Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292968 times)

hunter

You could say any used guitar isn't worth more than a new one, vintage Les Pauls etc, the reality is that they are worth what anyone will pay for them.

Vintage guitars is a bit different story, though, especially acoustic guitars, as the wood ages and so on. But I agree with you, they are worth what people are willing to pay. In the case of signature models, unless that "signature" means something to you, or the instrument has some special features you can't get anywhere else, you're better off looking at other options. If you're looking for a guitar to play, of course. Guitars bought as an investment or as a collector's piece are another story.

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
2500 is actually pretty close to what they are actually selling for if they are in almost mint condition. I think the price is high on this particular example on based on condition, but not in general. You will pretty hard pressed to find another strat out there that feels quite the same. I look daily for the right deal on a 3rd one....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Bit of fun :)

I paid £1,300 for my MK Strat in 2003.

According to an online inflation calculator that is £2,038 now.

And £2,038 is...

$2,548 :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

And £2,038 is...

Did you buy yours new?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

And £2,038 is...

Did you buy yours new?
I did.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
SE06094 (2008) - For sale on ebay from the USA.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Fender-Artist-Series-Mark-Knopfler-Stratocaster-Hot-Rod-Red/264399828595?hash=item3d8f753673:g:aSYAAOSwRAZdLXnG

So for less money, I'd buy this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suhr-Standard-Pro-S1-HSS-Rosewood/223605546602?hash=item340fedde6a:g:waQAAOSwAAJdJGup

Yes. Back in the day you had to be just a MK fan to buy a MK Strat, today you have to be mad to spend truck load of money on a non-vintage non-custom shop Strat just because it's discontinued.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Fender-Artist-Series-Mark-Knopfler-Stratocaster-Hot-Rod-Red/264399828595?hash=item3d8f753673:g:aSYAAOSwRAZdLXnG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suhr-Standard-Pro-S1-HSS-Rosewood/223605546602?hash=item340fedde6a:g:waQAAOSwAAJdJGup

Yes. Back in the day you had to be just a MK fan to buy a MK Strat, today you have to be mad to spend truck load of money on a non-vintage non-custom shop Strat just because it's discontinued.
As we have seen, the Knopfler strat will hold it's value better than the Suhr.

hunter

As we have seen, the Knopfler strat will hold it's value better than the Suhr.

Because of limited supply and fans/collectors. As an investment it's a better choice, but not in terms of quality or performance.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I can't comment on the quality of the Suhr, but I do know that my MK Strat is a very fine instrument.

Just saying that even if the Suhr is better, you will take a bit on a new one if you sell.

As the article showed, virtually every signature guitar increases in value once they are out of production.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I can't comment on the quality of the Suhr, but I do know that my MK Strat is a very fine instrument.

Just saying that even if the Suhr is better, you will take a bit on a new one if you sell.

As the article showed, virtually every signature guitar increases in value once they are out of production.

Theres no doubt and speaking from experience too, the MK Strat is a fine, fine Stratocaster. Both of mine play very well indeed...
Goes without saying that any Signature model will gain in price as time goes on...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineFez

• Guitar George

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 45 queries.