Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292919 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Can i add mines to the list?

SE10940 has been with me in Sunny Scotland since February 2013. I started my first "proper" job in October 2012 and saved as much as i could from my salary to get this guitar. Thankfully by February i had saved enough and managed to pick a new one up as a birthday present to myself!

Almost 8 years and many guitars later, it is still my pride and joy!

Great stuff, where in Scotland are you? (Aberdeen here)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado

SE10940 has been with me in Sunny Scotland since February 2013. I started my first "proper" job in October 2012 and saved as much as i could from my salary to get this guitar. Thankfully by February i had saved enough and managed to pick a new one up as a birthday present to myself!

I'm in Irvine, North Ayrshire.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

About an hour/50 miles from myself, just outside Falkirk!  :wave
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
https://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm/a_fender-mark-knopfler-signature-collezione_id6789465.html

Is that for sale? Ridiculous price anyway.

Pavel there is one for sale in Moscow. Check reverb. The guy wants 3k Euro but this includes reverb and PayPal fees. If you get this off-reverb and cash you can reduce the price significantly.

https://reverb.com/item/37416989-fender-mark-knopfler-signature-stratocaster-2012-hot-rod-red

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
https://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm/a_fender-mark-knopfler-signature-collezione_id6789465.html

Pavel there is one for sale in Moscow. Check reverb. The guy wants 3k Euro but this includes reverb and PayPal fees. If you get this off-reverb and cash you can reduce the price significantly.

https://reverb.com/item/37416989-fender-mark-knopfler-signature-stratocaster-2012-hot-rod-red

Thank you for a great find, although I'm too broke of a guy, I can barely buy it if you divide the price by 10 maybe, not because I'm literally broke, but because I have other priorities. And even if I had the money, I don't know if I even want a signature guitar anyway. I'm probably selfish enough to think that I don't like someone else's signature on my guitar, but I don't want one. While you could get one for 1000-1500 dollars, maybe yes, but now all MK's signature guitars are absolutely out of the question for their ridiculous prices.

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado

Thank you for a great find, although I'm too broke of a guy, I can barely buy it if you divide the price by 10 maybe, not because I'm literally broke, but because I have other priorities. And even if I had the money, I don't know if I even want a signature guitar anyway. I'm probably selfish enough to think that I don't like someone else's signature on my guitar, but I don't want one. While you could get one for 1000-1500 dollars, maybe yes, but now all MK's signature guitars are absolutely out of the question for their ridiculous prices.

sure no prob. It is indeed not the most wise bang for buck decision you can take ;-) If you really want a good Strat at a good price, check out the American Vintage Series 2013-2018. This guitar was 100% vintage correct like the old ones. Fender modified these guitars later to make them more modern, unfortunately. You can get them at 1000-1500 Euro

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Welcome knopfler1 - I've duly added your beast to the list.... :wave
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Both MK's now registered.....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
Dear all

happy to introduce you to SE8038.

I got her completely unplayed and with the original factory strings (!) for a pretty decent price. She has her home in Austria now.

I have to say that I am impressed about how good this guitar is considering that it's a factory one. I think it sounds and feels like a decent Custom Shop Team Built Strat. This is not like some people claimed an American Vintage Reissue 62 Strat with different pickups and color. It is above.

Obviously there are natural limitations to this guitar like the tremolo assembly with the block with the deep tremolo holes or the machine wound Texas Specials, but she really holds her own. Very impressive, really. The tone is on the modern side of things, you feel that the TX Specials are hotter and the RW/RP gives a slightly different tone as well. It is different than a vintage voiced Strat but that is fine. I can imagine that Knopfler would play such a Strat on the stage.

The Strat is pretty light weight (around 3kg).

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Nice one!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineMudrian

• Guitar George
congratulations, and enjoy playing it as it deserves.... :thumbsup :thumbsup
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
Thank you so much guys! What do I need to do to be added to the owners list? ;-)

How do you find out the manufacturing date?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 11:26:46 AM by Tomcaster »

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Thank you so much guys! What do I need to do to be added to the owners list? ;-)

How do you find out the manufacturing date?

You need to await the MK Sig Guru's approval.  ;)

I'm posting his response to me regarding the very same question I had when I got mine.

Fill in the form below stating it's a Fender Mark Knopfler Signature Series Stratocaster and mention your serial number...

https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=174023
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 37 queries.