Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292785 times)

hunter

Great and really well-executed project, man.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Finally after many many many years I am entitled to join this prestigious society.  :)

SE12199 in PRI-STI-NE condition. Basically case kept during the years. Not scratch not a mark on it. Except for Mark's name itself.  ;D

I am sooo happy today  :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineJensen

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Congratulations and the best wishes.

hunter

Finally after many many many years I am entitled to join this prestigious society.  :)

SE12199 in PRI-STI-NE condition. Basically case kept during the years. Not scratch not a mark on it. Except for Mark's name itself.  ;D

Photos, or it didn't happen!  ;D  Congratulations!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo

Photos, or it didn't happen!  ;D  Congratulations!

Coming tomorrow!

I just got home from the 11,5 hours total on the road acquiring it today.  :D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
A beauty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

hunter

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
Pic, since it did happen  ;D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dk03cKa5_dMkLXEtoDHIM20xTpjS1dBQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Nice indeed.

Do you deck the tremolo, or do you keep it floating?

Previous owner had it decked by all five springs. I like it that way too actually. I hate it when the tremolo block raises up like a heel

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
Thank you for your kind congratulations!

hunter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dk03cKa5_dMkLXEtoDHIM20xTpjS1dBQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Nice indeed.

Previous owner had it decked by all five springs. I like it that way too actually. I hate it when the tremolo block raises up like a heel

Depends on your playing style, I suppose. If you don't use the tremolo bar, or use a lot of country / pedal steel bends, then it's best to deck it. I always thought Strats feel a bit too stiff when decked, especially with five springs. Some also argue Strats sound better when the trem is floating :)

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo

Nice indeed.

Depends on your playing style, I suppose. If you don't use the tremolo bar, or use a lot of country / pedal steel bends, then it's best to deck it. I always thought Strats feel a bit too stiff when decked, especially with five springs. Some also argue Strats sound better when the trem is floating :)

Maybe so yes.

Does anyone know how MK has his ones setup?

hunter

Nice indeed.

Maybe so yes.

Does anyone know how MK has his ones setup?

Maybe ask Richard? I'm sure Guy doesn't have a clue, unless they are in the studio and Glenn Saggers is around. Mark uses one without the bar and one with the bar, doesn't he? I'm curious if he just decks the one without the bar, or he actually blocks it by putting a piece of wood inside the trem cavity. I think Clapton does this.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:53:43 AM by hunter »

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle

Beautiful picture!

I would like to pick up on this one and ask you guys for the most color accurate picture of Hot Rod Red. I have seen a Knopfler Sig recently signed by Mark himself at the Thomann HQ in Germany. To me, Hot Rod Red looks like red with a little bit of mixed in orange (example: check the HRR Strat with the rosewood neck)

I have seen pictures of the MK Sig looking totally pink as well like here: https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/fender-mark-knopfler-signature-stratocaster-8-1536x975.jpg

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 47 queries.