Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 293017 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Serial No. 03477 (Approx 2006/07) - For sale on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Mark-Knopfler-Strat/143368955483?hash=item216174a65b:g:eIgAAOSwJytdaVsr

if it's still available in the next life I am gonna buy it  :thumbsup
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
https://reverb.com/item/29133228-2003-fender-mark-knopfler-signature-stratocaster-hot-rod-red

Wow that's a good one, #250. Take it while it's in stock! I'd buy it no question.

OfflineMudrian

• Guitar George
If everything is ok (frets, neck...), it is clearly a bargain.....
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineAll-the-numbers

• Guitar George
  • Yes, I am a bit new on here...
Hi Knopflerfan, this is my very first message on this forum... Just happy to tell you that the MK Strat with serial number SE03411, already on the list, has changed hands... I purchased it to Nicobouds some weeks ago.
Best regards!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Hi Knopflerfan, this is my very first message on this forum... Just happy to tell you that the MK Strat with serial number SE03411, already on the list, has changed hands... I purchased it to Nicobouds some weeks ago.
Best regards!

I'll update the list....congrats on your purchase :wave
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Too bad for Poupystar not meeting MK, worth more than signatures IMHO...

same thought here, I would even be a little bit humiliated, I can get an autograph but I can't even see ? No way

Might as well have bought a tour Litho if he wanted a signature!!!

as the EBay one liner goes...."Shop with confidence.."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mark-Knopfler-Guitar-Strat-Waterslide-Headstock-Decals-Stickers/312756486629?epid=28027378942&hash=item48d1bd41e5:g:6GIAAOSwzFhcIMpS

MK signature guitar headstock decals... now ANY guitar can be a MK signature series....  :disbelief :disbelief

how this is allowed, I will never know....

but maybe i will order some.. i can have MK signature series toilet seats... MK signature series spanners... and so on....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mark-Knopfler-Guitar-Strat-Waterslide-Headstock-Decals-Stickers/312756486629?epid=28027378942&hash=item48d1bd41e5:g:6GIAAOSwzFhcIMpS

MK signature guitar headstock decals... now ANY guitar can be a MK signature series....  :disbelief :disbelief

but maybe i will order some.. i can have MK signature series toilet seats... MK signature series spanners... and so on....

This signature decal thing was available for as long as I live. It's not a bad thing, since you can easily check if the item, say, Strat Neck is "original signature", especially if you witnessed the real deal before, and of course if you can't, purchasing this type of gear is probably getting ahead of yourself (not you in particular, StephanG, just saying). But I agree that putting this decal on your guitar is the stupidest idea ever. It doesn't even do much on the real guitar, except for pleasing Mark and his fans, and the copy just doubles the strangeness of it all.

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George

This signature decal thing was available for as long as I live. It's not a bad thing, since you can easily check if the item, say, Strat Neck is "original signature", especially if you witnessed the real deal before, and of course if you can't, purchasing this type of gear is probably getting ahead of yourself (not you in particular, StephanG, just saying). But I agree that putting this decal on your guitar is the stupidest idea ever. It doesn't even do much on the real guitar, except for pleasing Mark and his fans, and the copy just doubles the strangeness of it all.

a decent management company would be all over this shutting this down...

but sadly, it feeds into the fake/ counterfeit market to catch some unsuspecting buyers further down the road...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Each to their own, they don't make this guitar anymore so someone might want to recreate it for their personal use.

It only becomes a problem when someone tries to sell it as an original...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
this one has been up on ebay for quite some time now - a few months..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Fender-Artist-Series-Mark-Knopfler-Stratocaster-Hot-Rod-Red-Josefina-Campo-/264441805668

I have seen a couple of others come and go at a higher price but this one is still available..
wonder why ?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Original pickups gone.

Replacements may be "better" but anything unoriginal makes it less desirable.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Original pickups gone.

Replacements may be "better" but anything unoriginal makes it less desirable.

100% agreed! :wave

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
Custom shop texas specials are available in every corner store. swapping them back in  to make it original again is a 10 minute job... but then i guess his pricing should reflect that... my time cost alone is $1200 per hour.. :)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Custom shop texas specials are available in every corner store. swapping them back in  to make it original again is a 10 minute job... but then i guess his pricing should reflect that... my time cost alone is $1200 per hour.. :)

Absolutely, can't see how the pickups can be a problem. Everybody know MK Strat has texas specials, so just put these if you want. It's not like he's routed the cavity to put HSS set or something.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

I guess his price should reflect the fact he has 'faffed' around with it in the first place especially as the body paint does chip very easily etc.......
but yet again £1,900.00gbp isn't expensive/unreasonable for this now obsolete guitar....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:33:56 PM by Knopflerfan »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 37 queries.