Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 293063 times)

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
just a couple more!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I'm no expert other than owning quite an early 2003 model but it looks good to me.

Seems like an error on that hang tag. My guitar didn't even come with that hang tag, must have just been later models. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
That looks all good to me...

The sticker (Mark Knopfler Strat 0117800-815) on the 'Manufacture' hang tag is only on my later Strat (SE3805) as my other two (earlier) are all hand written....

With regards to the Strat resize 3 piccie can you read the sticker which has been painted over per chance?

Surely you have a 'manufacture' hang tag complete with serial number on Dusty?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:33:43 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
Thanks for the comments chaps,
I have no other hang tags with the guitar that are specific to this instrument, others are general Fender stuff.
Either Fender switched to a 62 body some time in the production run or I have a bitsa.
I am inclined to think that the guitar is genuine but why would Fender switch the body spec to make what was effectively a 62 re issue when they allready had a 62 re issue available.
If it is a bitsa where did the body come from? What other strats did Fender make with a 62 hot rod red nitro body?
I think this may take an e mail to Fender to sort out!

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
I guess they all have a 62 body in fact as you cannot put an 11 hole pickguard on a 57 body (the "shoulder" in the electronics cave is missing on these so one of the screws  there will not go into the wood)
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
very good point!  obvious when I think about it.
I have e mailed Fender customer services so it will be interesting to see wwhat they say about it.

OfflineRafael

• Guitar George
  • Universe is music......
Hola, i'm new in the forum but I own a precious Fender Signature MK, exactly........number SE00674. I live in Spain and I wish to know when and where it was crafted my guitar........I think to be the third own of this guitar, but i really don't know sure........I live in Spain but i have family in the USA and i play music in the center area of Spain. My greetings for everybody and you can to put me in the list of owners of one MKS.....after i upload some photos of this warrior with Van Zandt Vintage Plus pickups...........
Rafael

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Welcome Rafael ;)

Your MK has been duly added to the list... As yours is only numbered a few more from my first Strat I would assume it is a 2003/2004 edition....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRafael

• Guitar George
  • Universe is music......
Hola, i write to Fender and his answer is :
The serial number you have provided corresponds with a Mark Knopfler Stratocaster in Hot Rod Red finish manufactured 02/2005. The factory specs for this specific model are listed below.

Model Name: Mark Knopfler Stratocaster
Rafael

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I did the same and emailed Fender and heard straight away...

SE00616 - Manufactured: 11/2003
SE00860 - Manufactured: 11/2004
SE03805 - Manufactured: 02/2009

Thanks for your input Rafael ;)

*As you can see by looking at the serial numbers and Manufacture dates there is no consistency with early ones having an early serial number for example there are only 58 guitars between our two (SE00616 - SE00674) and yet our guitars have a  difference of around 15 months!!
SE00860 was actually manufactured before yours I see.... ;)

So my SE00616 & SE00860 are very early distributed MK Strat's and I'm well impressed!! ;D

Fascinating stuff!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:55:26 AM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineSultan of Swing

• Guitar George
Hi Knoflerfan,
You can count me in! I'm the proud owner of a MK Strat with serial number SE02762. Fender told me it was manufactured in March 2006. It's a real joy to play! Makes me kind of feel like MK, but without the great musical skills... ;)

Best regards
Robin
Belgium
Robin from Belgium

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
A word of warning to anyone keeping their MK strat out of it's case (on a stand or in a rack). Mine has been kept on a rack for spells of a few weeks at a time and then spends the rest of the time in it's case if not in regular use, in order to protect it from  "dings" 
Due to the position of the rack, The only time the sun shines on it is late on a summer evening, (coming horizontally through the window) and even then it's shining through a net curtain and patterned glass.  I noticed when I got the guitar out of it's case recently that the scratch plate has "aged" from mint green to a more cream colour, and more annoyingly, there are lighter "shadows" above the knobs and pickup selector where they have shielded the scratch plate from the sun !
(the guitar sits in the rack with the lower edge  facing outwards).  None of my cheaper Strats with single ply pickguards or any of my other guitars are showing any evidence of this - it must be a characteristic of the mint green scratch plate.
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Just buy another scratch plate.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I heard about so many fans that removed the texas special pickups that made me thinks that maybe MK was wrong about it. LOL
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Now seriously, as a guitar ignorant am I, if MK choose that pickups for his signature, and I buy it, I will stick to that pickups because, if I dont want them, why to buy that guitar? There are plenty of Fender guitars with other specifications, many artists have their signature models, and it is supposed that when you buy one of those, its because you want exactly that one, the one that your musical hero designed isnt it?

However, when you buy it, you are entitled to do whatever you want with it, even put it on fire, Lol.

By the way, wasnt a Mk signature the one that Mk put lipsticks pickups when playing with Dylan?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 37 queries.