Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 297122 times)

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
Sorry to spam this thread, but can anyone tell me if this is the Dakota version? I can't quite tell..

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Can't really tell from that pic. Pretty dark anyway.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Sorry to spam this thread, but can anyone tell me if this is the Dakota version? I can't quite tell..

it seems so, but it could also be the lighting, the camera, the pic color, etc... so, difficult to say for sure

links below show the 2 different colors. maybe it could help....

http://www.mk-guitar.com/2011/09/27/the-wrong-colour-of-the-first-mark-knopfler-signature-strats/

http://www.mk-guitar.com/2009/01/06/red-redder-the-reddest-fiesta-dakota-candy-apple-hot-rod-and-more-fender-colours/

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
Thank you. I've found a relatively unknown store in my country which still has one hanging. I'm going to check it out this saturday and see how it feels. I'm just very anxious about all the non-genuine MK strat stories out there. I've seen pictures of the guitar with the original tags and the backplate shows a serial number (can't determine the exact numbers because of the pictures quality.)

Any hints and tips on what I should be looking for when I have it in my hands to determine it's originality? Thanks.

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
It is sometimes really difficult to tell from pictures but otherwise they are rather easy to distinguish: anything that looks like a firetruck is the right one while the very first ones rather look like a glass of dark red wine. Note that the correct hot rod red still varies to some degree, so when comparing two 'right' ones they will still not look the same.

AFAIK only the really early ones were the wrong colour, up to a serial no maybe in the lower hundreds.

In this video you will see a MK Strat in hot rod red, one in the 'wrong' red (similar to dakota red), and a Fender Strat in fiesta red:

my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
Thanks for your reply Ingo. Love your playing.

I've finally picked one up today! Serial number: SE02394. Guess it was made around 2005? It still has all the plastic on it. Very happy with it! Just need to adjust the neck a bit, action is a bit high.

Some pictures:

Edit: O lord, pictures are pretty big. Excuse me.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Welcome to the club! Very nice.

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
Thanks for your reply Ingo. Love your playing.

I've finally picked one up today! Serial number: SE02394. Guess it was made around 2005? It still has all the plastic on it. Very happy with it! Just need to adjust the neck a bit, action is a bit high.

Fez

You are a very lucky boy, enjoy.

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
So it looks like it's my time to join the MK Stratocaster REAL Signature club.
I had the luck to have my MK Strat signed by Mark at Clearwater, Florida.
I packed it up, and brought it with me, on a flight from Ottawa Canada to clearwater Florida
waited outside the venue, for 1 1/2hrs. On the drive in the SUV stopped, Mark rolled down the window
and signed it, I had a couple of other items signed including my vinyl copy of Ragpickers Dreams
all the time we where chatting about the tour.

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
So it looks like it's my time to join the MK Stratocaster REAL Signature club.
I had the luck to have my MK Strat signed by Mark at Clearwater, Florida.
I packed it up, and brought it with me, on a flight from Ottawa Canada to clearwater Florida
waited outside the venue, for 1 1/2hrs. On the drive in the SUV stopped, Mark rolled down the window
and signed it, I had a couple of other items signed including my vinyl copy of Ragpickers Dreams
all the time we where chatting about the tour.

Brian

Lovely strat Brian. And how great is it to meet Mark and have your guitar signed by himself!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Good for you Brian - so pleased for you. Fantastic to both meet the man himself and gain a Signature or three!! It makes your objects of desire soooo personal doesn't it....
All the best
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Nice strat Fez - welcome to the club! (Will update list soon)

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
This is for sale near me, I'd be happy to check it out in person and arrange postage if a fellow AMIT member is interested:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/rare-mark-knopfler-signature-fender-stratocaster/1154884668

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I am seriously thinking about moving SE00860 (Nov 2004 edition) onto a new home as I would like this guitar to get some playing time.
The guitar has hardly been used at all and especially now as I have gone back into Scouting as a Cub Scout Leader of my 'old' Cub Pack it will not get much use at all....
The guitar has one 'dink' near the fretboard which it had when I bought it. The Guitar was owned originally by the website administrator for MK NEWS - Terry Kilburn....
The guitar will come with the Signed Guitar 'Manufacture' label after meeting Mark at Bridport...

I see these are selling for between £1,300.00p & £1,500.00p but I am looking for around: £1,300.00p for this lovely guitar (would rather deliver the guitar myself but I can post at cost)

Sold......(SE00860 is off to sunny Italy)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:48:54 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlinethumbpicker

• Guitar George
Just to update the owners list,  I have just bought MK Strat SE00294 In Dakota Red July 2003. West Midlands. UK.
   It has been well used, but sounds great. It is in need of some tender loving care, which it is receiving at the moment, but I think I have found my main gigging guitar for the foreseeable future.  :D   

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 37 queries.