Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 24:2013.05.28, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 23842 times)

OfflineKitKat

• Guitar George
Hi everyone~

Mr. KitKat and I were also in attendance for the first two nights- no more words to describe how great the concerts were- they really were a treat.  Also it was great to meet some AMIT-ers and place faces to names.  I finally uploaded a few pictures from the nights (only the fairly ok ones).  They are not as nice as Martina's or knopflerfan's but I thought I would share anyway.

http://kitkatsrahlondonpics.shutterfly.com/

Very nice to meet those in attendance; we must do it again next tour!
Her lucky stars give her just enough....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Sultans,Norbert Schuster,Traisen, Austria

Hi Guy! My wife, my son and I stayed at the Royal Albert Hall on May, 28th. It was a fantastic show in a great location. It was always been a dream of mine to see Mark playing at the Royal Albert Hall. I love his music. But why he did not play Sultans of swing on this evening? My son wanted to see it absolutely. Finally, he was a little disappointed that this important song was not played.

Guy: Because he didn't feel like it. There are so many alternatives

The thing is the chosen alternative(s) does not sound to be on par with SOS.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Hi Guy! My wife, my son and I stayed at the Royal Albert Hall on May, 28th. It was a fantastic show in a great location. It was always been a dream of mine to see Mark playing at the Royal Albert Hall. I love his music. But why he did not play Sultans of swing on this evening? My son wanted to see it absolutely. Finally, he was a little disappointed that this important song was not played.

+1
GB and SFSL are hardly replacement for SoS.
If he wants to ditch a DS song, why not put SFA in the trash ? Or give RAJ a much needed rest ?
But keep SOS, TR and BIA - the very concentrated essence of DS !

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

+1
GB and SFSL are hardly replacement for SoS.
If he wants to ditch a DS song, why not put SFA in the trash ? Or give RAJ a much needed rest ?
But keep SOS, TR and BIA - the very concentrated essence of DS !

Only one song can replace Sultans for me - TOL! ;D

To be honest though TOL is no real replacement for Sultans because it is a different type of song (of more epic proportions) and Sultans is more familiar with the casual concert goer.  I think Skateaway has been suggested before?  Again, a nice one for us but not so familiar with the casual goer.  There simply isn't a replacement song.

The only thing that kept me going walking out of the Glasgow concert after not hearing Sultans was that I had two more chances to hear it.  I was still a little disappointed though, despite an otherwise great show.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Hi everyone~

Mr. KitKat and I were also in attendance for the first two nights- no more words to describe how great the concerts were- they really were a treat.  Also it was great to meet some AMIT-ers and place faces to names.  I finally uploaded a few pictures from the nights (only the fairly ok ones).  They are not as nice as Martina's or knopflerfan's but I thought I would share anyway.

Firstly great to have met you both too and look forward to the next time ;) and secondly great photo's of a wonderful few evenings!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
EDIT: here we go, first post, wrong topic. Can some moderator please move this to Zwollle? Thanks!

It was a great concert (and my first MK gig ever)!
I loved every minute of it and especially Telegraph Road. I enjoyed this version of I Dug Up A Diamond a lot too, as I don't like Emmylou's voice on the album version.
It was a shame someone started clapping during the quiet bit of Marbletown, like the song had ended allready...  :smack

It was very hot in there, there were empty seats and the music was very loud, but I enjoyed it a lot!

IDUAD was much better with RM Imho and yes the clapping thing on 'Marbletown' happened at each show we went to, just usually before MK finished the music off with those lovely few notes on the Martin....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
EDIT: here we go, first post, wrong topic. Can some moderator please move this to Zwollle? Thanks!

I loved every minute of it and especially Telegraph Road. I enjoyed this version of I Dug Up A Diamond a lot too, as I don't like Emmylou's voice on the album version.
It was a shame someone started clapping during the quiet bit of Marbletown, like the song had ended allready...  :smack

It was very hot in there, there were empty seats and the music was very loud, but I enjoyed it a lot!

IDUAD was much better with RM Imho and yes the clapping thing on 'Marbletown' happened at each show we went to, just usually before MK finished the music off with those lovely few notes on the Martin....

I'm not quite a fan of Ruth's voice, so for me IDUAD is much better just Mark himself.   :)

OfflineH97

• Camerado

I'm not quite a fan of Ruth's voice, so for me IDUAD is much better just Mark himself.   :)

I've only heard MK's solo version live as I posted this in the wrong thread (I meant Zwolle's gig :) ), I should look up the version with Ruth Moody...

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Hi everyone~

Firstly great to have met you both too and look forward to the next time ;) and secondly great photo's of a wonderful few evenings!!

THANK YOU very much for sharing your pictures Knopflerfan and KitKat! I loved watching!

Btw it was really wonderful to meet you both and your partners as well! Yeahhh we should meet again in future! It was short this time, but I hope we will have the change to be together for a longer time!

Hugo97 I just upload a video of the concert in Amsterdam where you can listen to Mark and Ruth siging all the 3 songs!
You can find it at the Ziggo-Dome Amsterdam thread!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinepanzerdriver

• Guitar George
  • Tell me how we're gonna do what's best....
Hello all, I was so fortunate to attend 31st May at the RAH and got to meet several people I've always wanted to meet (Isaac, Phil, Martina, to name a few) plus had the BEST concert experience of my life (about 10 feet away from MK)! This is something I will live with forever! And the music was wonderful! It's two weeks later and I'm still over the moon! Wish I could have met more people there but there's always next tour. Thanks everyone involved for making my experience so great!  :-* :wave
A hen can lay a golden egg, but she still can't sing.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.