Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 297085 times)

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Gone!

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Knopfler-Strat-Fender-Artist-Series-USA-/262586933101?hash=item3d23669f6d:g:kuUAAOSwZVlXuJef

Very hot deal for MK Strat — 1050$ buy it now price. Will not last for too long I suppose.

I was just about to pick up my credit card, and then - it was already gone  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Knopfler-Strat-Fender-Artist-Series-USA-/262586933101?hash=item3d23669f6d:g:kuUAAOSwZVlXuJef

Very hot deal for MK Strat — 1050$ buy it now price. Will not last for too long I suppose.

I was just about to pick up my credit card, and then - it was already gone  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I don't know how it happened
It was faster than the eye could flick

It happens if one wants to sell the thing rather than selling it.

I'm sure you will find a great deal like this one Tobben.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:23:40 PM by quizzaciously »

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
This is clearly not my day.

There was one up for sale here in Norway today, made in 2011. I called the seller, and it was just sold..

So sad... So sad... :'(

Love Expresso

Oh, my.....   ::) :-X

Please get out of your self pity hole...

LE

Love Expresso

Sorry for sounding harsh. I know about your circumstances, you mention them occasionally, but stating there was no good day for you during the last 20 years sounds a bit absurd and self pity is the first thing that came to my mind, sorry to say. There's always room in daily life for joy and happiness. Having a place to live with a roof. Or a bed. Or enough to eat. Friends. Family. Fighting back might help, too. Hope you get my point. Just don't play anymore.

LE
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 05:44:52 PM by Love Expresso »

Love Expresso

Good to hear you meant it MUSICALLY, only. Reading your initial post it was not obvious to me. Will not say much more about this case.

LE

Love Expresso

If it would have been clear I would have not replied.
Plus you used to tend to mention your tragic circumstances occasionally also without a special relation to topics or threads. Also it's the risk that people reply to you when posting on an open forum from my point of view.   

LE

Love Expresso

I wonder how many MK Strats will pop up at Ebay.. pretty often that they show up there. Do we know how many got sold?

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I wonder how many MK Strats will pop up at Ebay.. pretty often that they show up there. Do we know how many got sold?

LE

I believe they made plenty of these, I remember searching really rare guitars and MK Strat would pop up almost like a regular Fiesta Strat.
They were popular, and lighting-fast auction endings only proves it. And should we count 11k serial numbers as vague number of units made?

Love Expresso

That could be helpful..  ;D
Never was aware of 11k serial numbers.

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

LE

There's even SE12236 from Canada, so this is at least 12000 units for 10 years. Or in other words, 3¹?? MK Strats made EVERY day :clap

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer

LE

There's even SE12236 from Canada, so this is at least 12000 units for 10 years. Or in other words, 3¹?? MK Strats made EVERY day :clap

But does the number refer to the number of copies? As far as I know some of the numbers in the Strat serial number, at least the first, usually refers to the year of production, but I´m not sure.

Edit: It seems so. I found this on Fender´s official webpage:

SE8(XXXXX)-1988
SE9(XXXXX)-1989

So the first number (at least) is the production year, although you won't know the decade. This makes it difficult to says how many guitars where made, since the number only says something about how many where produced that year (I guess).

http://www2.fender.com/support/articles/u-s-instruments-product-dating/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:05:12 PM by Jarle »
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

LE

But does the number refer to the number of copies? As far as I know some of the numbers in the Strat serial number, at least the first, usually refers to the year of production, but I´m not sure.

Edit: It seems so. I found this on Fender´s official webpage:

SE8(XXXXX)-1988
SE9(XXXXX)-1989

So the first number (at least) is the production year, although you won't know the decade. This makes it difficult to says how many guitars where made, since the number only says something about how many where produced that year (I guess).

http://www2.fender.com/support/articles/u-s-instruments-product-dating/

I think a strong clue for this logic would be if SE13XXX would pop up somewhere since it was discontinued in this year.
And if it was in production from SE00XXX to at least SE12XXXm how come there's 12 years a slave of production? :hmm

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I don't think the regular Fender rules apply to the MK Strat. Mine was built in 2003 but the serial number is 00154.

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 49 queries.