Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292814 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Again, the price only makes sense for collectors and fans, and as with everything else in a free market economy, it all depends on supply and demand.

But the seller writes that Mark is supposed to have been involved in selecting the wood. I doubt it, but does anyone know?

There was something with regards the wood but cannot remember what. Unfortunately he's tinkered with the electrics so it's not solely original...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Ah that's it, ALL MK strats are made from Ash and not the conventional Alder....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

Ah that's it, ALL MK strats are made from Ash and not the conventional Alder....

Yes, MK's specifications were swamp ash body and maple neck with rosewood fretboard, which is not a common combination. But the seller kind of suggested that MK had been involved in selecting the woods. I'd think the good people at Fender would know a bit more about wood selection than him LOL

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Yes, MK's specifications were swamp ash body and maple neck with rosewood fretboard, which is not a common combination. But the seller kind of suggested that MK had been involved in selecting the woods. I'd think the good people at Fender would know a bit more about wood selection than him LOL

I agree unless MK is a bit of a woodturner??

hunter

I don't quite have that impression ha-ha

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

I don't quite have that impression ha-ha

I suspect he was shown the available woods and also the specs of them, he obviously chose what he thought or indeed what Fender advised....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Just for comparison to some of the 'Highly' priced MK Sig examples currently on 'fleabay' a nice condition SE05506 sold for £1,900.00p..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234104029801?hash=item3681b00269:g:6YgAAOSwPSpg~Y1b#vi__app-cvip-panel

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Good, so we know what the actual going rate is for one of these now, not just crazy asking prices.

That looks like a nice one.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Good, so we know what the actual going rate is for one of these now, not just crazy asking prices.

That looks like a nice one.

Indeed, it looked a lovely guitar, approx 2008/09 edition with original case and most of the 'candy' still present. Good price I'd say...

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
Re: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list
« Reply #1044 on: September 22, 2021, 05:27:09 PM »
I think I did a dumb thing in the heat of the moment!
A current, very popular (mostly with kids half my age) band were filming a video at a place close to my work.
A guy I know who works at the studio came to see me asking to borrow a Fender tremelo arm as one had gone missing and they were desperate. I went home and got my MK Strat (the only Fender I own) and left it with their guitar tec to use the tremelo arm or whole guitar as needed.
Until I see the video I will not know if they used the instrument but somehow I doubt it.
For some strange reason I then asked if the guys would sign the guitar for me, they did. Very kind of them.
Now I dont know if these  guys have even heard of Mark Knopfler and I have their signatures on my M.K. Strat.
To T cut or not to T cut, that is the question.
First world problems eh?

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list
« Reply #1045 on: September 22, 2021, 05:52:01 PM »
Ha.

I'll be the first to ask. Who are they?!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
« Reply #1046 on: September 22, 2021, 05:58:52 PM »
I dont wanna say!
Just out of courtesy to them, lets say they are not a guitar based or rock band really. Without a doubt fantastic musicians though, fairly rare in this day and age.
I really appreciate them taking the time to sign my guitar but I am now wishing I had taken in another guitar for them to sign.
I feel SO ungrateful!
What would you do?

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1047 on: September 22, 2021, 06:06:08 PM »
I dont wanna say!
Just out of courtesy to them, lets say they are not a guitar based or rock band really. Without a doubt fantastic musicians though, fairly rare in this day and age.
I really appreciate them taking the time to sign my guitar but I am now wishing I had taken in another guitar for them to sign.
I feel SO ungrateful!
What would you do?

Eh, I don't understand. So you asked them clearly you want them to sign the guitar, they signed it and now you don't want it? :think :lol
I'd replace the body or wherever the signature is and keep the original part just in case I need to sell the guitar and also to preserve it.

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
« Reply #1048 on: September 22, 2021, 06:12:09 PM »

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
« Reply #1049 on: September 22, 2021, 06:16:02 PM »
OK, so at 55 years old I got a bit star struck OK? ::)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 41 queries.