Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 19:2013.05.21, BIC, Bournemouth, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 34126 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Concert # 19:2013.05.21, BIC, Bournemouth, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 10:57:56 PM »
gotta say i love the band intro before postcards, and most of all i love the way Glenn "enters" into the song. brilliant player that man.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »
gotta say i love the band intro before postcards, and most of all i love the way Glenn "enters" into the song. brilliant player that man.

I agree with you.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineZeeley

• Camerado
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2013, 11:48:35 PM »
just got email saying RAH 27th is being recorded for sale on the guitar sticks
So the other RAH will not be recorded on USB, maybe these gigs get filmed for DVD?

Didnt Guy mention something in his diary earlier?
"Maybe I was born on a bad luck day,
 born under a bad sign"....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2013, 12:11:23 AM »
Woohooo that was some show and thank goodness we have a 'MK Strat stick recording of the show coming!!
The set was awesome and Mrs KF got her wish of 'Shangri-la' which I have to say was performed well but then it was played with one of the MK Strats!!
I cannot fault anything as it was a totally mind-blowing evening.
Reasonable second row seats off to one side but we have much better for Brighton and the two RAH shows. My brother was gobsmacked by it all so we have another MK fan in our midst. All the talk about Ian Thomas on drums - and now we have heard him he is most excellent, so no probs with me.
My word did Mark make those Strats, Gibsons and Pensa sing tonight! We had Marks speaker right in front of us so that was an added bonus!

Roll on Saturday now... see you all then...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Love Expresso

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34:30 AM »
I don't have one of these fancy smartphones, olde worlde that I live in!  You're quite welcome to send individual text messages though.

So then I finally met the other person in Europe that still not uses smartphones... Nice to meet you!  :wave I will send you an sms!  ;D

LE

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:02 AM »
I don't have one of these fancy smartphones, olde worlde that I live in!  You're quite welcome to send individual text messages though.

So then I finally met the other person in Europe that still not uses smartphones... Nice to meet you!  :wave I will send you an sms!  ;D

LE

WHATSAPP Boys?????? ;D  :lol
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2013, 05:28:31 AM »
Isn't the whole setlist put in the first post anymore?  :think
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2013, 05:52:10 AM »

Quite busy this morning.  Sorry for the delay.  And can anyone confirm which songs were with sax on?
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »

Quite busy this morning.  Sorry for the delay.  And can anyone confirm which songs were with sax on?

I used to could, R&J and 'Going home'
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
A quite excellent Sultans:

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »
The two MK fans in the car on the way home both thought "Sultans" was terrific last night, as well.

I was not overly impressed with the sax player - he was more than competent, for sure, but didn't seem to "stretch out" at all. He offered a bit of variation, a different flavour if you wish, but I didn't come away thinking, "Well, if he weren't there, those three songs would not have been as good".

Also, as an observer of these things, there was no stage rush after "Telegraph Road". at all. Three or so people came forward to take photos but nobody joined them, so the enterprise evaporated.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

I used to could, R&J and 'Going home'

Thanks for the info, knopflerfan, and enjoy the shows coming up.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
The two MK fans in the car on the way home both thought "Sultans" was terrific last night, as well.

I was not overly impressed with the sax player - he was more than competent, for sure, but didn't seem to "stretch out" at all. He offered a bit of variation, a different flavour if you wish, but I didn't come away thinking, "Well, if he weren't there, those three songs would not have been as good".

Also, as an observer of these things, there was no stage rush after "Telegraph Road". at all. Three or so people came forward to take photos but nobody joined them, so the enterprise evaporated.

The same thing happened in Glasgow - no stage rush.  Maybe we're all getting too old! :smack

I agree with you about NH not stretching out, but I think maybe this is under instruction since he is only on the UK leg of the tour and he is only really doing fills and no solos to speak of.  It would be nice to hear him stretch out because there are videos on YouTube and the guy can play.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »

The same thing happened in Glasgow - no stage rush.  Maybe we're all getting too old! :smack

I agree with you about NH not stretching out, but I think maybe this is under instruction since he is only on the UK leg of the tour and he is only really doing fills and no solos to speak of.  It would be nice to hear him stretch out because there are videos on YouTube and the guy can play.

There was a huge stage rush in Liverpool!   Ingrid and myself had to climb over the seats in front of us to get there and I noticed this morning that my legs resemble a map of the world!   ;D     Too old? Never!    :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »

There was a huge stage rush in Liverpool!   Ingrid and myself had to climb over the seats in front of us to get there and I noticed this morning that my legs resemble a map of the world!   ;D     Too old? Never!    :wave

Well, evidently you're not too old Val! ;)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 37 queries.