how about a specially made CD, with some of the songs from The Princess trust shows/Knebworth/Mandella live?

So I share most of your wishes too! This last cd would be more than great, indeed!
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »
A decent, well-fitting girlie shirt! None of those boxy, strangely-shaped ones, only designed for overweights! And a decent writing on it. No picture. I thought the 2006 ATRR ladies shirt was fine.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
I'd be with a T-shirt.  ;D
I'd love to buy  a mug, hard to find in second-class countries.  >:(

Of course any live recording is welcome.  :wave

I'd go also for a set of playing cards.  :think

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
I'd be with a T-shirt.  ;D
I'd love to buy  a mug, hard to find in second-class countries.  >:(

Of course any live recording is welcome.  :wave

I'd go also for a set of playing cards.  :think
Belle and Sebastian, this great band have issued playing cards, as well. They sell them through their official shop, but still. They have issued postcards, visor, frisbee, badges, tshirts, a fan's DVD, magnets, notebooks, stickers, paches, mugs, tshirts (for kids as well! lately they even produced sleepsuits!), scarfs, bags, art prints, posters, bookmarks, calendar, keyring. (I think I got them all) 

Get some ideas from here:
http://www.belleandsebastianshop.com/department/clothing/
And if you have time, listen to their records. They are great! Start with the collection of EPs and singles "Push barman to open old wounds" and continue with "If you're feeling sinister" or vice versa.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 06:09:19 AM »
I like Val's idea of Guitar pins.  Also magnets that can stick to  cars will be nice.  Is MK.com still open for suggestions?

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 04:46:47 AM »
Bringing up an old post... again. 
Just thought this was really interesting that so many ideas that were bandied about here were actually realised.  First and foremost, live recordings... YES.  And instead of a pin in the shape of a guitar, we got the USB sticks in the shape of his strat...   :D

I saw coffee mugs, keychains, tour programs, sweatshirts, polo shirts and several t-shirt designs.  Sorry, Knopflerized... no MK teddy bears :( ... but that would have been fun!

So, maybe someone listens!!!  :clap

Oh, and I REALLY want the blue pensa lithograph...  does anyone have one they are willing to sell to me... please???    :wave
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 38 queries.