Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 296661 times)

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: fender 'Mark Knopfler' signature series stratocaster - owners list
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
that is one nice sound system there briant!
sticky now knopflerfan.

Was eyeing up those valve amps myself.  That's next Christmas for me sorted then! :-\

Pottel

I like it very much, it's taken me 10 years to put together.

DMG

I would look at something else for next Xmas, Valve (tube) amps are expensive to maintain, I changed the caps and valves
in Sept 13 at a cost of $4500.00 and I did the work myself. (the amps are $32K new)

Brian
Sounds quite reasonable. :think
 :o
I'm trying to scale down my hi-fi stacking system at the moment anyway - got far too many components I just don't use any more!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

foma

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
Dusty, I think I can. I saw couple of metal backplates of MK-Strat necks on ebay including serial number one day. So somebody have serial number, but don't have a guitar. Since neck is the main and the most expensive part of the Strat and it contains MK signature, so there is no reason for me to not be included in the list :)

BrianT, this is what I call 'hi-end' system. I want to say since I have a great (but not so great as yours) sound system I can understand you audiophile guys. My favorite part is when you listen music on great equipment you just sit down and listen without any time (and any will) to look aside.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:18:59 PM by foma »

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
Foma, get yourself an 'MK' neck and 'serial number' plate and you will be more than welcome to join the list.... ;)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
The neck on my mk strat is indeed a thing of beauty. :)

But the whole guitar is fantastic.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »
Dusty, totally agree!
having an MK neck and neck plate would be nice but having the whole strat is something else!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »
It seems a very strange situation that people buy these guitars to break up & sell for parts. It's hard to believe that they are worth more in pieces if being sold on E-bay when you consider the "mark up" that Fender puts on the guitar compared to it's actual cost to produce.  I could understand if someone wanted to replace a broken neck on their MK strat, but otherwise I'm afraid I'm cynical about the motives of the seller and perhaps the buyer (who might try to sell on a "partscaster" as an original MK sig. guitar).

This is not intended as a criticism of any forum members, who may not be able to get hold of (or afford) an original guitar, but the fact is that if a guitar has been put together from parts and does not have an original neck & Ash body it shouldn't really be on a register of MK signature guitars - Just my opinion. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:44:10 AM by 3Strats »
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »
Good post 3strats,

I'm in agreement with you over the points you raise, particulary the point of the 'Partscasters' - the only thing that I would add to all AMITers with regards to the MK Strat and that is not to buy one unless the guitar comes complete with it's 'serial' number 'tag' - I bet those neck plates on Flea Bay don't come with one? >:( I would not be happy to hear one of our fellow fans had been 'ripped' off by someone making their own MK Strat from parts without all the correct documentation etc...

I have contemplated the owners 'register' over the past few days and have decide that only Bona-fide Fender MK Strat owners will be listed in the main list and those with 'parts' will just get a brief mention below...

I think that as MK Fans/purists we should only be fully listing the full 'boxed' guitar complete with owner/location...

Hope everyone is in agreement with this? Discuss....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:50:17 AM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineAndyM

• Guitar George
Hi, after ordering a MK Strat back in August, the following day turned to devastation after I was told they could not get them anymore. I then rang almost every Fender Dealer in Australia, with no luck  :( My luck changed last week when one came on ebay, 2006 as new starting bid $2900 or buy it now $3800, I looked on Gumtree a few days later and there was one on there for $2000 Yr 2010 or 2011 but it would cost me $1100 to fly there and back from Newcastle (AUS) so on Friday I rang the Guy in Brisbane with the one on ebay and settled on a price of $3000 AUD. I flew to Brisbane yesterday and picked it up and my dream is now complete  :) Its a 2006 model Serial Number SE 03110. Return flight cost $300 so $3300 but it's worth every bit of it to me.

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
Hi, after ordering a MK Strat back in August, the following day turned to devastation after I was told they could not get them anymore. I then rang almost every Fender Dealer in Australia, with no luck  :( My luck changed last week when one came on ebay, 2006 as new starting bid $2900 or buy it now $3800, I looked on Gumtree a few days later and there was one on there for $2000 Yr 2010 or 2011 but it would cost me $1100 to fly there and back from Newcastle (AUS) so on Friday I rang the Guy in Brisbane with the one on ebay and settled on a price of $3000 AUD. I flew to Brisbane yesterday and picked it up and my dream is now complete  :) Its a 2006 model Serial Number SE 03110. Return flight cost $300 so $3300 but it's worth every bit of it to me.

Andy

Congrats on your find, you are a luckily guy.

Lets keep our eyes open for Foma as he is still looking.

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

OfflineAndyM

• Guitar George

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

wooohooo!! - good for you.
Brown case and all the case candy present?

Have now added you to the list.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:22:24 AM by Knopflerfan »

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Just another shout from a long time MK strat owner. SE00294, Bought from Andertons Music Guildford UK in 2003. Second best guitar I ever played...

Go on now you can all ask what was the best!  ;)

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Just another shout from a long time MK strat owner. SE00294, Bought from Andertons Music Guildford UK in 2003. Second best guitar I ever played...

Go on now you can all ask what was the best!  ;)

Schecter Van Nuys strat?

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Nope.... ;D

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Gibson Les Paul 'Joe Bonamassa' Gold top!!

now't much better than that......

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.