Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 293002 times)

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
when I wrote to Fender for the manufacture details of my MK strat.. they replied with the specs, and also still claiming its a 57 body and 62 neck..

the tag in the case clearly says its a 62 lightweight ash body.. and 62 neck...

so i have asked them to clarify that for me..

without having to page through 42 pages of posts, i am sure this has been raised before??? Did anyone get the explanation as to the discrepancy?

krgds

so i got a reply from Fender saying, sorry, their database says it should be a 57 body.. so it must have been a typo....  nothing to see here..

sorry, but thats not good enough.. the same typo done over a number of years???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 04:20:04 PM by StephanG »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
when I wrote to Fender for the manufacture details of my MK strat.. they replied with the specs, and also still claiming its a 57 body and 62 neck..

without having to page through 42 pages of posts, i am sure this has been raised before??? Did anyone get the explanation as to the discrepancy?

krgds

so i got a reply from Fender saying, sorry, their database says it should be a 57 body.. so it must have been a typo....  nothing to see here..

Fender are totally correct it is a 57 body and NOT a 62 so the MK tags are incorrect.....
I wonder whether as Knopfler wanted the 57 body they had already printed the tags - who knows??
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:36:29 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
MK Strat body part No. from Fender....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
One of my MK Strat tags (Please excuse the MK signature!) complete with incorrect '62' body listing! Anyone got one with a '57' body listed? Or were they all wrong??

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George

krgds

Fender are totally correct it is a 57 body and NOT a 62 so the MK tags are incorrect.....
I wonder whether as Knopfler wanted the 57 body they had already printed the tags - who knows??

well i got another reply.. and it seems the specs are wrong and the tag is correct, it is a 62 body..

Hello,
I've attached more detailed information on the Mark Knopfler Strat.
You'll see in the parts list the body is listed as 0063073515 = BODY 62 STRAT/SIGN HRR.
Hope this helps, take care and goodbye.

the "goodbye" at the end there seems kinda final, doesnt it..

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I may be wrong on this, but didn't Fender design MK Sig Strat with his 1961 Strat in mind? Would make sense to use 1957 body in that case, because 1962 body didn't exist in 1961. My 50 cents.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

krgds

well i got another reply.. and it seems the specs are wrong and the tag is correct, it is a 62 body..

Hello,
I've attached more detailed information on the Mark Knopfler Strat.
You'll see in the parts list the body is listed as 0063073515 = BODY 62 STRAT/SIGN HRR.
Hope this helps, take care and goodbye.

the "goodbye" at the end there seems kinda final, doesnt it..

OK, cool so we all have '62' Strat bodies then and not 57's......Yes the 'Goodbye' could be implied to be a bit rude!!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I may be wrong on this, but didn't Fender design MK Sig Strat with his 1961 Strat in mind? Would make sense to use 1957 body in that case, because 1962 body didn't exist in 1961. My 50 cents.

As far as I was aware MK's Strat had to be something like Hank's (Hank Marvin) Stratocaster in the early 60's so a '62' body would be ideal...

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
im just surprised that it appears to have taken this long for someone to notice the error...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
im just surprised that it appears to have taken this long for someone to notice the error...

Actually there isn't an error where we as owners are concerned is there? We have '62' bodies with tags that tell us so....

But Fender themselves obviously got a bit confused!!! :wave

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George

Actually there isn't an error where we as owners are concerned is there? We have '62' bodies with tags that tell us so....

But Fender themselves obviously got a bit confused!!! :wave

well, it is an error when its marketed as a 57 body on all sales brochures and websites, but what you get is a 62...

clearly a failure in communication between Fenders marketing department and their production line..

in all the books available about fender guitars it says its a 57...

but then, hell, if they couldnt even get the first batches colour right, whats a small typo among friends, right?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
but then, hell, if they couldnt even get the first batches colour right, whats a small typo among friends, right?

:lol :lol :lol

Guitar companies is a disaster nowadays, guitars built even in the 90s is night and day comparing to the recent ones, pretty much like with cars. Compare a Mercedes from the 90s to a Mercedes from the late 2000s early 2010s! For this reason many players already switched to more advanced makers like PRS, Suhr, etc...

I still remember the day I've bought a brand new Gibson Les Paul (not Fender, but still) and it had so much trouble going on, it was literally the day I've decided I'll never buy a Les Paul again, because the craftsmanship was outstandingly awful. Notoriously so! I was so mad I wanted to destroy this thing and throw it out of the window, because it won't even stay in tune even with nut sauce applied. Oh my god.

I don't know what's the deal with 62 and 57 body. Anybody know the real difference between them? Maybe Ingo? So just get to know the difference, measure any MK Strat and we'll know the truth. As far as I can see it's not a major spec because nobody even know what's the difference which I find hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:06:59 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
Thanks for the comments chaps,
I have no other hang tags with the guitar that are specific to this instrument, others are general Fender stuff.
Either Fender switched to a 62 body some time in the production run or I have a bitsa.
I am inclined to think that the guitar is genuine but why would Fender switch the body spec to make what was effectively a 62 re issue when they allready had a 62 re issue available.
If it is a bitsa where did the body come from? What other strats did Fender make with a 62 hot rod red nitro body?
I think this may take an e mail to Fender to sort out!

Been away for a while but this question of the 57 body concerned me back in 2014 way back in this thread!!!!!!
I know mine is a genuine instrument but was always concerned that the paperwork/tags didnt make sense.
I never had a reply from Fender about my concerns.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Thanks for the comments chaps,
I have no other hang tags with the guitar that are specific to this instrument, others are general Fender stuff.
Either Fender switched to a 62 body some time in the production run or I have a bitsa.
I am inclined to think that the guitar is genuine but why would Fender switch the body spec to make what was effectively a 62 re issue when they allready had a 62 re issue available.
If it is a bitsa where did the body come from? What other strats did Fender make with a 62 hot rod red nitro body?
I think this may take an e mail to Fender to sort out!

Been away for a while but this question of the 57 body concerned me back in 2014 way back in this thread!!!!!!
I know mine is a genuine instrument but was always concerned that the paperwork/tags didnt make sense.
I never had a reply from Fender about my concerns.

Big companies also do make mistakes... I remember the time when NASA lost a spacecraft due to a metric math mistake: https://www.simscale.com/blog/2017/12/nasa-mars-climate-orbiter-metric/

So I think after some companies losing hundreds of millions of dollars due to simple math mistakes I don't think that this was Fender's intention. Or they are super geniuses who really know to do their tags.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.