Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Favorite song(s) of the Privateering Tour  (Read 9244 times)

OfflineJana

• Camerado
Re: Favorite song(s) of the Privateering Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 12:01:21 PM »
Strangely enough was the final part of TR every time the highlight for me. Having so many times heard it and still excited. Electrifying guitar sound, simply great played by Mark. As well as a final part of Marbletown (thank you Mike!). Change from slow to speedy and powerfully part has a specially effect on me.

With surprising ease I rediscovered this time "I dug up a diamond" and "Back to Tupelo".

Beautifull KoG in Frankfurt - Mark with beautifull new blue Pensa/ DotDS with Nigel on clarinet in Stuttgart / Seattle with Ruth in London. I love them all.

CBC/Gator Blood/IUtC(with Nigel!)/PfP- nice  tunes to have fun and to dance to. Love it!

Bonaparte is gone! Yippee! Hopefully the next candidate to be dropped - Sonny  ;D

I like OShLa und SFA very much, but definitely don't missing BiA.

And reversed, although I never haven't had intense emotions for SoS I missed it sometimes at the concerts.

I realized, that when I get it - I am bored. When I don't get it - I am missing it. HUH. Complicated  :think

HFB and SaN were always my big favs. But this time they weren't so intoxicating as bevore. Maybe to many time heard, maybe becouse of replacement of Danny on the drums.

I hope to hear RTree and especiall YTC next time, just as it happened with "Cleaning my Gun" for me. Don't catch it during GL tour, but this year. Happy!
...yes I need a little water of love...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 12:05:55 PM »
From Guy's forum... A real scandal...

Q:Hi Doc, Is there any particular reason Yon Two Crows was only played a few times only at the beginning of the tour? Thx!   
A:Yes. Mark didn't fancy it.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 05:13:46 PM »

Q:Hi Doc, Is there any particular reason Yon Two Crows was only played a few times only at the beginning of the tour? Thx!   

That is interesting!  It's what we all suspected, but nice to have the confirmation.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »

That is interesting!  It's what we all suspected, but nice to have the confirmation.
It makes sense but it's not a surprise  :disbelief
Mark has always a couple of strange decisions we can't understand.  :hmm 
Not the first , not the the last.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 38 queries.