Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292989 times)

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
There is worn and there is Rorys Strat, he must have had sweat like paint stripper!

OfflineMudrian

• Guitar George
Although disregarded by most, a factor that might have also played a role in this was that the guitar was left in a rainy ditch for days at some point in 1966. A few days prior to this, Rory’s Strat was stolen from him during alongside a Telecaster that he borrowed from a friend to use as a slide guitar for the upcoming gig in Dublin. Rory decided to contact the producers of the television show called “Garda Patrol”, who then featured the guitar in one their segments that supposedly revolved around helping people locate their lost stuff (if you happen to know anything about this particular show, please contact us as we are curious to find if the original recording of this program is still available somewhere). A few days passed and the guitar was found abandoned in a ditch, and following that was successfully returned to Rory who swore never to lose sight of it again.
Above is a quote from an article of "ground guitar" wete it s mention that , the strat worn was also the result of sitting several days in a ditch fter being stolen.
But for sure , rry's sweat must have been very corrosive.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineGuitarChris

• Guitar George
  • We are the Sultans, we are the Sultans of Swing
Interesting side note.
You can register your Fender products on the Fender website. If you enter your serial number they show you the product with this number and you can register it to your profile.

I have searched for the the Signature guitars owned by Mark with the serial numbers SE00000 and SE00001.

They find the SE00000 guitar but not the SE00001. That's strange  :think

Unfortunately the serial number 68354 of his 1961 Stratocaster is also assigned to a monitor and only the monitor appears on the Fender website. It would be nice if they would list such a historic guitar under this number.
Owner of a Fender Stratocaster Mark Knopfler Signature

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Thanks GuitarChris, just registered mine. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineGuitarChris

• Guitar George

You're welcome dustyvalentino  :)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Could you post the link to do this Dusty? Thanks
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineGuitarChris

• Guitar George
Hi Knopflerfan, this is the link:

https://start.fender.com/

Could you post the link to do this Dusty? Thanks

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
https://reverb.com/uk/item/26243830-mark-knopfler-signed-fender-stratocaster-rosewood-fingerboard?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1726164661&utm_content=campaignid=1726164661_adgroupid=70264195649_productpartitionid=821893886307=merchantid=260516511_productid=26243830_keyword=_device=c_adposition=_matchtype=_creative=391637461803&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIipTayJWq7QIVUGQVCB1NSgmlEAEYASABEgL44PD_BwE

Not a signature model.

I wonder when he would have played it?

This is the fate of all these random prizes and giveaways. I remember 1 or 2 giveaways with MK guitars (not MK strats!), must've been one of those. Either way, these prizes end up on eBay as easily as all the autographed items, acquired by various Rüdigers all over the world. Can't believe Mark does it at all.

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hi all

there is a mint Knopfler Stratocaster at Mercatino Musicale in Italy. I tried talking to the seller to reduce the price but he is firm at 2900 Euro. For me this is too much for factory level Strat. Spoke to Thomann and they can copy this guitar as a Custom Shop version for 3500 Euro with ash body sorted for weight, without the signature.

hunter

Hi all

there is a mint Knopfler Stratocaster at Mercatino Musicale in Italy. I tried talking to the seller to reduce the price but he is firm at 2900 Euro. For me this is too much for factory level Strat. Spoke to Thomann and they can copy this guitar as a Custom Shop version for 3500 Euro with ash body sorted for weight, without the signature.

From Fender Custom Shop?

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hi all

From Fender Custom Shop?

The Fender Custom Shop can build you any configuration of a Fender guitar you can imagine. They can also build you a Strat with the same configuration as a Mark Knopfler Strat, minus the signature (because that's a licensing topic). That Strat would probably be much better than a production level Mark Knopfler Strat because the Custom Shop has superior work quality and better materials plus more options (like hand wound pickups, an equally thin but more durable finish etc)

The CS Strat starts at 3500 Euro. Knopfler Strats in mint conditions go for around 3k without shipping, insurance. So you are nearly en par already. Unless you are lucky buying a 2nd hand Knopfler in good condition at that money levels becomes absurd. Even if you get a scratched one for 2200-2500, it is simply not worth it compared to getting a light years better guitar for a 1000 Euro more.

hunter

Hi all

From Fender Custom Shop?

The Fender Custom Shop can build you any configuration of a Fender guitar you can imagine. They can also build you a Strat with the same configuration as a Mark Knopfler Strat, minus the signature (because that's a licensing topic). That Strat would probably be much better than a production level Mark Knopfler Strat because the Custom Shop has superior work quality and better materials plus more options (like hand wound pickups, an equally thin but more durable finish etc)

The CS Strat starts at 3500 Euro. Knopfler Strats in mint conditions go for around 3k without shipping, insurance. So you are nearly en par already. Unless you are lucky buying a 2nd hand Knopfler in good condition at that money levels becomes absurd. Even if you get a scratched one for 2200-2500, it is simply not worth it compared to getting a light years better guitar for a 1000 Euro more.

Right. I was just under the impression there for a second that Thomann has some kind of "in-house" custom shop.

If I were to get an MK clone, I'd source parts from Warmoth or the like and have a luthier assemble and set it up. I'd also get different pickups and upgrade the trem to a Gotoh 510 (six screws, bent-steel saddles). Of course, then it's not a clone anymore :)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Hi all

This is a ridiculous price indeed. Good luck to this guy selling this guitar to a man who has some extreme trouble with maths and Google at the same time. He's selling it like it's the last MK Strat in existence!

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
Can i add mines to the list?

SE10940 has been with me in Sunny Scotland since February 2013. I started my first "proper" job in October 2012 and saved as much as i could from my salary to get this guitar. Thankfully by February i had saved enough and managed to pick a new one up as a birthday present to myself!

Almost 8 years and many guitars later, it is still my pride and joy!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 41 queries.