Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292934 times)

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

hunter

Interesting only for die-hard fans and collectors.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
Yep, that looks like it's been out of it's case for a while, as the pick guard has "aged" and changed colour (mine is even more of a tan colour), but doesn't look as if it's been played. When I realised what had happened to the "mint green" pickguard on mine it went back into it's case and only comes out when I want to play it !
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Yep, that looks like it's been out of it's case for a while, as the pick guard has "aged" and changed colour (mine is even more of a tan colour), but doesn't look as if it's been played. When I realised what had happened to the "mint green" pickguard on mine it went back into it's case and only comes out when I want to play it !

Gotta add another 1,000$ for the price then since it’s “aged” now :lol

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Could just be the lighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
3Strats might have a point. The contrast between the pickup covers and the pickguard is less than usual, as if the pickguard lost some greeninsh hue. Alternatively, maybe somebody changed the plastics. the vendor might not know the guitar that well... but it looks superb like that for sure

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
I'd say that has gone the same way as mine due to exposure to the light. I kept mine on a rack  with the lower side facing the light. I realised it was changing colour from the mint green when I saw there were small lighter patches that had been in the shadow of the knobs and switch !  ( the value of mine is shot anyway as I've managed to put 3 small "dings" and a small scrape in the lacquer ) :smack  The finish IS ridiculously delicate.   You can see the pale "shadows" on this shot which was taken 6 years ago:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dtvaviationimages/16680297931/in/album-72157627669196085/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 08:58:15 PM by 3Strats »
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I'd say that has gone the same way as mine due to exposure to the light. I kept mine on a rack  with the lower side facing the light. I realised it was changing colour from the mint green when I saw there were small lighter patches that had been in the shadow of the knobs and switch !  ( the value of mine is shot anyway as I've managed to put 3 small "dings" and a small scrape in the lacquer ) :smack  The finish IS ridiculously delicate.   You can see the pale "shadows" on this shot which was taken 6 years ago:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dtvaviationimages/16680297931/in/album-72157627669196085/
That’s really funny!

That hasn’t happened to mine at all, although I guess it’s mostly been in it’s case when I’m not at a gig or rehearsal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
https://reverb.com/item/39692750-fender-stratocaster-mark-knopfler-hot-rod-red-2004
Hoo mama. Not cheap!

Yes, it costs more than my car... :lol

Sold!

If it did sell for the asking price I would dare to say that the normalised market value soon is pushing 4000 Euro.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Crazy, just put some Texas Specials in a Body / neck you're already happy with and you are good to go!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Crazy, just put some Texas Specials in a Body / neck you're already happy with and you are good to go!

Might as well put a printed signature decal like on the "real deal" :lol

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
https://guitarhunter.dk/product/fender-mark-knopfler-signature-stratocaster-in-hot-rod-red/

Possible lead (no pictures yet), somebody please scoop this up before I am tempted too lol....

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 39 queries.