Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Regulation of the internet  (Read 6032 times)

OfflineJosef

• Banned
  • Guitar George
Regulation of the internet
« on: July 24, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »
This is a post I recieved from an editor on this site.

***PERSONAL MESSAGE CONTENT REMOVED***
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 02:12:38 PM by Dan »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: Regulation of the internet
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
Ok.  :D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Love Expresso

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »
Regulation of the "Internet" says it all... I for one cannot agree to a member that has conjointly been banned for obvious reasons just coming back under another nick name and getting a second chance so easy. For me, this undermines the AMIT rules that I have signed when I started here, the meaning of the term "banned" (well, at least until let's say... next tuesday?) and more important, the AMIT credibility. This is my own opinion. I don't wish to dig any deeper in this and also don't wish any further  posts from editors in this case as I see we have some divergent opinions here. Unsatisfying situation, yes, but there are always ways to show one's opinion one way or the other.

LE

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »
Please do not post the content of personal messages that you may receive on the forum. It's not appropriate. Thanks in advance for respecting this request.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineJosef

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
Love Expresso.  There are rules about what an individual can post on the internet and most of them are supported by all users of all nations.  There are some sites that you need a password to access and within those sites there are yet more rules  Whilst it is fine to express a personal opinion it is not acceptable to defame an individual.  This particular site is visited by posters who are usually emotionally motivated by their love for music, I am here for the same rules.  Of course people from all around the world visit these sites and all of us have different cutural values.  So what might be acceptable to some might upset others, but beyond the differences are the personal attacks which are no longer acceptable due to misfortunate events where harm was done to individuals.  I would be grateful if the premeditated or peer group organised ad hominem attempts to insult an individual would stop.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 39 queries.