Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings  (Read 36674 times)

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
Re: Live recordings
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »
The rah shows will be recorded by many fans, no worries ;)
Maybe they plan a DVD???

My thought too! Maybe they have other plans for the RAH? :)
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »
The rah shows will be recorded by many fans, no worries ;)
Maybe they plan a DVD???

My thought too! Maybe they have other plans for the RAH? :)

That would be superb!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »
In 2010  we had the option of buying the sticks after the concert, or downloading the concert later.   Does this mean if we go to multiple shows, we would have to buy lots of guitar sticks, each priced at 30 euros.   That would be quite expensive.   

The guitar stick is lovely, but I would only want one of them - the rest I would prefer to download - it would be much cheaper if it is available.   :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:24 PM »
The guitar stick is lovely, but I would only want one of them - the rest I would prefer to download - it would be much cheaper if it is available.   :think

Nicely said, Val!!

I, too, would like to see an option to download multiple concerts (at a steep discount!!)
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 09:09:17 PM »
Cool idea.
Would be more cooler to have different guitar shapes. Gibson,Martin,Steel,Pensa etc...
To make it more collective
Love will find a Way

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:36 PM »
Hopefully these will be offered at the concert venue as well. Also I'm hoping for a better mix!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
Cool idea.
Would be more cooler to have different guitar shapes. Gibson,Martin,Steel,Pensa etc...
To make it more collective

....and even more expensive!    Nice idea though!    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »
I'm not up on these techie things but what's to stop you organising a circle of friends. One person buys the USB stick for concert #1 and runs off CDs for the others?  The second person does the same for concert #2 and so on. Everyone in the circle gets one souvenir USB stick and everyone in the circle gets CDs of every show. Putting aside the question of how easy that would be to organise (or otherwise), is that technically feasible?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:04:57 PM by twm »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
Val my thought exactly.

Yes just saw it too! 30 Euros each concert x 64 concerts= 1920 Euros And this means no torrents and free live from this tour. For 320 MP3. I might buy one just for the thrill of it, but I will certainly lose the rest.
twm, it is a nice suggestion, and feasible,  but I guess it is illegal and off limits. The tracker do not even allow different recordings from shows that have been officially released.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »
twm, it is a nice suggestion, and feasible,  but I guess it is illegal and off limits. The tracker do not even allow different recordings from shows that have been officially released.

Yes it is illegal but they'll become available to download one way or the other, people will still upload them just like they did during the 2010 tour. I agree that the price is quite expensive compared to the previous ones.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:16 PM »
REPLY I'VE JUST GOTTEN FROM TORONTO:

Hi xxx,

The Royal Albert Hall shows are not included for contractual reasons. Sorry for any disappointment.

Aaron
MarkKnopfler.com

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
30 Euro is very expensive !
They could make the recordings available in 2 formats : expensive 4 GB guitar USB stick and a more affordable download !
30 Euro with maybe shipping fees...
Could we organize us and share the concerts between us, after having bought at least one or two Guitar sticks ? It may be hard to prove the purchase...
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »
Too bad they re still lossless, but hey! Awesomeeeeeeee

I challenge you to tell the difference between 320 kb/s MP3 and CD 16/44 in a blind (A/B/X) test of the same material, whetever it is, even on the best audio hardware in the world.
Hours of study of the latest papers on audio technology convinced me of this simple idea that mastering is the only factor that matters in the quality of an audio recording.
A redbook CD can be made to sound fantastic, no need for hi-rez SA-CD or DVD-A, our ear can't hear above 20khz and 16 bit is all the dynamic range we will ever need.
As for lossy, you can definitely hear a difference with 128kb/s MP3, but 320kb/s is as good as a CD will ever be - at least for our ears.

Care for good mastering, not the media !! A good master will sound good on just about anything; conversely, a bad master will sound bad even on a 24/192 hi-rez recording.

As I already said regarding DIME, 24/48 FLAC files are overkill for a live concert; of course they are fine, but a 320kb/s MP3 will just sound identical, while taking only a 10th of its size and downloading time !

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:30 PM »
Illegal? Do you mean unlawful? Which law does it breach? If you mean that it would be contrary to the contract into which you entered when you bought the ticket, the same applies to those who go in and tape shows. Moreover, when you buy the USB sticks on-line, it's not limited to the shows you'll be attending. As I understand it, you could buy USB sticks for each and every show, whether you'll be attending them all or not - and some AMITers will be doing just that, I'm sure.

Anyway, if it is technically feasible, then that's exactly what will happen. It is only a question of whether individuals choose to band together and  do it in an organised way. It is the PRIVATEERING tour after all. It would a fine example of privateering, I suggest.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 11:19:07 PM »
I guess it has to do with the laws that do not allow you to copy the official CD releases. They sold the rights to this company and they sell it to us. twm, don't get me wrong, I don't like these things at all, but I am just stating what happened for the 2010 tour Simfy. Relatively, very few recordings turn up.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 36 queries.