Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 293010 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
https://guitarhunter.dk/product/fender-mark-knopfler-signature-stratocaster-in-hot-rod-red/

Possible lead (no pictures yet), somebody please scoop this up before I am tempted too lol....

Pic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNrv_kQMjSo/

2150 Euro is a no-brainer

The seller be like: Oh, I forgot to put one zero after the price, it's 21,500 euros! Because this 100% unique guitar will never be produced ever again!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Already sold  ;D

People must be lurking this thread pretty hard.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
One for sale here in the UK, not particularly far away from me......Quite a price I'd say...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Mark-Knopfler-Stratocaster-/133732616549?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
One for sale here in the UK, not particularly far away from me......Quite a price I'd say...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Mark-Knopfler-Stratocaster-/133732616549?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Especially for a beat-up guitar like this.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Especially for a beat-up guitar like this.
Beat up and modded!

Let’s see if it sells.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
Love the deep scratch on the back coming from the tremolo cavity

Mine has the same, its where I slipped with the pliers when I was removing the springs before a string change!

:smack

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Mine has the same, its where I slipped with the pliers when I was removing the springs before a string change!

I think the owner was inspired by the image on the magazine and tried to beat it up to look like Gary's Stratocaster :lol

By the way, it could be sold via Best Offer.

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
I will be interested to see if it sells, it is almost identical condition to mine (my paintwork has a few more chips and marks) and the serial number is close to mine so I guess it is a 2010 model.
The best ones are used, but I would say that!

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle

such stuff can normally be polished out by a good luthier if needed

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Not on my MK strat but I managed to drop a soldering iron right on to the top of my Gretsch when I was changing pickups, you just curse yourself when you do it don't you!

I managed to get a close match with some nail polish and you can only see it if you are very close up now.

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
Some of the marks on mine really tick me off as it is pure carelessness on my part, other wear marks are kinda cool I think.
May well get it re finished and start all over again!
I presume Mark stipulated no primer on this model which is probably why the paint falls off.
Still keen to see what a scruffy one sells for though.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
In the vintage guitar world a refinish typically devalues a guitar by 50%...

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
I know, difficult decision!
When I first got it I bought it as it was a gorgeous red Strat at the right price. It could have been an AVRI, Clapton, Chris Rea, Marvin etc. I didn't really care, I wanted a red Strat and this one was available.
It has been used for gigs, lots of band practice/rehearsal and home use. It is only in the last few years that I realised what I had was a bit more rare than the average red Strat, by this time the damage was done!
Do you think a guitar like this would be more valuable in scruffy condition than re finished? Its hardly vintage but one day it will be I suppose!
I guess we will see if the one on Ebay sells.
Not planning on selling mine anyway, just interested.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I know, difficult decision!
When I first got it I bought it as it was a gorgeous red Strat at the right price. It could have been an AVRI, Clapton, Chris Rea, Marvin etc. I didn't really care, I wanted a red Strat and this one was available.
It has been used for gigs, lots of band practice/rehearsal and home use. It is only in the last few years that I realised what I had was a bit more rare than the average red Strat, by this time the damage was done!
Do you think a guitar like this would be more valuable in scruffy condition than re finished? Its hardly vintage but one day it will be I suppose!
I guess we will see if the one on Ebay sells.
Not planning on selling mine anyway, just interested.

Apart from the printed MK signature, SE serial number, and some case candy, I'd say it's a pretty average Strat. I know hardcore fans always say that it's much better than a regular strat, but come on... Why does it need to? When I was a kid I used to look at it on the Fender website thinking "I'll never be able to buy this thing". It was something like $1000 for a beat-up one like this and $1500 for a mint one, I remember it pretty well. And this is exactly a price of an average "good" Strat.

The prices are truly offending me, for some reason Gibson Chet Atkins would never gain at price even after Chet Atkins' death and after the production ended back in 2001, but Mark Knopfler Stratocaster prices skyrocketed as if it was made out of gold and 150 guitars were made overall. People are just greedy AF, and I don't care that they think it's a rare guitar. They just want an extremely ridiculous margin and it pisses me off. I don't recommend buying this guitar.

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
@Pavel the Knopfler Strat was great value when it was sold because, at least to my experience, it is in average better than an American Vintage Series or American Original Series. For the crazy values it is being sold now, it is certainly not worth it. I have written a couple of pages back: take that money, go to the Fender Custom Shop, get a clone of that guitar with some important sonic differences to the original like better trem block, hand wound pickups, side seam in the body, rift sawn neck. If you get a really great MK Sig at a moderate price you can try to upgrade these elements, but buying one for 3.5k and then upgrade is burning money.

Having owned that guitar for a couple of months now I think I would actually prefer Fiesta to Hot Rod Red as well...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.