Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 297167 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
It's a real shame for real fans.

I'll never sell my signed MK strat. Maybe the kids will after I go but I've already used it on hundreds of gigs over the last 16 years...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
It's a real shame for real fans.

I'll never sell my signed MK strat. Maybe the kids will after I go but I've already used it on hundreds of gigs over the last 16 years...

Totally agree. They can bury mine with me, forget the kids!

That one listing really bothered me. Absolutely shocking instrument, dings everywhere, bad fretwear, and did you notice that the nut was probably reglued? No returns accepted, and no COA. No details regarding when and where such autograph took place. Seems like an obvious attempt to extort someone's hard earned cash....

Tempted to actually report the listing to eBay....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
COA means nothing anyway.

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
COA means nothing anyway.

Yes but its a requirement of eBay that one is included in sales of signed items, that was my point....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Ah OK, did not know that. Can't imagine I would ever buy a signed guitar.

I have two signed guitars (MK and Les Paul) but they signed them both in front of me.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
To me it's too funny anyway, it's like stop playing and touring because of people filming with smartphones (which happen constantly for the last 10 years). Just ignore the idiots and play for the rest, is that rocket science for Mark? :lol

I've also heard he won't sign any items with any previous signatures on it. I think MK now needs a dedicated rider for fans :lol

Also, why musical instruments only? Because Mark signs millions of CD's, tickets, merchandise and stuff which goes on eBay anyway :hmm
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:32:56 AM by quizzaciously »

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
To me it's too funny anyway, it's like stop playing and touring because of people filming with smartphones (which happen constantly for the last 10 years). Just ignore the idiots and play for the rest, is that rocket science for Mark? :lol

I've also heard he won't sign any items with any previous signatures on it. I think MK now needs a dedicated rider for fans :lol

Also, why musical instruments only? Because Mark signs millions of CD's, tickets, merchandise and stuff which goes on eBay anyway :hmm

I think its down to the vastly inflated prices these people are asking for said guitars, the listing mentioned being a prime example. Ok so a cd or ticket stub with a sig on it might fetch a reasonable price but you wont find prices inflated by 2000 % as with that ridiculous squire strat which as an instrument was probably worth about £50 in that state yet the seller wants over a grand for it!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
After signing my autograph thousands of times over a 40 year career, I would be getting fed up with doing it too. Mark doesn't have to sign anything for fans, so if he chooses not to sign instruments, that his choice, and it's fine.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinelanaroady

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello everybody,
I' m new to this forum and , being a big fan of Mark Knopfler, I' m glad I ve found this forum!
Ithe owner of my first fender MK signature since 3 hours...
Serial number is SE03828 (2009).
I think I got a great deal (1600€ with case and goodies ).....I has some dings and strings are the rustiest I ve ever seen , but platics were still on the pickguard and the case locks!!! https://www.redadair.com
I will give it a good cleaning , new 009-046 strings and then I know that at the end of the week end , my fingers will be painful.... :-)

In this case you are not belongs with the series of goodies to ruin the entire things

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
That's in line with what they are going for, no?

hunter

The price should be 1700 USD, tops. It's only low supply / high demand which causes these prices. For 2500 USD you can get pre-owned Suhrs and Tom Andersons.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
The price should be 1700 USD, tops. It's only low supply / high demand which causes these prices. For 2500 USD you can get pre-owned Suhrs and Tom Andersons.

Yes, that’s right. The guitar is rare, but not to the point of doubling the price. People have no shame.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
The Reverb article above shows what they are going for, and they are going for more than $2,000

You could say any used guitar isn't worth more than a new one, vintage Les Pauls etc, the reality is that they are worth what anyone will pay for them.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 39 queries.