Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292988 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I recognize this guitar from RJV now. It’s the one that was advertised in Italy for 2200 Euro!

If you zoom closer you will see that somebody has enlarged the Pickguard indent at the neck heel. This is not the only thing. Somebody drilled a hole into the body to enlarge access to truss rod screw. I know this because the Italian guy has sent me pictures when I inquired about that very guitar from him

The Pickguard color is not original either.

I did not know that RJV could pull of scams. I am disappointed.

I hope Mark will be able to relaunch the signature Strat because the situation is ridiculous now. Countless fake and goofed guitars are floating around commanding outrageous prices, to me personally the idea of getting an MK Strat is now gone completely. No, thanks, I don't want to be a part of this.

It's quite obvious that the demand is still there and seeing the insane and amazing success of his Signature Les Paul, which is 3-5-10 times more valuable than a Strat is especially strange. They will sell like hotcakes, just make some more.

hunter

I recognize this guitar from RJV now. It’s the one that was advertised in Italy for 2200 Euro!

If you zoom closer you will see that somebody has enlarged the Pickguard indent at the neck heel. This is not the only thing. Somebody drilled a hole into the body to enlarge access to truss rod screw. I know this because the Italian guy has sent me pictures when I inquired about that very guitar from him

I hope Mark will be able to relaunch the signature Strat because the situation is ridiculous now. Countless fake and goofed guitars are floating around commanding outrageous prices, to me personally the idea of getting an MK Strat is now gone completely. No, thanks, I don't want to be a part of this.

It's quite obvious that the demand is still there and seeing the insane and amazing success of his Signature Les Paul, which is 3-5-10 times more valuable than a Strat is especially strange. They will sell like hotcakes, just make some more.

That's totally up to Fender, though, not Mark.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 06:28:14 AM by hunter »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

It was available for a long time, nearly 10 years? A very small number of people are still trying to buy it. Believe me, if it was in Fender’s interest to rerelease it, they would.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
I found the picture that I got from the original seller from Italy. You clearly see that somebody chiseled wood from underneath the truss rod access.

*EDITED for the reasons mentioned in another post. RJV did not look carefully enough and became a victim of the Italian seller as well.

Check out the new reverb pictures with the hum bucker route. This is a good lesson how careful we as buyers need to be https://reverb.com/item/38298955-fender-stratocaster-mark-knopfler-hot-rod-red-1950-s-inspired-sultan-of-swing
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:08:45 PM by Tomcaster »

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
Believe me, if it was in Fender’s interest to rerelease it, they would.

except they couldn't even if they wanted to, there's that whole pesky matter of licensing from MKs side..

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinelcc77

• Guitar George
I owned #SE09449 which is the guitar Mark admires at 3:43

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 09:56:35 PM by lcc77 »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I owned #SE09449 which is the guitar Mark admires at 3:43

Owned?? Do you still own it?
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinelcc77

• Guitar George
I still own it of course, bought a few years ago after seeing the documentary and phoned to this store.
A lucky guy from France.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 12:57:32 AM by lcc77 »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I still own it of course, bought a few years ago after seeing the documentary and phoned to this store.
A lucky guy from France.

Lol I thought that was a staged performance, sort of a deus ex machina moment, where Mark just walks down the street and here's a signature guitar with an autograph. Always seemed so staged lol, or Mark knows every shop in London that sells his Strat? Well, pretty sure at least they brought it out on display for shooting at least.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
A lucky guy from France.

Lol I thought that was a staged performance, sort of a deus ex machina moment, where Mark just walks down the street and here's a signature guitar with an autograph. Always seemed so staged lol, or Mark knows every shop in London that sells his Strat? Well, pretty sure at least they brought it out on display for shooting at least.

That was Newcastle ;)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
A lucky guy from France.

what a story!!!! congrats!!!!!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
A lucky guy from France.

Hahahahaha, I love it when MK and JI walk by the window of 'JG Windows' music shop in Newcastle and there happens to be an MK Signature Strat in the window!!! Cheesy but cool.....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
A lucky guy from France.

Fantastic - welcome to the owners list!!

Offlinelcc77

• Guitar George
Thanks !
Below "the real object of desire"  :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 39 queries.