Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 293048 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Its absolutely no wonder it's been for sale for some time....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado

Still asking a ridiculous price though :lol Because that still is a MK Strat!

This one is a ridiculous price $11K usd, this is why Mark stopped signing stuff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHED-FENDER-GUITAR-Mark-Knopfler/133361313183?hash=item1f0cf4259f:g:m6cAAOSwUyZebWDE

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Supposedly stage used but no proof...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Supposedly stage used but no proof...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!

Not really much info considering the person wants as much as that...no serial number, paperwork on show either....proof of signature?!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle

This one is a ridiculous price $11K usd, this is why Mark stopped signing stuff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHED-FENDER-GUITAR-Mark-Knopfler/133361313183?hash=item1f0cf4259f:g:m6cAAOSwUyZebWDE

Brian

him stopping signing stuff is counter-productive.. as the ones that he has signed can now command a higher price due to their rarity... admittedly, not $11,000.. but the rarer something is the more it can sell for... he should have done the opposite and signed more stuff.. making his autograph so widely available it loses its value.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Brian

him stopping signing stuff is counter-productive.. as the ones that he has signed can now command a higher price due to their rarity... admittedly, not $11,000.. but the rarer something is the more it can sell for... he should have done the opposite and signed more stuff.. making his autograph so widely available it loses its value.

Also, it's funny that he won't sign guitars for strangers, and yet he signs guitars for competitions with randomly assigned winners, which makes no sense.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Brian

Same old topic again, but it's a sad old world where people buy/sell autographs. Wouldn't sell any of mine as they are worth more than money. Mind you meeting and speaking to 'The master' and shaking his hand beats any ink on paper!!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Same old topic again, but it's a sad old world where people buy/sell autographs. Wouldn't sell any of mine as they are worth more than money. Mind you meeting and speaking to 'The master' and shaking his hand beats any ink on paper!!

Fully agree... I have a STP cd signed by Mk with my name written by him that worths to me more money that I could ever ask for it, as I never expected he would ask me my name to sign it, I was so delighted!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

Also, it's funny that he won't sign guitars for strangers, and yet he signs guitars for competitions with randomly assigned winners, which makes no sense.

On the contrary THAT is the whole difference.

Signed guitars for competitions are (usually if not always) for raising money to charity and the signature is meant to have a commercial value.

But when Mark signed a guitar to you it was meant to be a personal gift not a dirty resale business.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
Look at this

https://reverb.com/item/38298955-fender-stratocaster-mark-knopfler-hot-rod-red-1950-s-inspired-sultan-of-swing

the last one (mint, with all stickers and hang tags) was sold by RJV in mid 2020; price range of 3000-3200. I got a completely mint one well below 3k recently.

I see that somebody already has the guitar in the shopping basket. Hopefully the poor soul reads this forum. For 4k, you can buy yourself a luxury version of that guitar from the Fender Custom Shop, including hand wound Texas Specials, PIO caps, better pots, selected wood, vintage correct tremolo block etc.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 12:19:58 PM by Tomcaster »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Asking price doesn't mean it will sell for that I guess...

The "touch-ups" don't look good from those pics.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Asking price doesn't mean it will sell for that I guess...

The "touch-ups" don't look good from those pics.

You mean this? Sorry for the picture size...

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Yeah, there was another one as well.

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
his wife is missing a bottle of nail varnish...

and he couldn't be bothered to actually read the case tag stating its a 62 body.... and not a 57 body..

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
I recognize this guitar from RJV now. It’s the one that was advertised in Italy for 2200 Euro!

If you zoom closer you will see that somebody has enlarged the Pickguard indent at the neck heel. This is not the only thing. Somebody drilled a hole into the body to enlarge access to truss rod screw. I know this because the Italian guy has sent me pictures when I inquired about that very guitar from him

The Pickguard color is not original either.

*EDITED: I spoke to RJV on Reverb. He made the mistake not to realize that he was sold a fraud by the seller from Italy. RJV now also discovered that somebody has drilled a hum bucker route at the bridge pickup.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:05:11 PM by Tomcaster »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.