Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Merchandising 2013 topic (MK.com Newsletter)  (Read 10329 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Merchandising 2013 topic (MK.com Newsletter)
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »
As stated in the markknopfler.com newsletter:

We are considering a number of merchandise items for Mark
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Merchandising 2013 topic (MK.com Newsletter)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »
A turquoise, rusty old LDV van!

These limited edition signed lithographs were pretty nice - haven't had them for a while now.  Was it just the STP tour or did they do one on another tour too?  I seem to remember they sold out during the tour, so those going to concerts at the end of the tour couldn't get one.

Personally, I've never been keen on clothing at concerts! ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:11:45 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedennisbrouwer

• Guitar George
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
A live DVD of every show!!!!  ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »
This is what I send, just in case any of you wants to ask the same and make it possible:

T-shirts are always nice, I always love that one with all the dates at the back, maybe it can be mixed with a live picture of MK playing his new blue Pensa, and a small picture of the cover at the high part of the left, I mean, the part of the shirt where my heart is behind.

Official Live Recordings is one of the items I would like to see, as happened with Get Lucky tour, its great to leave the concert with the recording of your live shows, Many companies as TheMusic.com or http://www.concertlive.co.uk do it with other artists and it works very well.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
This is what I send, just in case any of you wants to ask the same and make it possible:

T-shirts are always nice, I always love that one with all the dates at the back, maybe it can be mixed with a live picture of MK playing his new blue Pensa, and a small picture of the cover at the high part of the left, I mean, the part of the shirt where my heart is behind.

Official Live Recordings is one of the items I would like to see, as happened with Get Lucky tour, its great to leave the concert with the recording of your live shows, Many companies as TheMusic.com or http://www.concertlive.co.uk do it with other artists and it works very well.

I'm sorry to disagree, but I don't like the live recordings idea.  The Simfy thing and the previous 2005 recordings were not very nice sounding imo and they seemed to stop bootleggers from recording the concerts and therefore trading too.  Some of the best recordings from Europe 2010 are audience and have a good mix, but there are hardly any because of the Simfy deal.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »
A map of Europe  :smack if ever Crocks & Co. know what it is.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

I'm sorry to disagree, but I don't like the live recordings idea.  The Simfy thing and the previous 2005 recordings were not very nice sounding imo and they seemed to stop bootleggers from recording the concerts and therefore trading too.  Some of the best recordings from Europe 2010 are audience and have a good mix, but there are hardly any because of the Simfy deal.

I love all of my Simfy recordings and I hope something similar will happen for 2013, however I still like to listen to bootlegs too.  I think there is a place for both to exist side-by-side.    :)    I do hope the wrong message won't be sent to PCM that we don't want Simfy-type recordings!   :-\
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:45:32 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »
sheet music? sheet music as a print?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »

A soundboard recording is always better than audience recordings. I dont know why you say that Simfy and Crowfly recordings were not nice sounding, I find all of them great. Its true that some of the mixes are not the best, but they are soundboards, it means that the acoustic of the venue, the mics, the recorders etc doesnt have a role in how it sounds, sometimes we have crap audience recordings, sometime good ones, but soundboards are always better.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 02:01:17 PM »
I really wouldn't know what to ask for. I really like the idea of a souvenir especially made for each show, but they somehow have to be prepared for the demand in a sort time(I guess that can be aranged with pre orders) , and at the same time produce an object that is not a  cheap custom made looking. I would be very fond of live recordings, even though I hardly have time to listen to all there are out there, so the question is what to give to a person that has everything but would accept anything that bares MK on. A DVD for every show means great expenses, a crew in every show to capture the show, mixing, post production, mastering etc. I don't think numbers (sales) would actually help.  Peter Green used to sell exclusively  at his concerts a CD,and I know Archive do the same. Some bands used to (and I think one or two still do it ) leave a copy of CD (r) with demos on each seat, or a 7'' single, or a specially made tour program included in the ticket price.So not much of a merchentice but a great souvenir and surprise. I also like badges, stickers, fridge magnets, framed photos, baseball hats -no t-shirts for me please, MK has been making fun of these merchentise in his song-  but I don't get to wear/use them anymore. But it is all about music and I think that all the rest are just teasers. I always liked the tour programs and I miss the Get Lucky one. If anyone has a spare copy,let me know!

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »

A soundboard recording is always better than audience recordings. I dont know why you say that Simfy and Crowfly recordings were not nice sounding, I find all of them great. Its true that some of the mixes are not the best, but they are soundboards, it means that the acoustic of the venue, the mics, the recorders etc doesnt have a role in how it sounds, sometimes we have crap audience recordings, sometime good ones, but soundboards are always better.

The soundboards like Simfy and Crowfly were compressed and the mix didn't sound good IMHO.

These days, I think nearly all audience recordings are very good to brilliant in terms of quality.  Oh dear, I've a lot to live up to when I attempt mine next year now!

The main issue though was the effect it had on the number of people recording the gigs.  Hardly anyone recorded the gigs when they knew they were available on Simfy and, of course they weren't traded so if you wanted to hear all the concerts you had to purchase overpriced, poor sounding, poorly mixed downloads instead of a free, nice sounding audience recording.  Long live the bootleggers! ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »
Badges, Posters, Stickers, T-shirts. ;D

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
Either a release with all the B-sides..or a T-shirt with a picture of Mark with the Blue Pensa.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
I sent an email with the following items as ideas:

* Limited edition
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »
I sent an email with the following items as ideas:

* Limited edition

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.