Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 297002 times)

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Sold for £1,900.00p!

Of course, because even Mark himself wouldn't buy it for other than 2000 pounds or dollars whatever. Selling it over 2K is theft.

MKs Fender Signature Strats on some occasions have sold for in excess of £2000.00p, I guess it's whoever is wanting one at the time and also what price they are willing to pay for one - each to their own in my eyes..
Since the cease of production there has been a steady rise in the price of these lovely collectible guitars.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:31:38 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMudrian

• Guitar George
Hello everybody,
I' m new to this forum and , being a big fan of Mark Knopfler, I' m glad I ve found this forum!
Ithe owner of my first fender MK signature since 3 hours...
Serial number is SE03828 (2009).
I think I got a great deal (1600€ with case and goodies ).....I has some dings and strings are the rustiest I ve ever seen , but platics were still on the pickguard and the case locks!!!
I will give it a good cleaning , new 009-046 strings and then I know that at the end of the week end , my fingers will be painful.... :-)
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Congratulations, well done, must be a great feeling
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Hello everybody,
I' m new to this forum and , being a big fan of Mark Knopfler, I' m glad I ve found this forum!
I think I got a great deal (1600€ with case and goodies ).....I has some dings and strings are the rustiest I ve ever seen , but platics were still on the pickguard and the case locks!!!
I will give it a good cleaning , new 009-046 strings and then I know that at the end of the week end , my fingers will be painful.... :-)

Fantastic, I know exactly how excited you are!! all I can say is enjoy!

Where are you from so I can your Strat to the register

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMudrian

• Guitar George
Thank you guys, :wave
I' m from France.

My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineNicholasLewis

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello everybody,
I think I got a great deal for semenax here (1600€ with case and goodies ).....I has some dings and strings are the rustiest I ve ever seen , but platics were still on the pickguard and the case locks!!!

1600€ with case and goodies is really a great deal. Congratulations!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 06:59:52 PM by NicholasLewis »

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 08:54:17 AM by Knopflerfan »

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

hunter

I just for fun spec'd an "MK strat" on the Warmoth guitar parts website - swamp ash body, maple/rosewood neck, nitro paint, Gotoh vintage bridge, vintage styling, Seymour Duncan pickups (Alnico II), etc.

1093 USD for the guitar, plus 135 USD for UPS shipping to the UK, i.e. 1227 USD or 938 GBP. I suppose EU customs duties would come on top of that though.

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Yes indeed there would be nice Customs charge on top and you would be paying for the knowledge it wasn't a genuine MK Strat.....When a few hundred pounds more would secure you one.... :wave

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Some more 'realisation' prices for a couple of MK Strats that were sold recently on Fleabay....

SE05401 - Sold on the 9th April 2019 for £1,450.00p
SE01015 - Sold on the 30th March 2019 for £1,300.00p (Originally up for £1,450.00p)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Yes indeed there would be nice Customs charge on top and you would be paying for the knowledge it wasn't a genuine MK Strat.....When a few hundred pounds more would secure you one.... :wave

I think that we all should remind that fender is a mass guitar and industrial product and designed as it.

The real value of a Fender, unless you get a real vintage that has been cared after, is the brand.

They are what they are, basically good instrument, but let be serious unless Mark decides to let one of the specially built for him, a MK signature is not an exceptional piece of art.

OK for business better it is to have the Fender brand on your neck but you can get as good axes from other manufacturers, and if you can put some extra money get way better build than their "custom shop" by one of the many stringed instrument maker on the market.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
For Sale: SE02903 (Approx 2006 edition) for sale from the Netherlands: 3,490 Euro (£2,992.00p)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Stratocaster-Mark-Knopfler-Hot-Rod-Red-1950s-Inspired-Sultan-of-Swing/283389375772?hash=item41fb52b51c:g:Yv8AAOSwxDxcbpHf

That's bloody expensive  :o

This is what he is asking for.

I like the mention he put below : PRICE TOO HIGH?? EMAIL ME AN OFFER!

That is saying it all.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

I think that we all should remind that fender is a mass guitar and industrial product and designed as it.

The real value of a Fender, unless you get a real vintage that has been cared after, is the brand.

They are what they are, basically good instrument, but let be serious unless Mark decides to let one of the specially built for him, a MK signature is not an exceptional piece of art.

OK for business better it is to have the Fender brand on your neck but you can get as good axes from other manufacturers, and if you can put some extra money get way better build than their "custom shop" by one of the many stringed instrument maker on the market.

The Point I was trying to make was that for me owning a couple of 'MK' Signature Strats mean's a great deal to me and I'm sure to the others who own them on this forum.
Totally agree with you that a 'Custom Shop' Strat would be most probably far superior with regards build but it just wouldn't be an MK Inspired guitar to me......

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.