Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 299007 times)

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
For details on Fiesta Red, I highly recommend the Shadows forum.

http://www.shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16677&hilit=roman+red

there were multiple colours that were sold as Fiesta. Hot Rod Red is very different to Fiesta.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
Regarding the ageing on the original 61 Strat's scratch plate, it's been my experience that it's not just smokey bars that colour them. Keeping a guitar out of it's case will cause ageing due to exposure to daylight, even if not in direct sun.  I have a Mexican & a Japanese Strat, both 50's style with a non-laminated scratchplate and over many years kept on a guitar rack they have only gone slightly off white (parchment). I used to keep my MK strat out as well, but the mint green scratchplate has aged much more than the others and is no longer any sort of green, it's gone a nasty buff/ latte colour !   
This was taken in 2015 - it's darker than this now even though It's been kept in it's case since then.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dtvaviationimages/16680297931/in/album-72157627669196085/

I expect Mr Saggers keeps all of Marks guitars in their cases when not in use as the scratch plates in Mark's signature strats still look quite "white". 
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
The scratch plates on Mrs Signature Strats are mint green and the PU covers/knobs are aged white. This is very obvious when you put a white sheet of paper on them. Now look at how green the 61 scratch-late looks to the mint green of the MK Sig Strat ;-)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

hunter

Just silly.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
It makes you wonder how much a "perfect" one might (really) be worth.
The one advertised says it shows signs of use, but you can't really see the damage well in the photos (no close-ups) . Mine has collected a few small lacquer chips over the years, but is generally in about the same condition as the one described, ( not that I have any plans to sell it).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 10:53:47 AM by 3Strats »
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
The one advertised says it shows signs of use, but you can't really see the damage well in the photos (no close-ups) . Mine has collected a few small lacquer chips over the years, but is generally in about the same condition as the one described, ( not that I have any plans to sell it).

I posted here a mint MK Strat which looked almost like a NOS guitar, and it commanded an outrageous price of course.

Meanwhile, Rudy sells this brand new, hand-build custom shop 1964 Fiesta Red Strat for less than this used MK Strat: https://rudysmusic.com/collections/electric-guitars/products/fender-cs-64-strat-journeyman-relic-faded-aged-fiesta-red

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

I posted here a mint MK Strat which looked almost like a NOS guitar, and it commanded an outrageous price of course.

Meanwhile, Rudy sells this brand new, hand-build custom shop 1964 Fiesta Red Strat for less than this used MK Strat: https://rudysmusic.com/collections/electric-guitars/products/fender-cs-64-strat-journeyman-relic-faded-aged-fiesta-red

Looks like a nice guitar for sure... but it's not a Mark Knopfler Signature Strat :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
I like this Paul David's video
I find it turns down a little bit the "legendary thing" from vintage stratocasters, and it's a good thing imho :

BTW, I have a strat replica with a Hondo body (corean brand), a no-name neck (I even do'nt konw the manufacturer), and electronic parts from a 2005 Fender standard american model
last week, I was playing in a bar with it and only my Vox tonelab amp emulator.
the bassist played on a Marcus Miller signature bass, a different level for sure, but he said to me : your strat sounds very good !

https://textes-blog-rock-n-roll.fr/une-vraie-stratocaster-rouge/

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Hard to make a strat sound bad in my opinion. A cheap Squeir can sound amazing, see Quizzy for details. :)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Hard to make a strat sound bad in my opinion. A cheap Squeir can sound amazing, see Quizzy for details. :)
:thumbsup

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
:thumbsup

Haha, thank you. I wish I could afford guitars like this Custom Shop Time Machine 1964 Strat though.

BY THE WAY, on Reverb and eBay combined right now you can find 7 or 8 MK Strats ranging from 3.800 EUR to 10.500 EUR and a couple of Gibson MK Les Pauls for 35.000 and 50.000 EUR. So I don't know where this magic "rarity" comes into play, I mean MK Strats are regularly showing up for sale somewhere. Including this 2003 one: https://reverb.com/item/66985478-fender-stratocaster-mark-knopfler-artist-series-signature-de-2003

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Ouch, that is in no way “very good” condition.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Ouch, that is in no way “very good” condition.

4000 euros, please! Less talk, more money :lol :lol :lol

But seriously, I thought this finish is notorious for its weakness. I remember holding one of these and thinking I can scratch this even with my bare fingers.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I guess I’m just lucky, I’ve gigged mine regularly for 20 years and the only issue with t.he finish is a couple of tiny chips around the neck pocket when I took the neck off to see the date it was built.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 41 queries.